• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to make Peach fast

Angry Scot

Smash Rookie
I've heard that wavedashing has alot to do with improving Peach's speed, but I'm still trying to become adjusted to moving on the stage with her. I know she has a lot of priority with her attacks, but I'm more concerned with moving around on the stage instead of the speed her attacks come out. Any tips on making Peach fast on the battlefield?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
While Peaches wavedash does not do much, it can help speed her up a lil. And dashdance as well. That can throw off your ememy and all. You can also work on your L-cancels or just float cancel for that matter. With all of this, Peach should be faster than the way you use her now

Angry Scot

Smash Rookie
While Peaches wavedash does not do much, it can help speed her up a lil. And dashdance as well. That can throw off your ememy and all. You can also work on your L-cancels or just float cancel for that matter. With all of this, Peach should be faster than the way you use her now
I see. I'm just blown away by players like Hella and Ryoko that seem to keep up with the space animals and other fast characters. I guess I could work on dashdancing, because I have her L-cancel and float cancel down. Appreciate it!

Angry Scot

Smash Rookie
you should also learn how to djc its pretty useful and speeds up your arials by a lot.
That's a Double Jump Cancel right? So basically I hit X/Y twice to pull out an aerial? I forgot if it's shorter than a SH or not.

peachori

Smash Journeyman
yeah, its djc aerials are noticeably shorter than SH. just make you sure you L-cancel it.
float and L cancelling should noticeably improve your peach's speed
i tend to consider dashdancing and wd more for spacing and being unpredictable; they wont physically speed up your attacks but they definitely give the impression of playing at a faster tempo (but keep in mind that they are situational, you've gotta learn when and where to use them to be effective)

Angry Scot

Smash Rookie
yeah, its djc aerials are noticeably shorter than SH. just make you sure you L-cancel it.
float and L cancelling should noticeably improve your peach's speed
i tend to consider dashdancing and wd more for spacing and being unpredictable; they wont physically speed up your attacks but they definitely give the impression of playing at a faster tempo (but keep in mind that they are situational, you've gotta learn when and where to use them to be effective)
That's what I use WDing and DDing for. Her WD doesn't give enough space to avoid most attacks (especially Marth, which is who I play against most of the time). But I'll definitely dedicate more time to DJCing and getting her L-Canceling down to an art. Appreciate it!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I like using the control stick plus x. It's easier for me to space the aireal that way.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I also think Ikki and myself have a grasp of the speedy peach idea. But I don't have any recent vids. Yet.

darkatma

Smash Hero
meh

Mike G is a beast.

Both me and my friend prefer mikael's simple, effective, and devastating peach style though. he's not the fastest peach, but he seems to be hella successful in Japan.

And groundfloated FCed fairs looks ugly, even though ryoko and others can do them so quickly (they still look ugly, why not the bair :p)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
the bear claw is amazing

especially if you get that swipe that hits behind you and kill someone

lawlz

Mikael is really boring to watch. I really like Ikki and Vidjo

Top Bottom