• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I call this, the Pivot Hog

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Im not sure how known it is, but here it is, on tape for all who want to know.
As the name implies, its a form of edgehogging, using the pivot instead of a WaveDash.
To me its faster, though its seemingly harder to do, just like Wavedashing its just something that you can practice and get better with.

The vid here is only including marth, but it is possible with everyone. If enough people are interested I might make an additional video including most, if not all the characters performing it.

So without further ado, The Pivot Hog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UclyPgLKkhY

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Its been found out before and posted here (I think), and if not, me and my friends found this out way before you. :3

D1

Banned via Administration
Nice name for an already known technique at least now for ppl that don't know about they have a nice clear vid showing the technique.

Kudos!

tsetse

Smash Lord
Im not sure how known it is, but here it is, on tape for all who want to know.
As the name implies, its a form of edgehogging, using the pivot instead of a WaveDash.
To me its faster, though its seemingly harder to do, just like Wavedashing its just something that you can practice and get better with.

The vid here is only including marth, but it is possible with everyone. If enough people are interested I might make an additional video including most, if not all the characters performing it.

So without further ado, The Pivot Hog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UclyPgLKkhY
This one is known also.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I agree that's a nice name for this but it has already been discovered and been even used in competitive play.
However I don’t know if it has a name so I would push for naming it.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yeah. I've done this before a few times albeit on accident. It's a pretty cool trick, but it's kind of hard to do. You could probably just as easily wavedash forward and turn around during the wavedash to edgehog. Not as cool, but it gets the job done.

Top Bottom