• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I played Samus a lot. Tidbits of useful information.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So I'm sure other people have already found some of this stuff but if they haven't...yeah.

I will be updating this thread with new things I find.

1st off:

Samus's Grapple is very very very useful. On the stage. Since it has 0 lag when landing and actually has a good amount of stun, you can use it to combo into anything. Also, I am pretty sure it is the longest attack in the game. So you can use this as an approach and a defense.

Try it out when you can. Samus will need it.

Next thing:

You can double homing missile. In one jump. Not a short hop, but this is even better then Double missiling in melee. The homing missiles are more useful in this game then the smash missiles. Try this out on FD. It's really cool.

Another:
You can Homing missle to Grapple to grab...or anything. As if you were going to DHM(Double Homing Missile) but hit Z instead of the second missile. The missle should reach your opponent right after your grapple hits them allowing you a free grab or smash or..well you get the point. It is a very good approach.

Fair to up B combo's in this game very well.

Uair is amazing as well and if you spam it you can lead into back air for a kill.

Platform Canceled Grapples:
Go to say...The old Poke Stadium. Remeber DJCPMC missiles in Melee? Well... jump onto the platform and then grapple while you are in the air so that you land removing all lag. Then run off or fall through and grapple again. You can hit someone twice in the air with your grapple like this, then hit them on the ground with a dash attack.

Air grapple to Dash attack is really good.

I will update more later, and I have a lot of videos that will be uploaded tomorrow probably so watch out for those.

Also, I did not steal anyones techniques haha. If you found it first Good job. I played and found all this out on my own though and I will be fininding and posting more :).

Stay tuned.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Good stuff Hylian can't wait to get my hands on the game and contribute to the discovers even though you guys will finds most things my then I imagine :)

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
This is all awesome. ^^ Since Samus' SH distance was lowered we'll be able to SHFFL-approach not only more easily and competently, with techniques like these, but faster.

What about her Grapple Beam as, well, a grab move? Is it any better or worse than in Melee?

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
u can tip grapple to walk or run forward to dtilt or ftilt

it usually works, if u see my vid grapple goodness or thread, u'll she the usefulness in the edgegame

i like how i post a lot of useful stuff that people post later, and yet no one still trusts me lol

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
u can tip grapple to walk or run forward to dtilt or ftilt

it usually works, if u see my vid grapple goodness or thread, u'll she the usefulness in the edgegame

i like how i post a lot of useful stuff that people post later, and yet no one still trusts me lol
1 I never saw your vid link plz, 2 it's pretty simple to figure out it tippers, I just felt like posting it for people who don't have brawl.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
1 I never saw your vid link plz, 2 it's pretty simple to figure out it tippers, I just felt like posting it for people who don't have brawl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbanrzSohog

it's on the samus video thread
also i posted MC super missiles along with running off platform super missile but no one saw it either... oh well, the quality isn't great cuz everyone was like WHERE IS DA PROOF and i hurried to get some out yet no one cared lol

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Played Brawl yesterday, I expect to play it today too.
You can actually have 3-4 Homing Missiles in air while attacking.
Missile Cancel into Charged Beam is in.

Samus has virtually no lag from aerials, you can do most Melee combos here (at least I can), her short hop is really good too.

And yes, grapple cancel is really cool, very spammeable.

U-Tilt was nerfed in speed, It takes a while to do the move and actually hit, it has to be very well planned if you want it to hit.

Bomb Jump is weird but possible, not really needed, F-Smash range was NERFED, I did a F-Smash to DDD and... I really... hit him but nothing happened, no, wasn't "ghost hit", nothing happened, nothing, her range was nerfed, you need to rely on F-tilt and Dash attack to get your opponent to the edge.
B-Air is really good for kills, but Samus is gettin' bad for that.

I'll try to edge guard with HMC today.

See ya =)

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
to bomb jump u don't even have to put out 2 bombs

u can lay on in the air and as long as ur in it's vertical vicinity, the bomb will explode and let you up and forwrd a bit.... =_=

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
The f-smash range wasn't nerfed they just changed the timing on when it is longer/has more priority w/e - pretty sure have been practicing with samus and I've been able to canon punch through things with a different timing

TobiasXK

Smash Ace
to bomb jump u don't even have to put out 2 bombs

u can lay on in the air and as long as ur in it's vertical vicinity, the bomb will explode and let you up and forwrd a bit.... =_=
This.

It's just sometimes useful for mobility purposes to bomb again. But yea, you can just bomb once and stay above it, and you'll bomb-jump.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I think bomb jumping will be useless because of the floatiness of brawl and it will probably hinder recovery instead of aiding it. You can't attack out of the morph ball state either.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
no credits to me :(
and i posted a vid with this before the thread was made
Don't worry about who gets credit. It's a solid move and it will be pretty common in use. Do you remember who let us know about the missile cancel in Melee? I don't.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
no credits to me :(
and i posted a vid with this before the thread was made
Rohnins is right lol.

Also, if you really want it like that, I have a video of me doing it before you made the thread.

Haha.

I don't really care about claiming new stuff...its pretty stupid that all these people are naming things after themselves. I just want to make samus not horrible haha.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
well i never made the thread, i posted my vid on a info gathering thread, like useful advice with samus or w.e
I made the thread after you made ur thread lol

but meh, i'm solid now

i think samus sucks, but it's mostly because our playstyles are like melee.... dair is the new nair lol

Top Bottom