• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to use F-Air?

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
I've notice I don't use F-Air very much, however I know that it's a pretty decent move. I believe this is because of my knowledge of the attack - I don't really know how to get guaranteed setups with it and also chaining it into combos. I'm also aware that it's a kill move, but again somewhat guaranteed setups. I'd appreciate some advice on this move as I think it would assist me in a lot of match-ups, especially situationally.

Last edited:

Craftinrock

Smash Rookie
I like f-airing when I have to close out someone that's ~100% but when I use it I mostly use it in a shffl. It sucks because unless you hit that sweet spot, they're not going anywhere. If they're a lower percentage I like to chain a f-air shffl with a n-air to bring them down, and then a shine to throw them back up again and start combo-ing.

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
I like f-airing when I have to close out someone that's ~100% but when I use it I mostly use it in a shffl. It sucks because unless you hit that sweet spot, they're not going anywhere. If they're a lower percentage I like to chain a f-air shffl with a n-air to bring them down, and then a shine to throw them back up again and start combo-ing.
I know you can chain weak fairs I will have to test that out.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Weak fair is godly. You can get weak fair into weak fair into strong fair on fast fallers (only on fast fallers).

Strong fair is nice too. It autocancels like in Brawl so its possible for it to be used in shield pressure. Say landing nair shine fadeaway autocancel fair, maybe throw in a few DDs to further wear out the opponent's shield and then go for a grab or DACUS or something like that.

QuincyJones

Smash Rookie
I use auto-cancel fair a lot to bait things out. And like said above I use weak fair as a combo continuer on fastfallers and sweetspot as a combo finisher. Also fade back fair out of shield is a pretty good defensive option if timed correctly.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
fair is usually the bane of floaties. its easiest set up is out of dair, but can also be used out of grabs, off dtilt, and after shine. it can also combo ffers, and its autocancel usage during a short hop is great for cross ups.

Top Bottom