• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I don't know what to expect from Falco.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
As can be clearly seen, I am a die-hard fan of Falco Lombardi, in both Melee and the Star Fox series. However, as of late, I don't know what to expect as far as if he is returning or not. So I decided to open a speculation thread about him, since there doesn't seem to currently be one. Let's review some recent evidence for and against him.

(IN SUPPORT)

- Seen here, Kiri has posted a thread with a translated image that suggests clones may be returning. Speculatory, but still present. Link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=138264&highlight=Clones+returning

- Falco was one of the most popular characters in Melee. It doesn't hurt.

- F@lco-san posted a thread pointing out a reportedly reliable (but unofficial) entry in a blog with a rough translation that suggests the return of both Falco and Jigglypuff, as well as the arrival of Ridley. Link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=139005

- Falco ranked as the most popular Star Fox character on a Nintendo poll. (Thanks to Kooichi)

- Aerial battling is going to be more emphasized, and Falco was a very aerial character in Melee. (Thanks to Kooichi)

(IN OPPOSITION)

- There was that misinterpreted quote of clones not returning at all, but that's been pretty much debunked.

- In the recent "Masterpieces" update on the Dojo, Star Fox 64 was one of the games showcased. We see the screenshot, though, of Falco radioing Fox on Corneria with the message "Oh man, I'm gonna have to back off." That is the line he says when he is shot down. I know it's been mentioned, and probably doesn't mean anything, but it could be a subtle hint from Sakurai (praying it's not).

- Even I support Krystal for Brawl. She would be a very unique character and deserves to be in the game. But if the SF series only gets two reps again (which would be utterly ridiculous), she has a chance of beating him out for the spot. I think they should both be in, but only Sakurai knows which will win. Wolf I could see, but he's not as original as Falco or Krystal. If there's four reps, he'll be number four IMO.

- Popularity may have declined in past years. (Thanks to Kooichi)

I'm fully aware that all evidence for and against him is up in the air, not confirmable, and purely speculatory, but the legitimacy of the cited sources is up to the viewer. Some of it is opinionated, but feel free to express your own. Please use this thread to discuss Fox's wingman's chances. And if anyone has new evidence that is brought to my attention, I will add it.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I give it a 50/50 chance. If he is in, he'd play very diferently. Lucas' moves have been shown to be very different from Ness' and Ikes are quite different from Marth's. So Falco would definitely be quite revamped.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
I give it a 50/50 chance. If he is in, he'd play very diferently. Lucas' moves have been shown to be very different from Ness' and Ikes are quite different from Marth's. So Falco would definitely be quite revamped.
umm, correct me if im wrong, but arent lucas' moves almost identical to those of Ness? the same can be said for Ike, his moves are very similar to Marth's.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
I'm a die-hard Falco Lombardi fan as well. Been supporting him from the very beginning. He's one of my favorite video game characters.

Advantages/Support

-Most popular Star Fox character (Nintendo Poll) and also very popular with the Smash Bros. players.
-Sakurai wants to emphasize more on aerial battling and we all know who's jump rocked in Melee.
-So far from all the information we've gotten, Sakurai seems to be showing the Star Fox series in Brawl with Star Fox 64 and SNES content. Fox's design isn't completely from Command, only his face. However, his clothes is an updated design of his 64 outfit. The Arwings seen in Brawl are the Arwings from Star Fox 64, same with the Wolfen. Also, the Great Fox can be seen in the Lylat Cruise stage. Yup, it's the 64 one.

Disadvantages

-Krystal can have a very unique moveset and has a very high spot on the polls and end up being the only other Star Fox rep.
-Could be replaced by Fox's rival, Wolf
-Could have lost his popularity in the past years.

IMO, I think Falco will return and deserves to be in Brawl way more than Krystal. He's a popular Smash veteran and Fox's luigi. Replacing him with Krystal would be like replacing Luigi with Peach =P

Also if you support the 35 character roster, he's in there. Which I do, I think it's an awesome roster XD

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Lucas only has Ness' B moves, meaning Ness could have some new B moves. As far as I'm aware, they're quite different for the rest of their moveset.

And I don't think Ike looks too similar to Marth, he's slower and heavier for one thing.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
I don't know what Rareware was thinking when they dropped Falco out of Star Fox Adventures for most of the game. Heck, I liked the game, but it always rubbed me the wrong way.

I'd remain optimistic. If any of the clones are going to get it (revamped or not), it'd most likely be Falco. In fact, I would say that it's impossible that it wouldn't show up in some form (sticker, trophy, cutscene, etc.) I'm less sure about him being a PC again, but I'd like to see him back.

Top Bottom