• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyrule Land Wars V1: The Hyrulean Civil War

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Hello, everyone. Welcome to...

Hyule Land Wars

Hyrule Land Wars is, in the best description, a real time strategy game that's text based and gives you the freedom to do almost anything you want. This is the debut of Land Wars here on Smashboards

Okay, now to explain the rules!

The Rules: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

How to play:

Pick a vacant base and it's yours. The goal of the game is to conquer the land by crushing your enemies.

Troops and Recruiting:

You will start with 1,500 Units that naturally occur in your area (i.e., Poes in the graveyard)
You will be allowed to recruit 100 per day per base with a maximum of 400 per day
You are allowed to have a maximum of 50,003
To make up a new unit, you must use a base unit. Example:
Recruit Gorons ->Project-> Recruit Goron Archers. Since Goron Archers don't exist, you must train them first. Doing this doesn't convert x amount of Gorons into archers, rather, it "unlocks" them for recruitment.

Projects

Probably the most important part of the wars;
You are allowed to have 2 projects for each base, with a maximum of 5 overall.
1 base = 2 projects
2 bases = 3 projects
3 bases = 4 projects
4 bases = 5 projects

Projects must take a logical amount of time. I will let the players be the judge, but I or other game leaders will step in if we feel that a project time is unfair. Now, we don't use actual real-time, or else we'd be playing the game for a long time. Use this guideline to help you:

Recruit a hero unit: 4 days
Train units to do/be something (i.e. archers): 4 days
Mass produce an item: 6 days
Take an empty base as your own: 10 days (must wait till game day 10 to do so)
Build a decent sized keep: 12 days

ONE GAME DAY EQUALS 12 HOURS. That means one full, real day is 2 game days.

Alliance:

Alliances are not recognized by the Landwars. Feel free to make and break as many as you wish. Of course, disloyal armies may find trouble finding allies.

RULES:
- No changing war strategies. (unless a major event was unaccounted for, such as an obvious super weapon which you did not know about being used)
- No bosses from places outside of the realm in which the game takes place (no using Goht in Ocarina of Time Hyrule and such)
- No technology that's out of reason. Think Zelda, not Star Wars. We have magic but don't overuse it.
- Maximum troops 50,003 (note the 3 counts for your hero/boss units)
- If armies work together in attack or defense, they must be united under one strategy.
- It is understood that troops patrol territorial borders even if unstated in updates or logs
- No using out of game knowledge (army A does project A, Army B doesn't know about project A, yet makes a strategy as if they know about it)
- You MUST list all completed projects in your updates. (very important, otherwise it's hard to tell what you have and have not done)
- No instantaneous transport of troops from one base to another. If two or more bases are attacked, divide your army up.
- No teleportation
- Maximum 3 hero units per army
- No self made bases
- Trades cannot be intercepted, but the routes must pass through neutral and friendly areas only.
- You may work together on structures and split the days between participating armies. EVENLY.
- You may steal items.
- To reproduce a unique item (such as mirror shields, hook shots etc), you must have the original item or schematics from the holder of the original. You will have the schematics if you started with the item.
- When you first start with a base, you get all the items found in that area. For example, the Great Deku Tree would have Deku Nuts, sticks, and a slingshot.
- Spies are not allowed.
- A Limited number of prisoners are allowed if you have an area to jail them. Information and such gained from them will be determined by myself and the original owner of the imprisoned troops.
- Recruiting units does NOT/ count as a project

As for equipment, we only care about special items. We know that Poes have lanterns and that Iron Knuckles have Axes. In your supply list, we only need to know the special things, such as Hylian Shields, Din's Fire, Lens of Truth, Steel armor, poison arrows etc. The game also rules that all units have plenty of food, shelter, and water. The only time this rule is overturned is by special conditions, such as being a prisoner of war or under siege.

WAR!

The reason we're here:

The idea of this game is conquest. The way you win is to get all the bases.

There are 3 ways to attack in this version:

Base Attacking: you attack a base in hopes of taking it, sabotage it, or just ransacking it for fun.

Sneak Attack: Use stealthy units to infiltrate an enemy base. Steal schematics, learn about the defenses, take out a few units etc.

Neutral Field War: Contact another player and challenge him to a fight on Hyrule Field or another neutral area. You may do this for whatever reason.

1. DECLARING WAR

When making your declaration of war, you must list these things:

Who you are attacking
Where the battle will take place
Which troops you will use
Which supplies they will be using
OFFENDER STRATEGY. (most important)

The format for an offender strategy goes like this:
Troops:
*list troops*

Supplies:
*list supplies*

Strategy:
*write out what you want your troops to do* (including any phases there may be)

Notes:
*things like retreat point, battle affecting side notes, and project effects go here*

2. DEFENDER

First of all, and most important,
The Defender needs to make his strategy while pretending to not know anything about the offender strategy. You may however include responses to obvious maneuvers. Like: they split into two groups, so I will fan out.

