• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would you like your most hoped for newcomer to be revealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I'm talking about how Megaman was revealed with the video of him doing his shibang and showing off his weapons, how Villager got a letter in the mailbox, and how the three characters were doing the yoga pose for WFT's reveal.
Something like that, but for whichever character you want most.
You can decide on things like music or stage they get showed off on and all that.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
This is what I have in mind for Little Mac. I'm working on something for Lucina.

Mario would be about to fight Donkey Kong. Donkey Kong winds up for a punch, but Mario appears take a step back and gesture not to fight. Donkey Kong looks puzzled. Mario strips off his overalls, revealing his referee gear. Little Mac's gloves are revealed, the punch-out ring theme starts playing, and then we get the full shot of Little Mac. We get our Little Mac reveal title: "Little Mac is ready to rumble!"

They dash toward each other, and then we get a bunch of short videos showing of Little Mac's moves against other characters. It shows him collecting stars, only to lose them with a punch from DK in the ring stage. Little Mac gets knocked down in the FMV video as well. Mario starts counting out Little Mac, as he slowly rises. Doc Louis is cheering him on while eating a chocolate bar nervously. He makes it up by 8. He gets one star from DK with a quick sneak punch. DK backs off and goes for a double axe handle hit and Little Mac hits a Star Punch. DK is knocked out and rolls around (like in Punch Outt!! Wii). Mario declares a TKO. Mario raise Little Mac's Hand. The camera pans in on Little Mac, and the music starts to change to the Smash 4 theme. Little Mac punches the screen (like the transitions in the Wii game). The glass breaks and the real Super Smash Bros 4 logo is revealed.

Stage: Boxing RIng
Music: Punch Out!! Main Theme
SSB4 Main Theme

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu walk into and arcade and start playing some old Nintendo games. Suddenly an arcade cabinet starts glowing and explodes. Standing over the remains of the machine is a large yellow spherical being.

PAC-MAN EATS THE COMPETITION!

The trailer then cuts to gameplay of Pac-Man fighting the cast of Smash Bros and ending with him eating the infamous Power Pellet and chasing Boo Mario in the maze.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Lloyd Irving:

Smash takes a detour through Sylvarant.

Stuff happens.

Lloyd Irving fights for his ideals!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Palutena

Normal Match on Kid Icarus Stage while sprites from uprising are over it

Palutena: What have you got yourself into this time Pit?
Pit: It's Super Smash Bros. You know that all-star Nintendo bash?
Palutena: Wait... If it's all-star why haven't I got an invitation?
Pit: (stammers) Uh... Maybe it's under the pile of bills on your coffee table.
Palutena: I'll check.
Pit: Phew!
(Back to fight)
Palutena: HEY PIT!
(Palutena descends on a beam of light)
Pit: WHAAAAA-
Palutena: I found it!
[TITLE: PALUTENA DESCENDS FROM HIGH]
And then gameplay footage.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Peach, Link, and Kirby are fighting in a lush green area, Kirby gets knocked away and rolls a small way. He rights himself shakes it off and and rubs his head when the bush behind him starts to rustle. He turns to look at it when out pops a small blue creature.

Slime
Draws Near

[first few bars of Dragon Quest 1 battle theme]

[Dragon Quest 4 battle theme follows]

He continues to go through a few of his basic moves, rocketing into Kirby, catching one of Peaches turnips and stacking it on his head and ducking into a
bubble slime under Links boomerang. The three then start to take him seriously, look between each other and decide to attack as one.

[Dragon Quest 5 boss battle theme]

Peach floats forwards with her dress.
Slime looks worried.

Kirby runs forwards hands behind his back.
Slime looks determined.

Link notches an arrows ready to attack.
Slime smiles.

It then pans out from slime to show two other slime standing next to him with a text box underneath saying 'Slime called for backup!'

[Dragon Quest Overture]

The trailer proceeds to show three slimes wrecking the others in game, as well as the slime stack, and popping people on his back for his grabs and throws. Slime then proceeds to finishing each of the other characters off.

Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U
(just in time for the last few bars)

[Blue Skies, Blue Slime]

Then the trailer returns to pre-rendered CG, in the nice peaceful and slime bounces along the ground, when he comes across a green box with an exclamation mark on it, he looks at it quizzically, and the screen fades to black.

