• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(SOLVED) I need help from an experienced stage maker

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
While working with my stages I stumbled on a comment that made me realize what was missing.

Edit: Alright, I've tried out your stages, Scout. Here are my thoughts.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207173
The stage overall looks good. It's well optimized. The colors look great. But it would be cool if the objects in the background rotated around, rather than just sit there along the moving background. There's also a lack of shadows on the stage. And the characters kinda clash with the stage a bit, as there's no lighting/shading.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207550
This stage is pretty neat as well, but this stage also suffers from a lack of lighting/shading as well. But it does have shadows. And maybe you could optimize the models a bit more if you can. The wheels on the toy train should also be spinning as it moves. This may be a nitpick, but I feel everything should have a bit more detail to it.
Good and great, but I can do better.

I recently learned how to optimize models to its best possible state, and I recently learned how to add custom shadows! And detail problems will be no issue since I can make my own textures and learn to UV them.

But the two things I never, ever got is shading stages and adding bones for animations. While shading, I tried many times to make the stages look from its original game with glitchy results, either flashes white or gets completely black. I tried to rimlight the Galaxy stage to make it look more genuine, add specs shines to metal surfaces, but no dice. For bones, up to now, I asked for hands on assitance. And some do their best to explain via skype, and many youtube vids on what to do... but the models never leave the 3ds max state because I don't get whatI have to do!

My biggest issue is, that even tho I learn fast, I only seem to learn by either picture or video tutorials.

And that is my reason to make this thread, to ask for help, for someone that can teach me, or for someone that can direct me to a tutorial.

I wanna make better stages for everyone.

Once I learn these, I plan to make everything I know into a stage making bible for others to join in.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Ha, turns out I figured this by myself again.

Hahahahah! But it cost me a price. I forgot to backup the stages so its ruined sadly.

Top Bottom