Defender strategies are really the same as offender, only the defender can't retreat unless they have some sort of exit. (ie a secret tunnel to a friendly base)

The defender can also get their allies to help them in the defense. All allies must have one united strategy, not 2+ separate ones.

Example:

For the layout see attacker.

3. THE WAR

The war mod will evaluate the two strategies and make a INFORMED, IMPARTIAL AND LOGICAL DECISION on who will win. Then he/she will write a brief description of what happened in the war, and at the end, will post how many troops died for each side.

Note that war modding should include status effects, like if there was a project to build a base and it got burned down, it must be listed in the modding.

Heres the layout for a warmod:

The Battle:
*description of the battle, have some fun with it, make it fun to read*

Units:
*list what people have left, not what they lost, but what they have left*

Notes:
*list reasons for things you think may cause arguments*

IF YOU QUIT THE LANDWARS
If you should quit or leave the Landwars, your units disappear and your base becomes abandoned. Someone may then do a project (10 days) to claim it.

Here is a list of the bases, and who currently owns them.

Arbiter's Grounds:
Hyrule Castle: Fastblade
City in the Sky:
Forest Temple:
Goron Mines:
Lakebed Temple: Lobotheduck
Snowpeak Ruins:
Temple of Time: Fireemblemnier
Kakariko Village: Kazoto Skytear
Twilight Palace:
Ordon Village:

Note, if more than eight people would like to join, I'll work something out with them.

The game will start when we have 6-8 people.

Finally: Army Updates:

This is how to keep yourself up to date. To keep it fun and interesting, we ask that everyone try to update at least once every real day. Copy the format below and add your information.

Army Name:
Day 0
Primary Base:
Acquired Bases: none

Troops:

Total: 1500

Recruitment:

Total: 100

Supplies:

Projects:

Completed Projects:

Log:

A final note: Mods, if this game belongs in the regular Forum Games section, please let me know. As far as I know, this is the first version of the game here.
This is the TWILIGHT PRINCESS world, Wii Version. The Map is below:

Here is my Day 0 Update if anyone is confused. As well, I AM participating in the game.

Army Name: The Leigon of Twilight
Day 0
Primary Base: Hyrule Castle
Acquired Bases: None

Troops:
500 Dinolfos
500 Aeralfos
500 Darknuts

Recruitment:
50 Stalfos
50 Keese

Supplies:
Execution Sword
Light Arrows
Blade Traps
Zelda's Rapier
Light Bow

Bombs
Arrows
Blue Potion
Bomblings
Magic Armor
Red Potion
Water Bombs
Hylian Shield (Goron Salesman sells it to you in town)

Projects:
Recruit Lord Ganondorf (1/4)
Mass Produce the Light Bow (1/6)

Completed Projects:

Log: Ha! How simple it was to rile up this insecure land. I shall soon have my war, and everyone shall perish! I've sworn my allegiance to milord Ganondorf. He is wary, however. I will not obtain his powers like his traitor, Zant. As well, I must convince him to join us.
My minions are mass producing the Light Bow, stolen from the Princess herself, as well as her Rapier. She is hopeless. We will manipulate her yet. Not even Link can stop us. ALL HAIL LORD GANONDORF!!!

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice
This is a good place to start my legacy on Smash Boards
Army Name: Unired Kakarikan Empire
Day 0
Primary Base: Kakariko Village
Acquired Bases: None

Troops:
500 United Kakarikan Spearmen
500 United Kakarikan Bowman
500 Mounted Kakarikan Spearmen

Recruitment:
100 United Kakarikan Bowman

Supplies:
Bombs (Mass Produced)
Hylian Shield (Schematics)
Hawkeye (Schematics)
The Eagle Scope (Schematics)
Zora Armor (Schematics)
Red Potion (Mass Produced)
-My Friend Malo owns this shop in Castle Town, and he distributes it. Aka I have it-
Water Bombs (x200)
Arrows (x200)
Blue Potion (x200)
Bomblings (x200)

Projects:
Mass Produce Hylian Shield [0/6]
Raise the Zoras from their graves [0/??]

Completed Projects:

Log:
Your lord has joined the fray
Hail your lord.

_

Letter to the Lord of Castle Town

I convinced my Shop owner Malo to shut down the shop in Castle Town

You must Trade to get the following items listed above in my schematics

Love you to <3
-Your Kakarikan Lord Kaz

Out of Character

So I should totally cut off all ties to Castle town and take my ****

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yes this is the right forum. Looks interesting, I'll be watching. I'm guessing the two of you know each other?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Yes this is the right forum. Looks interesting, I'll be watching. I'm guessing the two of you know each other?
Whew, good. Yeah, we've participated in a couple in other forums, so I decided to bring it here. It's pretty fun.

