• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How I Almost Died Yesterday

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
So for three days, me, and my Mother had to go to Texas to see my sister's graduation and help my grandmother move to Springfield, MO (Which is were I live).

Day one we had an 8 hour drive and met sister and grandmother and stayed at a hotel.

Day two me, mother, and grandmother saw my sister's graduation, and we celebrated.

Day three is where things got busy. We had to pack up everything in grandmother's apartment to the U-Haul truck. Now that happened. We needed a car dolly because I can't drive, and we had three cars to deal with (Mother's car, U-haul truck, and grandmother's car) So mother's car was carried by the car dolly. We set off to MO.

Around the 6th of the 8 hours of driving. I was in my grandmother's car and both of us was behind the U-Haul truck with the car dolly carrying mother's car. (Mother was driving the U-Haul)

Mother then, out of nowhere, drove to the side of the road, and so did we. I went out of grandmother's car and mother got out of the U-Haul and she said to me:

"Check the dolly."

I did, and the straps on the wheels were off.

I freaked out in my mind, I imagined if that car got off the car dolly. We where going 70 miles per hour and a collision like that would cause massive bleeding. Mother said that someone who drove by her pointed at the car dolly with a wide-eyed expression. That's how she knew what happened.

So we fixed the car dolly and strapped the wheels extra tighter and continued the road. I have no idea who that guy was, but I hope good things happen to him since he freaking saved two people with a point of a finger. Life couldn't be any better for 10 minutes after fixing the car dolly.

It's weird how I wasn't traumatized about avoiding death by luck.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Wow, God bless that man indeed! Glad you're safe, Tea. The Villager boards wouldn't be the same without you. :grin:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Some days you just get lucky; reminds me of the numerous times I almost got run over by a car. Anyway, it's nice to have you stay with us.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Wow! That must be really intense... Well at least you're ok!
:4villager:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Wow. How'd that happen?
Most of them (almost) happened because of my own foolishness; inadequately looking both ways, trying to dash across a street before the stoplight turned red, assuming that the stop signs present meant that every corner of the intersection had stop signs while forgetting that there were train tracks nearby.

There are some scenarios I can recall that didn't involve my lack of error; numerous drivers who almost ran me down or broke my legs while trying to make turns while I was walking across the street.

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
It shows that even if it's something minor, we should go out of our way to help others. The person could have just not cared and we may not have the privilege of having you here. It might seem cliche but Human empathy has been the quality that has helped us, every human, achieve great things.

It's just beautiful and (don't tell anyone but it makes me teary) great how different people are but we still look out for each other, despite of all the differences.

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
- Anne Frank

Today you, tomorrow me.

it might seem like meaningless poetic stuff to some people but I just rewatched the Korra ending and having all the feels, im sorry. I love people.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
It shows that even if it's something minor, we should go out of our way to help others. The person could have just not cared and we may not have the privilege of having you here. It might seem cliche but Human empathy has been the quality that has helped us, every human, achieve great things.

It's just beautiful and (don't tell anyone but it makes me teary) great how different people are but we still look out for each other, despite of all the differences.

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
- Anne Frank

Today you, tomorrow me.

it might seem like meaningless poetic stuff to some people but I just rewatched the Korra ending and having all the feels, im sorry. I love people.
lI always respect everyone no matter what gender, disability or race you are... Amazing post you are awesome!

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Most of them (almost) happened because of my own foolishness; inadequately looking both ways, trying to dash across a street before the stoplight turned red, assuming that the stop signs present meant that every corner of the intersection had stop signs while forgetting that there were train tracks nearby.

There are some scenarios I can recall that didn't involve my lack of error; numerous drivers who almost ran me down or broke my legs while trying to make turns while I was walking across the street.
Speaking of getting hit by cars...
I have this friend who got hit by an Ice Cream truck. Now, I'm not entirely sure on how that happened, but I can assure you that the only things damaged was his legs. He can walk on them, but he can't run on them, I think. That was so long ago; I can barely recall the details.
That aside, I'm truly glad that you're alive AnchorTea. We've lost some fellow Smashers before, and I certainly don't want anymore lives to be lost. Thank goodness that random civilian was there to point out the problem to your mother. If they didn't, well... I just don't want to imagine what would've happened.

Top Bottom