• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U How exactly will saving work in the Wii U version?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I just thought of something. Past Nintendo consoles had no account system, so a family would share a single Brawl save file (unless they screwed around with SD cards). Before now, it was a lot of fun to unlock things together, and make up for our strengths and weaknesses (I sucked at Home-Run Contest at the time, but my dad didn't).

Starting with the Wii U, however, they introduced individual user accounts. Games like Wind Waker HD had save data tied to a single account. What worries me is this: What if Super Smash Bros. saves per account? I certainly hope they don't. I know it's technically possible to have everyone share a file, as Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition did for some silly reason. What are your thoughts?

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Would it not make sense for it to be seperate for each user? I wanna unlock my own stuff and do the challenges online, so it's fine for me. What are your worries?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Would it not make sense for it to be seperate for each user? I wanna unlock my own stuff and do the challenges online, so it's fine for me. What are your worries?
I guess the idea is to let less experienced players see the full roster, but I see your point as well; unlocking is a really fun aspect of Smash Bros.

Khao

Smash Lord
I'd rather have the save file shared between accounts. As a multiplayer-focused game, it just fits.

It'd be pretty cool if the save file was shared, but still having multiple profiles for online play under each account.

Last edited:

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
At my home we only use one account, mine. But that's also because noone plays the Wii U as regularly as me.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Gamexplain confirmed that everyone shares a save.
(at 15:33)

Last edited:

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Gamexplain confirmed that everyone shares a save.
(at 15:33)
Ahh...That's really weird, for me it doesn't matter since I am the only person in my family that plays Smash, but that's annoying for other people.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Ahh...That's really weird, for me it doesn't matter since I am the only person in my family that plays Smash, but that's annoying for other people.
I actually prefer it this way. It makes a lot more sense for a multiplayer game.

Top Bottom