@Kaz
You needs to edit your Name and base, lol.

Letter to Kaz

Bah! You believe we receive shipments from YOU? Kakariko truly is a poorly run, oversized playhouse. WE are the one's who ship supplies to you. We receive our supplies from other places... Do not play games with me, Kakarikan. Do you truly think I'd fall for a rediculous lie like that?
Do not wander on Ganondorf's bad side.

Now that that is over, a trade, I assume, would be in order. A Hawkeye attachment. I demand it. Name your price, and I'll ask Lord Ganondorf if we may trade it.

-Lord Ganon's First in Command

I'd also like to note that Kaz DOES NOT have access to Magic Armor. Even though it's sold in a shop run by Malo, it's not in Kakariko; it can only be found in Hyrule Castle Town. If he wants, I might trade, but otherwise, he has no access to it. He SHOULD have taken the stuff first, before closing connections. And the shop is still up; I doubt he'd say no to an army of Aeralfos and Dinolfos. So yeah. Bad move, Malo. Yeah I'm totally Mass Producing that after the Light Bow.

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice
FB, I'll let the Magic Armor slide, but I get 200 of other items that were taken out. You get schematics of those too. That's my compromise
I also plan to help the people new to this game, aka, I have to be against you on this one sorry bro

Back in Character:

Letter to the 'First in command' if that is what you truly are.

Your poor insults are saddening
I hope you can come up with something... BETTER. Infact some people act stupid but you ABUSE the privilege . Hawkeye attachment. Well due to your arrogance I'll have to make this high.
Mass produce Magic Armor and light bow schematics as well as you recreating the bridge to Hyrule field as a project. I'm glad the horses can jump across.

-Leader of Kakariko, Kazica Corazerus

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Letter to Kazica

PAHAHAHAHAHA! You TRULY believe I'd toss aside some of Hyrule's greatest treasures for a mere attachment? Denied. I'll set my offer at Blade Traps and nothing more. Your lucky I have not filed you as an enemy to the Twilight Invasion yet. Know your place.

-Lord Ganondorf's First in Command

Out of character:
Lol, horses cant jump over. The gap is effing huge, this aint Ocarina of Time, lol.

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice
Out of character: Simple, I use a messenger pidgin

Letter to the 'First in command'

Denied boiiiiiii

Go suck a deku nut (IF YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS).So like, don't mess with me. Don't end up like your ancestors in Kakariko Ages ago. Many many ages. Remember when you're ancestor Fastblade had lost his base at lake Hylia, then Roflstomped at Kakariko? Your ancestors have caused enough damage to the town as Is. Look at its condition. I've taken the liberty to bring it back on its feet. But what do you do? You hide in your filthy castle. You are the one who should learn your place. Not I.

-Kazica
OoC:
(I also wrote the magic armor schematics on the way out taking out all the crap of te shop teehee)

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
As the creator, I call bs on that. No schems, as Malo NEVER had it in Kakariko.

Letter to Kazica

Your arrogance shalt be your downfall.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I think it would be awesome to be a part of this:
Army Name:Sages Dominion
Day 0
Primary Base:Temple Of Time
Acquired Bases:None

Acquired Troops:
300-Armos
300-Stone Soldiers that are controlled using Dominion Rod
300-Dominion Rod users
300-Hylian Swordmans
300-Hylian Archers

Total:1500

Recruitment:
50-Baby Gohma's
50-Tiny statues

Total:100

Supplies:
Dominion Rod (Mass produced)
Ordon Shield (Mass Produced)
Master Sword (schematics)
Arrows (Mass Produced)
Hammer (schematics)
Bombs (Mass Produced)
Bomblings (Schematics)
Red Potions (Mass Produced)
Clawshot (schematics)

Projects:
Recruit Resistance (Ashei as the war Hero unit) (1/4)
Start mass producing master sword (1/6)

Log: I, the sage, Rauru protect the Master Sword in it's rightful place the Temple Of Time, I shall soon bring this land back to prosperity.
Letter To Kakariko Village- Mind if we trade, I'll give you some Diminion Rods for some Hylian Shields.We could start a alliance.

Sicerely,
Rauru the Sage.

Man this was a pain to create.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Thanks for playing, but only Ordon Village can recruit Link, as we first see him there.
And you will have mass produce items one by one. Example:
Dark Nuts always have their swords, already produced.
Bombs, however, along with arrows and potions, need to be MP'd.

Aside from that, seems good.

Oh, and the Hero's Bow is for the Eldin Volcano.

