• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many characters do you think Smash 4 will have?

How many characters do you think Smash 4 will have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Just a simple poll. I personally think we'll see about 5 more characters being announced. However, all of them will probably be veterans (Ness, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Wario, Mr. Game & Watch).

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
The estimates I've seen are all around 47-51, which I'd say is a pretty good guess.

bilbo43

Smash Cadet
even though i dont think it would get to those numbers, I think there should have been a bigger variety of options for over 50 characters, because ive seen speculated rosters varying between 51-55 etc.
My money is on the 47-49 though

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm going out on a limb and saying 51+ simply because there will likely be more characters after the initial release.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Even without my assumption that Gematsu is probably true, I think 47 sounds like the most we'll be getting. Sounds real good to me too actually.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
mario theory says he's gonna win, and daisy is a princess, so-- :p

These are pretty big ranges; votes would be a bit more helpful in smaller amounts, especially as it's a given it has to be at least 33, and will almost guaranteed be at 40 or more (I mean- more than Brawl, we have some pretty obvious veterans alone to return, and it would be an insanely difficult argument to claim we have seen all newcomers).

Morbi

Scavenger
I usually advocate for a roster that is between 48-52, ideally, I believe that 50 is our "magic" number that is not unreasonable in either respect (too high or too low).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I personally think we will get in the 46 - 50 range, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 51+.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Before anyone comes in saying DBZBT3 numbers...

But definitely going with 51 or more. The 'more' probably wouldn't go any higher than 56 unless DLC. Each smash game has had a familiar pattern of added / removed characters so 51 or more is likely. It may be exactly 51-54 characters if the pattern continues, however IF some intended characters or veterans are de-confirmed then it'll be around the majority vote 46-50. Currently have 35 playable characters if counting the 3 Mii fighters (+1 for your own or as other Miis I guess?) & that might not even be 70% of the full cast. I'd type out the pattern of added /removed characters but meh.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Oh forgot, because of that leak about Random giving that one kid Ganondorf he's confirmed apparenly. so technically atm now it's 36 + 3 Mii fighters & or your own Mii/others...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm not really sure what you are saying^

But I can respect that you consider Mii three characters, as I consider it 0, rather, 1 mode.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'm not really sure what you are saying^

But I can respect that you consider Mii three characters, as I consider it 0, rather, 1 mode.
Yeah I'm kind of skeptical of that too... & thanks but to be more specific while not being so vague this kid was playing the Sm4sh demo and chose random and ended up getting ganondorf as his character but was mashing so not much to say about it...is what I've heard from a friend on the phone. But I've been seeing this on Smashboards more and more so I'll believe it for now unless no video evidence. I may go check out the Unconfirmed Sm4sh Ganon thread to find out anything more.

Edit: Only thing there was a long quoted message basically confirming ganon being the in demo through selecting random & getting ganondorf but nothing else on it. Shoutouts to Xion, @GoldenYuiitusin @Amazing Ampharos & @Diddy Kong for that hot news (if it is indeed & sorry ahead of time if this isn't supposed to be blown up too much?)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yeah I'm kind of skeptical of that too... & thanks but to be more specific while not being so vague this kid was playing the Sm4sh demo and chose random and ended up getting ganondorf as his character but was mashing so not much to say about it...is what I've heard from a friend on the phone. But I've been seeing this on Smashboards more and more so I'll believe it for now unless no video evidence. I may go check out the Unconfirmed Sm4sh Ganon thread to find out anything more.

Edit: Only thing there was a long quoted message basically confirming ganon being the in demo through selecting random & getting ganondorf but nothing else on it. Shoutouts to Xion, @GoldenYuiitusin @Amazing Ampharos & @Diddy Kong for that hot news (if it is indeed & sorry ahead of time if this isn't supposed to be blown up too much?)
Heh, and he reported that Ganondorf... was still Black Shadow Falcon?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Lmao move-set wise pretty much. Ganon needs to be de-cloned & bring in B. Shadow. Thanks for the laugh @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
Back on topic! Solidifying my poll guess with good info but it's math-related so keep up:
  • SSB64 = 12 characters with 3 intended characters (Bowser King Dedede & Mewtwo). 11 of his intended 15 from the original 12 SSB64 characters are confirmed!!!!
  • Melee = 26 characters with 2 intended characters (King Dedede & Lucas). 15 of his intended 28 intended from the 26 Melee characters are confirmed...with the 5 removed Melee veterans (Dr.Mario Mewtwo Pichu Roy & YoungLink) that didn't make it in Brawl.
  • Brawl = 39 characters (gtfo PTrainer complaints it's 3 playable PKMN in 1) including 2 intended characters (Mewtwo & Roy). The controversy is PT & transformations mostly. 24 of his intended 41 / 39 Brawl characters so far are confirmed!!!!
  • Sm4sh = 9..err 11 newcomers not including any other numbers until comparison to SSB5.:shades:

Now if you want facts w/o clicking the spoiler for strictly math then this below:

• Altogether in Super Smash Bros. history until now during this post there's a total of 54! characters!!!!!!!!! 5 characters have been cut from the Melee cast into Brawl. (Dr.Mario Mewtwo Pichu Roy & YoungLink)
  • The total numbers of intended characters from SSB64's 15, SSBM's 28, & SSBB's intended 41 are all 13 apart from each game title adding onto Brawl's 41 would = 54! . That's not a huge deal considering Melee had 5 characters cut & may also mean Brawl will have some cuts per-say like 5 more? but that doesn't mean they're all de-confirmed yet!!
  • Brawl's 24 returning fighters / veterans that are currently confirmed for Sm4sh plus the 11 newcomers making 35 playable characters right now. With a potential of at least 50 characters you think only 46-50 will be it's maximum number potential? Just Who The Hell Do You Think I Am!?
  • (Also without the exception of Mr.G&W shown in Pac-man's newcomer movie & Ganondorf played by picking random in the Sm4sh demo apparently)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I voted 46 between 50

But 51 is probably it

Because its either 48 with all previous veterans from brawl (except :squirtle::ivysaur::snake::lucas:) plus the 3 sal leak characters and ridley or mewtwo.

(Kraid is likely a boss now and helps ridley because theres a 80% chance that theres only 1 boss per rep.) (that doesn't include mini-bosses) (oh and kraid is samus's second rival)

Or 51 or 50 which adds all of the above including king k rool, and one random character veteran/newcomer.

( with a large kerming as a boss for smash run rumor it does not mean its king k rool,
http://www.mariowiki.com/Kremling
look at all of the other kermings that are as big/bigger than king k rool.)

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I voted 30 or less because I can.
Well, I see in reality 50 characters +- 2.

D

Deleted member

50 ish. (48-51) I'm thinking pessimistically right now though, so 46-50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom