• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I could really use some help agaisnt peach

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Let me start off by saying the person I was playing is very good. When we play I'll rarely win, but it usually comes down to the last stock.

Last night he started using Peach again (he mained her in melee and brawl competitively) and I was completely blown away by how little I knew about the match up. I got bodied over and over, I felt i had no idea how to approach or counter. I have a really bad habit of crouch cancelling and double stick DI-ing downward when i get hit, which is teribble when peach d-smashes, im working on that hah.

Heres us playing last night on stream: http://www.twitch.tv/centralvalleysmash/b/510844531[1]

here's me (uCooL) as Kong Vs his Peach @ 2:54:17

I plan to play him again soon, but until then, Any advice or vids would be greatly appreciated!

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Like the dude on Reddit said, bair is a super safe moves. Bair is really effective against floatier characters

JRad

Smash Apprentice
You need to be cargo throwing instead of using upthrow. You can cargo upthrow peach into uairs. At really low percents you can do it grounded, otherwise you have to full hop. On a stage like the one you were playing on, cargo full hop uair and then land on the platform into another aerial. You can't really contest peach if she throws a turnip then approaches so just get under her or wave dash back. Definitely stop holding down on the downsmash, you pretty lost solely because of that. You had a really nice spike in there.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
You need to be cargo throwing instead of using upthrow. You can cargo upthrow peach into uairs. At really low percents you can do it grounded, otherwise you have to full hop. On a stage like the one you were playing on, cargo full hop uair and then land on the platform into another aerial. You can't really contest peach if she throws a turnip then approaches so just get under her or wave dash back. Definitely stop holding down on the downsmash, you pretty lost solely because of that. You had a really nice spike in there.
Thanks for all the advice, i never considered using the platforms to get up quicker after the first up-air

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
If you want a simple damage builder, do a quick cargo F throw and run in with a quick Nair, that's how I get a good bit of damage in fast, works really easy I'm sure even on floaties

Top Bottom