THE END

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
For Pac-Man:

Mario and Megaman are fighting in a CGI cutscene, and Sonic runs onscreen and joins him, too. The scene begins to focus on Sonic (who has a slightly changed moveset) before the beginning theme of Pac-Man starts and he joins as well.

That's the basic gist; I would want that for E3 along with another trailer revealing one, two, or three more (Ridley/K. Rool/Mewtwo in a sort of "Badguy" trailer? ...if Mewtwo even counts as a bad guy)

Disclaimer: I know that this will likely never happen, but...it's my ideal situation.
Disclaimer 2: I know that this isn't very long or well-written, but I'm not in a writing mood.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Okay, already done one, but this time my favorite 1st party newcomer(s). This one I'm not going to music because there are so many good tracks to choose from.

Full CG Ike and Marth are fighting away clashing swords and such like in the inside part of castle siege, when the camera rotates around them, and suddenly the grand doors which are normally out of shot in battle slam open revealing a shadow of a figure who draws a sword and rushes into the fray.

Chrom
Will not Falter?

In game Chrom swings his sword doing fairly standard attacks against the veteran lords doing some damage but the two of them quickly swat him away.

CG Chrom lands in a bad way and pushes to lift himself up when a hand appears in front of the camera.

CG Chrom rushes again, this time against Marth who counters and readies to release the attack back... but he doesn't get the chance. Lucina whips past her farther and delivers a quick upwards slash knocking Marth backwards.

Lucina
Challenges her fate?

Some in game scenes of them both fighting together as an ice-climbers-esque dual team, slashing away against the other two, using dual moves and generally being awesome.

Eventually the scene goes CG pulling in close to the two of them together:

Chrom and Lucina
Seize the Chance

The two then stand back to back as Marth and Ike charge, they both then counter-block their respective attacker with a dual guard and proceed to spin past each other hitting the one attacking the other character with the counter-attack; sending them both flying.

Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

Speculator

Smash Ace
The most important aspect of a really cool reveal trailer for me is the use of music. Mega Man's trailer was spot on. The trailers for Punch-Out Wii felt great with the new version of the classic boxing theme, so I think that will go down well if he's included.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
This is what I have in mind for Little Mac. I'm working on something for Lucina.

Mario would be about to fight Donkey Kong. Donkey Kong winds up for a punch, but Mario appears take a step back and gesture not to fight. Donkey Kong looks puzzled. Mario strips off his overalls, revealing his referee gear. Little Mac's gloves are revealed, the punch-out ring theme starts playing, and then we get the full shot of Little Mac. We get our Little Mac reveal title: "Little Mac is ready to rumble!"

They dash toward each other, and then we get a bunch of short videos showing of Little Mac's moves against other characters. It shows him collecting stars, only to lose them with a punch from DK in the ring stage. Little Mac gets knocked down in the FMV video as well. Mario starts counting out Little Mac, as he slowly rises. Doc Louis is cheering him on while eating a chocolate bar nervously. He makes it up by 8. He gets one star from DK with a quick sneak punch. DK backs off and goes for a double axe handle hit and Little Mac hits a Star Punch. DK is knocked out and rolls around (like in Punch Outt!! Wii). Mario declares a TKO. Mario raise Little Mac's Hand. The camera pans in on Little Mac, and the music starts to change to the Smash 4 theme. Little Mac punches the screen (like the transitions in the Wii game). The glass breaks and the real Super Smash Bros 4 logo is revealed.

Stage: Boxing RIng
Music: Punch Out!! Main Theme
SSB4 Main Theme
This... this is perfect :O

Hmm. My most wanted newcomer is Paper Mario, but I just can't come up with any ideas for a reveal trailer that would do him justice...

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I need to illustrate the locations. First, the bar:

Imagine this soundtrack in the bar scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTBugKR7rvo
Dillon would be in the bar and order a drink like this:

He's drinking his drink and then someone is entering the bar. The music stops. It's Link. As Link has a sword in his hand and moves into the bar, Dillon looks at Link and Russ(this guy) says they shouldn't battle in the bar.

