• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much L-Canceling does Jiggz require?

Orsa

Smash Rookie
With the WoP, it seems like very little. I've heard different sides, so I would like to know the popular opinion.

Orsa

Smash Rookie
k, thanks. I was having trouble with it, and since Puff is my only character as of now, I was just wondering.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
For aerial WoPs, obviously, you don't need to l-cancel because you never hit the ground, but on grounded WoPs I'm pretty sure it's important.

I'm going to have to agree with the other people in this thread: There's absolutely no reason not to do it. If you mess up a WoP and you weren't l-canceling, maybe you won't be able to get your shield out fast enough to stop that fsmash.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I actually am a huge WoP player but I find myself using Nair and Dair often to get damage up and also fall into some Rest combos later in the game. L-Canceling is a must for Jiggly to keep up to speed.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
I agree with everyone else on this thread. L-canceling is an excellent habbit.

im2emo4myshrt

Smash Apprentice
L-canceling is extremely helpful with jiggs. I use it a lot when I am trying to combo someone but I don't have time to get a second jump, a L-cancel saves you a bunch of time especially when your landing 3 or 4 times. And as everyone else said it is an excellent habit to get into and its not that hard to learn.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Less L cancelling than most characters, because you're not hitting the ground as often. Still necessary, for those times when you do need to reach the ground again.. :) Also useful for rest combos.

Sliq

Smash Master
L-Canceling is essential for every character, even Peach. There is no point in not learning it, besides laziness. If you don't L-cancel with Jiggs, prepare to be CC into oblivion. CC into Down smash, CC into jump-canceled grab. You'll get wrecked unless you are EXTREMELY patient and have excellent spacing. And even then, you'll get predictable if you keep backing off to avoid getting CC'ed, and you'll end up getting pwnt, ggkthnxbye.

In certain instances you should'nt L-cancel, because you'll throw your shield up. For example, if you short hop, and nair immediatley, the move ends right as you hit the ground, basically auto-canceling (as long as you don't fast fall). Only l-cancel when you do a move close enough to the ground that you know there will be lag. Otherwise you may throw your shield up and get pwnt, seeing as how grabs **** Jiggs (sans Falco and lower tiers).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
L canceling makes your character faster why wouldn't use use it with everyone of her attacks, hell i even use it for pound :chuckle:

Top Bottom