• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I live in Japan, what should I do?

Egg-Off the Conquerer

Smash Apprentice
Hello ladies, gentlemen and small pink puff balls

I currently live in Japan and plan on grabbing smash 3D the moment it's released. Is there anything you guys would like me to do once i get my hands on the game?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I guess a lot of people will want to know the full roster ASAP, but I suppose it will probably leak before the release, so let me ask for something else. Uh... I would like you to check which music tracks play in the stages (at least in the starter ones). We all know each stage will have only two tracks, so I really hope they chose the music tracks carefully. Also, thoughts on the framerate of the game would be welcomed. Ah, before I forget, I would like to know if the controls are customizable.

Last edited:

Soul.

Try to check if Pikachu can still Quick Attack cancel, please. If it can't, keep trying. It has to be in the final version, I'm sure of that. Then, like @ Reila Reila said, you can post the final roster, see if the controls are customizable, the stage musics, and details about customization.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
That's kind of you to offer; I'd like to know what the play coins can do (I saw a thread about it and it made me wonder) and other little stuff that most people don't bother to put online, like maybe alternate costumes and color schemes.

D

Deleted member

Well, unlock all characters (plus the methods to unlock like @ D dimensionsword64 said), trophies, see if there are some advanced techniques, and check out the modes. Thank you.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Appreciate you offering first off. Would love to know how the new classic/adventure modes are.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Let us know if this game really is the terrible, horrible, no-good very bad Brawl clone people are making it out to be. A lot of people are very interested to see what, if any, gameplay changes will be made from the demo, so as much gameplay footage as possible would be appreciated in order to fuel our flame wars about how terrible this game is.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Check if Peach can float cancel and whether her down smash can devour worlds, please!
We got nothing from her since her announcement :(

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Let us know if this game really is the terrible, horrible, no-good very bad Brawl clone people are making it out to be. A lot of people are very interested to see what, if any, gameplay changes will be made from the demo, so as much gameplay footage as possible would be appreciated in order to fuel our flame wars about how terrible this game is.
But Brawl isn't bad, in fact, it is the second best Smash game after the original. If this game is like Brawl, then **** yes!

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
But Brawl isn't bad, in fact, it is the second best Smash game after the original. If this game is like Brawl, then **** yes!
I actually like Brawl. I was just poking fun at the extreme negativity present in certain segments of the community, as well as the massive flame wars that erupted after the demo and invitational that will surely return once we see the final build.

D

Deleted member

I actually like Brawl. I was just poking fun at the extreme negativity present in certain segments of the community, as well as the massive flame wars that erupted after the demo and invitational that will surely return once we see the final build.
Brawl is a great game, but for some reason, I began to lose interest in it in 2010 I believe. There's no point of flame wars to be honest, things have to change for good. If SSB3DS is like Brawl, I won't have a problem with it.

Soul.

Which is why I want to know if Pikachu retains its Quick Attack cancel. If it does, you can expect to see the character being really good. And since the game is being balanced, Meta Knight won't be a big issue as he was in Brawl.

Egg-Off the Conquerer

Smash Apprentice
You guys have much more specific requests than reddit lol. I'll list as much of the music as I can, but I need to learn to quick attack cancel first before checking pikachu lol.

Also, I won't compare this game to brawl as I don't know anything about the competitive scene in brawl, so don't worry about that. I promise to be as positive as I can!

Soul.

You guys have much more specific requests than reddit lol. I'll list as much of the music as I can, but I need to learn to quick attack cancel first before checking pikachu lol.

Also, I won't compare this game to brawl as I don't know anything about the competitive scene in brawl, so don't worry about that. I promise to be as positive as I can!
Well, you can watch videos of it on YouTube. I'm pretty sure that's going to help you. From what I have heard on the Pikachu subforum in the SSB4 character discussion, Quick Attack cancelling is on the 3DS version, at least on the E3 demo. All I need to know is if it's in the final version, which probably will since I doubt they'll take it out. The version is supposed to be almost complete. But before doing that, you can post the final character roster and the unlock methods, then you can try doing the Quick Attack cancel. Thanks anyways!

Raijinken

Smash Master
Character, stage, recolor/alt costume, music, and language options. So sick of Pit's new voice, hopefully at least the English version will have a Japanese language option >.<

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
I would like you to do something with the game, once you do get it:
GIVE IT TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985
Classic and All-Star mode, stages, and if Sonic's voice clips were replaced with new ones by Roger Craig Smith, not Generations clips.