Now comes the most interesting part. Both move out of the bar and they will have a nearly western like duel. The camera shows this scene with Dillon and Link from exactly the same angle.

While they are facing each other, imagine this music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddZdMh729U4

At the faster part of the song, the camera moves to a sideview so you have the typical Smash Bros perspective. Then, they show a Smash Bros fight on this Dillon's Rolling Western stage where Link and Dillon are fighting.
This scene is followed by many battle scenes showing a few of Dillon's moves. At the end of the video you would see as Dillon picks up his hat and his pose would be like this:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Awesome Dillon Post
I think they should hide who it is that comes into the bar in shadow and camera position or something so we don't know it's smash straight away. And I'd prefer one of the space animals to Link, but otherwise that sounds great. But what about the tagline?

I've always thought:

Dillon

Rolls in

But it seems a bit cliche to me.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Ridley mash up with starfox in space i dunno you think its another starfox char but its Ridley chasing fox in airwing in space.

Then Ridley shoots s fireball and kills him :)

Something like da.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The Dillon idea sounds awesome as ****, just finished Last Ranger last night.

Ridley:
A small slideshow of those boring, bland Samus pictures Sakurai tends to show goes on-screen with some boring Nintendo Direct-ish music, the screen is suddenly slashed from the back and Ridley bursts from the background like in this attack...

Then we would make his entrance into the Pyrosphere stage in a fight againist Samus, flying off from the air and then stomping on the stage before the scene switches to CGI again, showing a heated battle between Ridley and Samus where he's slowly gaining the upper hand, eventually doing the classic "Grab Samus and grind her into the wall" and proceeding to throw her into the stage, preparing to lunge at her, with the picture freezing as he's lunging with his mouth open, and a catchline appears to his side "Ridley's Tired of Waiting!" then the Super Smash Bros. Logo appears and Ridley grabs it from the middle and splits it apart into 3DS and Wii U, the jingle playing, and then "2014" appearing on the screen.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Sora (Chain of Memories version, even though it is highly unlikely):

Scene starts with Mario getting teamed up on by Bowser & DK and he's backed into a corner when suddenly, a card is thrown in front of the two and Donald pops out and blasts DK with fire. Another card is thrown in front of Bowser, Goofy pops out and slams into Bowser with his shield. Sora then drops down in front of Mario, "Sora has played his cards", gameplay, the whole sh-bang.

Riku (Chain of Memories version, also unlikely, would have to be announced after Sora):

Sora running across one of the new stages, maybe like Traverse Town or something, when suddenly a keyblade is swung out in front of him and he reacts quickly with a block. A figure in a black cloak stands before him and the figure throws away his cloak to reveal Riku, "Riku's joined the battle", gameplay and other stuff.

I would scream if this happened, or if either of them made it in to the final roster.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Lucina

Should be right after a ND, after Marth and Ike are confirmed.
Then, show footage of Melee with Roy, then pan to Arena Ferox showing Ike Vs. Marth.
Then, suddenly, the two turn around, startled by a sword unsheathing.
Lucina makes a pose, then proceeds to kick ass. At the end, Sakurai states that Roy will be $5 DLC as a costume of Marth.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
One for Ballon Fighter:

Ice Climbers and R.O.B. are fighting in some place, the battle is pretty intense. Ice Climber music is playing. R.O.B. launches Ice Climbers far away with a laser. Popo and Nana get back up really tired. Then some guy seems to pass by. The only thing that's shown passing is a shadow of someone with ballons on his back. Ice Climbers and R.O.B. restart the fight, with Ice Climber music playing again. Suddenly, the music changes to the Ballon Trip music. The camera focuses on Ballon Fighter, who is flying really high, and the reveal title says "Ballon Fighter joins the retro team!". Then ballon Fighter starts to fight with Ice Climbers and R.O.B. and it switches to gameplay footage. At the end, the logo of the games are shown.

D

Deleted member

A man in a top hat is shown driving a car, while reading over a letter in a hand-drawn style scene, with the SSB logo in the bottom corner, with a boy looking at the letter as well, asking him what it is. The man chuckles, and tells him "Luke, my boy, it's something bigger than you'd ever imagine..."

