• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with megaman gimmicks?

KoeBigS8

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3153-6012-6209
So, I really can't find a counter right now to the campy dtilt and neutral a megaman just waiting for the timeout. Any counter play to this right now? It's really hard for me to deal with gimmicks and this one seems pretty effective out of everything else so far.

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
I don't know if I'd call it a gimmick, it sounds like you just have a hard time getting in. What character(s) do you play? There are some that have a lot harder of a time getting in than others. For instance ganondorf's approach options against us are pretty limited. Generally though, it comes down to dash shielding or an aerial approach. It helps if you have your own projectiles.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
In most of the games I play, I tend to lose pretty hard to getting hit by things. Try hitting him with things.

In reality though, d-tilt is begging for shield grab, and a triple lemon is punishable on hit unless they're doing cool things like short hopping the last one or ending the string early to mix up. Go for a dash grab or some other fast attack.

Top Bottom