Last edited:

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
you could do some of the following if you want to
1 live stream everything
2 record and upload every basic function of the game(like the intro cut scene to just going through the menus)
3 show off all of the character skins
4 I'm not sure if this would work but sell the game on eBay or other websites(you could make a lot of money{kind of what second hand ticket stores do})
or do what the other people are saying to as long as you are conferrable with it

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Move to the States so you have to wait like everyone else.

Nah but seriously post if K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo or Isaac are playable.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629

I currently live in Japan and plan on grabbing smash 3D the moment it's released. Is there anything you guys would like me to do once i get my hands on the game?
Leak all the Characters...
LIKE A BAD***! oh and if you would be kind enough could you tell us Which Character you think will be Amazing?

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice

First I would like to say this is very kind of you to take suggestions from Super Smash Fans on what you would like us to see upon the games release! We can get a little crazy with our suggestions and ideas so thank you for doing this :D

What would be really cool is if you could test out all the characters and give a brief summary of how they play and if they seem to be any good! Like if they are veterans have they improved, been nerfed, and whats been changed! If they are new just give a summary of what the overall feel and abilities this character brings to Smash!

Once again thank you for doing this! Impatient people like me will truly appreciate this :D

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
First I would like to say this is very kind of you to take suggestions from Super Smash Fans on what you would like us to see upon the games release! We can get a little crazy with our suggestions and ideas so thank you for doing this :D

What would be really cool is if you could test out all the characters and give a brief summary of how they play and if they seem to be any good! Like if they are veterans have they improved, been nerfed, and whats been changed! If they are new just give a summary of what the overall feel and abilities this character brings to Smash!

Once again thank you for doing this! Impatient people like me will truly appreciate this :D
I second this motion :secretkpop:

Defile

Smash Apprentice
Try to check if Pikachu can still Quick Attack cancel, please. If it can't, keep trying. It has to be in the final version, I'm sure of that. Then, like @ Reila Reila said, you can post the final roster, see if the controls are customizable, the stage musics, and details about customization.
QAC seems to have already been confirmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HZRwWN7lHc

If it's in the Wii U version, I don't see why it wouldn't be in the 3DS version.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
What I want to know the most is what is the new challenger approaching screen for the 3DS version is going to look like (hopefully the small warning clip showing at the very beginning of Megaman's trailer is part of that in the final version.)

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
What I want to know the most is what is the new challenger approaching screen for the 3DS version is going to look like (hopefully the small warning clip showing at the very beginning of Megaman's trailer is part of that in the final version.)
That'd be cool, though I think they were more going for the Megaman/X-esque WARNING BOSS APPROACHING type sign.

That said... what if the warning was character unique? Could be so cool.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
That'd be cool, though I think they were more going for the Megaman/X-esque WARNING BOSS APPROACHING type sign.

That said... what if the warning was character unique? Could be so cool.
Characters getting their own Challenger Approaching intro based on their series would be awesome (I can totally see the iconic Round break from the classic Punch out being used for Little Mac), also it would do away the creepiness factor that the last 2 Challenger Approaching intros had in Melee & Brawl (Melee's scared the heck out of me mostly because of the warning theme and the fact I wasn't expecting another fight right off the bat, Brawl's didn't creep me out as much but the warning sound did get pretty eerily, the more I hear it).

Speaking of Challenger Approaching intros, what version would Pac-man get, now that he's in?

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master

Characters getting their own Challenger Approaching intro based on their series would be awesome (I can totally see the iconic Round break from the classic Punch out being used for Little Mac), also it would do away the creepiness factor that the last 2 Challenger Approaching intros had in Melee & Brawl (Melee's scared the heck out of me mostly because of the warning theme and the fact I wasn't expecting another fight right off the bat, Brawl's didn't creep me out as much but the warning sound did get pretty eerily, the more I hear it).

Speaking of Challenger Approaching intros, what version would Pac-man get, now that he's in?
I imagine some of the intermission scenes from Ms. Pac-Man and other oldish Pac-Man games. And that's the exact same scene I imagined for Mac.

Oh, another good thing to confirm from an early copy would be the strength of the online play, and whether or not you can do hybrid online/local or if everyone just has to be online for that kind of play.

Egg-Off the Conquerer

Smash Apprentice
Ok! So I'll start by showing off each starting characters movesets then move on to trying to unlock bew characters. I'll try to visit every stage to see if what all of the music is too, and I'll test out some potential tech!

MrBond

Smash Cadet
Yeah, see if you can let us know what characters are in the game and if you see anything online on how to unlock them and/or what the full roster is.

Thanks!

Top Bottom