The scene then cuts to a CGI scene in the boxing stage with Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu duking it out, before the man walks inside, still in the handrawn style, and they turn to him in fighting stances. The man proceeds to pull out a sword and become CGI, the background changing to orange, and a catch-line appears next to him saying "Professor Layton Solves the Puzzle!" (Or something less stupid), and gameplay of him is shown, with Puzzle Battle playing in the background, before it cuts back to CGI, where someone calls out and Luke jumps down next to him, becoming CGI as well; gameplay of them as an IC style duo is then shown (maybe with Luke's theme playing in the background), before Layton smiles as the Laytonmobile drives up to the two and they get in, and it enters it's flying form, the video stopping as he flys towards Mario, Kirby, Link and Pikachu, with each one running away, before it cuts to the logo, and Layton doing his "Correct!" animation from Miracle Mask, and the logo splitting into two following it, with "2014" appearing before the trailer comes to a close.

Alternatively;

Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby are all on a St Mystere stage, trying to solve a sliding puzzle. Someone then taps them on the shoulder and offers to help, and solves it...before performing his "Correct!" animation and sending them flying, with it then fading to the orange background with the catch-line "Professor Layton Solves the Puzzle!" appearing. Gameplay of Layton is then shown on that stage, before it cuts back to CGI, with Luke running up to the professor and offering a hand. Layton smiles and nods, the trailer cutting to gameplay showing them as an IC style duo, before the professor stops fighting, cutting back to the CGI, with Layton and Luke getting in the Laytonmobile and using the flying form, flying towards the group, who are running away, the trailer freezing. It then cuts to the logo, and Layton doing his "Correct!" animation from Miracle Mask, and the logo splitting into two following it, with "2014" appearing before the trailer comes to a close.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
mario is fighting in tournament

when sudden he win

when he win crowd cheer and clap

however crowd turn clap into metronome

and then sudden rhythm tengoku theme play

and sudden; rhythm girl tunes Iin

And then maybe two people are excited for her reveal.

Groose

Smash Champion
The trailer starts off as gamplay of a new jungle stage. A remix of this music is playing:

Donkey Kong is sparring with his little buddy Diddy, who is confirmed as playable. The two are exchanging blow for blow, but their match is interrupted by a loud yell. The scene switches to CGI as they dash towards the Banana Hoard.

When they arrive at the scene... the music changes to this:

King K. Rool is shown pillaging the Banana Hoard. The message? King K. Rool Krashes the Party!

DK charges at him, but K. Rool counters by throwing his crown. Diddy shoots some peanuts, but K Rool pulls out a blunderbuss and counters the blow. He then tries to escape with his helipack, but Diddy chases after him with his own jetpack and shoots him down. The scene switches to some awesome 2 vs. 1 action in regular gameplay.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
was hoping this thread wasn't going to die so easily, its probably my most favorite thread since the DDoS

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
((Whoops! Sorry, didn't mean to help necro this. Ignore this post))

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well mewtwo will probably get a special case so hes what i got

Its starts in the sameplace where megaman was revealed in the mountains area while they are fighting megaman they sudden see figure apear in a foggy area on the top of another mountain we zoom in on it then a shadow ball flys out toward all of them they all dodge the attack then a few momments later after they look again the mysterious figure clears the fog its Mewtwo

And the screen will probably be something like Mewtwo back for revenge

On the first gameplay part they show a few of the moves from melee that stayed

Then they show mewtwo again but this time he uses one of the new moves in the next part of the trailer either blocking them reflecting an attack or using psycho cut

Then the second game play they show some of his new moves

And now the third part of reveal he smashs the smash ball then transforms to either mega mewtwo form

Then they show a quick gameplay of either or both mega forms

And then they so smash smash brothers total

Thats the best idea i have if mewtwo gets a trailer

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Kamek

Adult mario is riding through some yoshi's island-esc plains area on yoshi, when kamek's trademark spell comes out and knocks mario off yoshi. a remix of his theme
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEP3rdTy0-o )

starts to play, then the message Kamek kidnaps to victory (or something less cheesy) appears. thats when mario starts to get up but yoshi signals him to get back. then there's a breif showing of gameplay, with kamek getting a cgi-animated victory, and then it fades to the logo(s)

Hong

The Strongest
No, no.

