• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal against tornado?

Hb2

Smash Cadet
Simple question. I attend tournaments in Chile almost every weekend and I'm getting tired of losing over and over again versus MK. I've learnt how to deal with almost all movements of that stupid bat, but I can't seem to find a way to counter tornado spam. Any tips? General MU tips against MK are also welcome. :)

| Big D |

Smash Master
be more efficient with shield use so you don't get poked (powershielding, rolling/spotdodging when applicable), observe his nado patterns (does he drift away and come back, does he upb or roll after landing, etc), and get better at whislting the last hit of nado.

The_SuperiorTaste

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperiorTaste
3DS FC
0834-2018-7252
be more efficient with shield use so you don't get poked (powershielding, rolling/spotdodging when applicable), observe his nado patterns (does he drift away and come back, does he upb or roll after landing, etc), and get better at whislting the last hit of nado.
^This.

I'd also suggest practicing SDI'ing followed up to a Nair. Nair is one of the few moves that can go through Nado. and if the MK player is approaching with Nado Reverse UpB works well, too.

The Abusive Botanist

Smash Rookie
Nair is a really good defensive option that sometimes outprioritizes him. Side-B is not the best move for the matchup on most occasions, as Meta Knight can gobble your Pikmin up like it's Thanksgiving day. I suggest sticking to grabs, fsmashes, and Purple side-b. A great way to deal massive damage against a light target is white side-b plus grab and pummel. Remember that MK has an awful mid range game.

Top Bottom