Letter to Rauru, Scum of Light

We've been watching. We demand the Dominion Rod schematics in exchange for our Blade Traps. Refuse, and you will end up like the pest in Kakariko.

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice
Copy & Paste lol

Letter to the Templar of Time

I'd like to have a, Peace Treaty, or a Military Alliance.
And I'd also like to trade my Water Bombs Schematics for the Dominion Rod Schematics

-Kazica

Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot. I'd like to Trade the Hawkeye Schematics for a Bow, any bow schematics.

-Kazica

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Thanks for playing, but only Ordon Village can recruit Link, as we first see him there.
And you will have mass produce items one by one. Example:
Dark Nuts always have their swords, already produced.
Bombs, however, along with arrows and potions, need to be MP'd.

Aside from that, seems good.

Oh, and the Hero's Bow is for the Eldin Volcano.

Letter to Rauru, Scum of Light

We've been watching. We demand the Dominion Rod schematics in exchange for our Blade Traps. Refuse, and you will end up like the pest in Kakariko.
Oh, then who would be my Hero character, maybe Sheik because of OoT

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Copy & Paste lol

I'd like to have a, Peace Treaty, or a Military Alliance.
And I'd also like to trade my Water Bombs Schematics for the Dominion Rod Schematics

-Kazica

Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot. I'd like to Trade the Hawkeye Schematics for a Bow, any bow schematics.

-Kazica
How about Hylian Shield schematics and it's a deal.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I was thinking that, but it just doesn't feel right since Armogohma pretty much infested the place, can I please use sheik even though she wasn't in TP, but was planned to be. Plus since you have Hyrule Castle Town, you could either have Zelda or Ganondorf, since you chose the Gerudo King, it makes sense for her to be a leader someplace else.

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice

You got yourself a deal. Along with this letter are the schematics for the Hylian Shield. I'll await the Rod Schematics :3.

-Kazica

ATTACHMENTS:
--Hylian Shield Schematics

ANSWER FB

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

You got yourself a deal. Along with this letter are the schematics for the Hylian Shield. I'll await the Rod Schematics :3.

-Kazica

ATTACHMENTS:
--Hylian Shield Schematics

ANSWER FB
They are being delivered asap. Thank you for the deal, may your village prosper.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I was thinking that, but it just doesn't feel right since Armogohma pretty much infested the place, can I please use sheik even though she wasn't in TP, but was planned to be. Plus since you have Hyrule Castle Town, you could either have Zelda or Ganondorf, since you chose the Gerudo King, it makes sense for her to be a leader someplace else.
Yeah, but that's how these things work. For whatever reason, bosses help your cause. It doesn't make sense, but that's Land Wars for ya.

So sorry, no Sheik. Just a giant OP spider.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
If you want, sure. If not, Kaz and I already have something planned out

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also, one question, if someone has the Hidden Village as their base who would be the hero unit. if it's Impaz then i'll laugh.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Hidden Village gets Darbus the Goron. Eld in Volcano (Gordon Mines) get Fyrus. Even though they are the same person.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also, Fastblade, can you edit the main post so that next to Temple of Time, it's says my username like yours and Kazoto

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
sounds fun couple of questions

-am I allowed to recruit any mini-boss/boss I want or do they have to be from the same area I'm from

-what are the jobs/classes example goron "archer"

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

-am I allowed to recruit any mini-boss/boss I want or do they have to be from the same area I'm from

For your 1st question it has to be in same area, so for temples it corresponds with bosses except for Forest which can choose Link as hero. Mini-bosses are actually troops you can own if it corresponds to that area.
The second question I don't know so wait for fastblade.If you need help with anything else ask anyone else a part of this. To start use this template:

Army Name:
Day 0
Primary Base:
Acquired Bases: none

Troops:

Recruitment:

Supplies:

Projects:

Completed Projects:

Log:

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice

Goron Archer
would be a goron archer.....

But it would take several projects to do.
Such as:
MP Bow
Recruit Gorons (If not in natural location but like a random mountain i guess)
teach gorons to use bow.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
@Lobo

1.No, only from your area. Ex. I have ordon Village. I can recruit Link, but not Zant.
2.Gorons, as well as humans and Zoras, as well as every troop unit available can be anything you want them to be, so long as you train them to be such a thing. Ex: Basic, untrained Gorons attack by punching, until you train them to use weapons. However, if the unit already has a weapon (Like a DarkNut) they don't need to be trained.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Letter to Kazica

You naive fool. You do realize that we only have the Light Bow, correct? I'd give the Royal Rapier away before I give away such a deadly weapon.

I'll send you the schematics for the Bow, a replica of the Light Bow. The only difference is size and compatability. Whereas the Light Bow can use Light Arrows but not Bomb Arrows, the Replica is the opposite. Enjoy.

Top Bottom