Today's hint would lead to a "much anticipated character reveal", with a trailer at the end of the week. The trailer starts with the camera highlighting the background of Pyrosphere, and Ridley's theme would begin to play. The camera has many takes of the stage environment and the music picks up until Ridley's head can be seen... before the head falls to the ground, revealing it to be severed. The camera pans up to a gloved hand, before revealing.

CHROM CUTS IN
Sakurai: (Laughs)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mewtwo Reveal

Mario and Pikachu fight in a cave environment
Suddenly rocks start floating and the two stop
Then a hole is blasted in the wall and Mewtwo appears.
MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The trailer opens with "Challenger Approaching!" in similar fashion to the Mega Man trailer. The little alarm fades out and the camera pans downwards, going from the black background to the top of the Pyrosphere stage. We cut right to the action as we see Samus, DK and Link duke it out on the stage. Suddenly they stop as they hear sounds coming from the gaping hole in the wall. Before long a shadow quickly flies right past them, knocking over Link and DK, where as Samus had reflexes enough to morph ball away. As DK and Link get up the shadow flies to the side of the room, covering the ever flowing lava. The figure lands on the platform and spreads his big wings, as the flowing lava's light reveals the figure to be none other than the already obvious Ridley along with some cheesy catchphrase. Ridley charges on ahead towards the group that was previously fighting while his theme from Other M begins. It fades to gameplay of Ridley in action on various stages, showing him stabbing with his tail, breathing fireballs, scratching, biting, gliding, you get the idea. After the gameplay Link and DK lay pretty wasted on the ground, while Samus and Ridley are still struggling against each other. Samus begins charging her charge beam, while Ridley begins charging a fireball of his own. The two balls collide as the background fades to black, the charge beam dispersing into the blue fire in the SSBU logo and Ridley's fireball disperses into the red fire in the SSB3DS logo, ending the cinematic.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Mewtwo
Pikachu, Link, and Villager are fighting in space (the place that Kirby was seen in using his hammer in a daily picture) then all of a sudden they all stop and float up with a purple glow around them then Mewtwo teleports into the center of the stage with his eyes closed and after a few seconds he opens his eyes and the camera zooms in. Mewtwo Strikes Back! Then it shows a bunch of gameplay with him beating characters up mercilessly and proceeding to break a smash ball. Then it goes back to the space level and all the characters are down then he transforms into MegaMewtwo Y and blasts them all away

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Eh, might as well.

Bright sunlight fades to reveal an overgrown ruins temple as the ring of swords clashing is heard. The camera cuts between a serene view of the setting and a noisy, dark, intense battle between Link and a Darknut indoors. After a few moments a wall of the ruins is burst and the Darknut thrown out into the sunlight, grunting in pain. Link jumps from the hole into the courtyard, flourishing his sword with subtle triumphant music in the background. Not wasting any time, Link walks forward to finish it off with a thrust. An instant before the point connects with the dazed Darknut, however, two white fingers glowing with red energy catch the sword, holding it in place. The camera quickly slides down the arm as metal kicks in, settling on Ghirahim's smirk. The background changes to purple and the name Ghirahim appears at an angle, with "is sick with anger!" just below it. He then shoves the blades away, snaps, and summons his own. The crowd is awed!

The dramatic metal music continues. The screen cuts to gameplay footage, with Ghirahim creating and then firing several blade projectiles at Samus on the Punch Out ring stage. Another cut to Battlefield with him roll-dodging to avoid Kirby's suction attack, then grabbing him and throwing him backward nonchalantly. A sudden closeup of Ghirahim taunting creepily! Lastly, the camera cuts to skyloft, with Link grabbing a Smash Ball and trying to use his final smash on Ghirahim, only for him to diamond-teleport away. The trailer switches back to CGI, with Link looking confused as Ghirahim appears behind him and charges, taking the smash ball for his own. He turns into the giant sword Ghirahim, and a huge, shadowy figure in the background pluck the sword and raises it skyward, where a lightening bolt strikes it and illuminates the face of Demise!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Peach pulls Toad out per usual. Toad wiggles out and gets away from Peach. Toad confirmed! Peach's refreshed moveset confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom