• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HUGE R.O.B. Problems

MasterKoga

Smash Cadet
Obviously, I'm having problems with ROBs. They outrange my fast ground attacks, I can't wait for them to approach me because of the ****ed gyro, and I can't do tricky ledge stuff because of broken up-b and a fair spike! The most I can ever do is get lucky with some nairs or such. I really need to know...

-best angles to approach
-best moves to use
-best ways to edgeguard

that is all.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Hitting the Gyro with your fsmash makes it "yours," as in, R.O.B. takes damage if he walks into it. This applies even when it's spinning there on the ground. I hear Lucas's jab outdoes the dsmash, as well.

(DISCLAIMER: The following is 100% theorycraft.)

I can't imagine PK Thunder having too much trouble getting to R.O.B. as long as you aim at where he will be, as opposed to where he is. You can always curve it down if he stops his jets to avoid it. Other than that, R.O.B.'s a fairly large target, so dair should be able to land a few good hits, and PK Fire will have an easier time hitting its mark.

R.O.B. can't do much to anyone below him other than dair afaik, which is pretty laggy and stalls him in midair, so capitalize on that, I guess.

Top Bottom