• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how many of you actually have played MOTHER3?

Levitas

the moon
It's hard to not lose hope with getting the mother series in one convienient game.

Ps, Qinopio, are you anywhere near Ann Arbor? There's a copy of brawl around thats available for anyone to just come play if you haven't heard.

Yo Mang

Smash Rookie
I'm playing Mother 3 with a translation guide as it is (I'm really bad at it, though, the second chapter is already failing my face off), but I'm not sure if I'll stick with it or if I'll wait for the Fan Translation Project. Makes me wish I knew Japanese, though

Wardub

Smash Cadet
I have played the first two games. I'm waiting for the English translation, the best part about Earthbound is all the humor, I can't imagine Mother 3 being very good, well I can but it wouldn't be as awesome, if you couldn't understand the jokes. The game looks sweet though and I will be playing through it right away when the patch is finsihed. Ususally I have little to no patience so I'm kind of surprised I am able to wait for the complete version to be done than try and use the menu patch.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
I beat MOTHER 3 a while ago and I'm in the process of beating Earthbound...Sadly I am on the Lost Underworld and I don't have the motivation to finish the game because I thought MOTHER 3 was so much better. I agree with you when you say people shouldn't main characters from games they have never played, but do you think MOTHER 3 and having knowledge of the series in general is enough to be a good Lucas main? It's been bothering me.

WaffleGuyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Playing an RPG in a language you don't understand without a translation guide IS stupid, but with one it's just slightly inconvenient. However, being able to play something years ahead of when it would otherwise be playable more than makes it worth it. It's very easy to follow along to an on-screen translation.

As for Marth, I'm sure it's much more than half. I've gone through both of his games (and I own Roy's) and they're fantastic which is why I like Marth. On the other hand, I find playing as the Ice Climbers to be a lot of fun and yet I hate their game with a passion.

I wonder what has the biggest determining factor in who people main: which characters they like the best from the character's original series or which character's Smash play-style they like most. I usuall fall into the former category (like, I refuse to ever play as Ike because I found his games offensively sub-par for Fire Emblem).
For me it's kind of a mixture of both.

Qinopio

Smash Journeyman
I beat MOTHER 3 a while ago and I'm in the process of beating Earthbound...Sadly I am on the Lost Underworld and I don't have the motivation to finish the game because I thought MOTHER 3 was so much better. I agree with you when you say people shouldn't main characters from games they have never played, but do you think MOTHER 3 and having knowledge of the series in general is enough to be a good Lucas main? It's been bothering me.
You HAVE to beat Earthbound. The ending is as good as Mother3's.

Macc

Smash Rookie
I Pwn3d It!

Yeah, I've beaten Mother 3! Pretty much my favorite RPG ever. Well, Earthbound (Mother) as a series is amazing with their whole wierd modern commedy rpg thing going for it. My favorite highlight was beating Negative Man, because there's nothing quite like making an emo even more emo! Btw, emo is Japanese for potato eventhough, it would technically be written imo.

/Random, I know!

Macc out

Also, could someone please help me get the Lucas and Ness sig that moves in my sig?

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
I've played it, and it definitely was the best of the series, and I'd probably agree more if I knew what the hell they were saying. The visuals made up in this one, and past the irritating combo system, was amazing. Though Claus is better than Lucas even in Mother 3, Wess's dance moves more than make up for it :D

thefindingmoon

Smash Cadet
Hey this is off topic but im looking for a good pic of Klaus if anyone has one or can find one please pm me a good one or somethin thnx

.....tfmoon

Qinopio

Smash Journeyman
It's hard to not lose hope with getting the mother series in one convienient game.

Ps, Qinopio, are you anywhere near Ann Arbor? There's a copy of brawl around thats available for anyone to just come play if you haven't heard.
Got it myself :D I'd like to but I don't think I'll have the time to go to AA anytime soon.

Top Bottom