• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does Neo move so fast?

Katboi

Smash Rookie
I feel like he moves a great deal faster than the rest of the top tier Marths , even mikeHaze. Is it all just fastfalling or what? I've always preferred Neo's playstyle over the rest even if I haven't seen him play in awhile or seen him win a whole lot of tourneys.

I really never got into the game competitively, I only have my (rather horrible) friends to play against and kinda randomly started thinking about SSBB again today.

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
I feel like he moves a great deal faster than the rest of the top tier Marths , even mikeHaze. Is it all just fastfalling or what? I've always preferred Neo's playstyle over the rest even if I haven't seen him play in awhile or seen him win a whole lot of tourneys.

I really never got into the game competitively, I only have my (rather horrible) friends to play against and kinda randomly started thinking about SSBB again today.
even mikehaze? mikehaze walks more than half the time dude, his playstyle is pretty slow.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion

It's buffering. I don't know what any other Marth's do but I've repeatedly posted about how often I practice executing move to move where everything is as frame tight as I can make it. So if you're sensing any "additional" speed from my Marth it's just because I'm not wasting any winddown windows with my movement.

Hope this helped.

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
It's buffering. I don't know what any other Marth's do but I've repeatedly posted about how often I practice executing move to move where everything is as frame tight as I can make it. So if you're sensing any "additional" speed from my Marth it's just because I'm not wasting any winddown windows with my movement.

Hope this helped.
Did i hear it right that you quit?

It would be interesting to se your marth/sheik playstyle improve, quiting a video-game is by all means the right thing, but still

M

MysteryTigerTeen

idk what Neo you're talking about, but the one i know is NOT fast. He is patient, walks and times people out. Sure maybe when he gets a hit, he combos... maybe that is what looks fast to you? But he is slow, patient and punishes. In no way fast....

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
idk what Neo you're talking about, but the one i know is NOT fast. He is patient, walks and times people out. Sure maybe when he gets a hit, he combos... maybe that is what looks fast to you? But he is slow, patient and punishes. In no way fast....
Uh.... what? LOL I pretty much never time anyone out except ICs

IDK what NEO you're talking about because you clearly don't know me

GGs

M

MysteryTigerTeen

Lol I have known you since I entered the scene, well than again... you were inactive for the longest time for your rap career. I'm not the only one who thinks you're slow. Your matches take forever @.@'. If you wish, I could compose a video showing all your best "slowest" moments ;D. K thank you and good night

Also sorry for being real and not **** riding you like the rest. I'm going to be honest and not be a neo fan girl. You want me to think you're fast, prove it to me at apex. I'll be waiting.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Neo is patient but his execution is pinpoint in terms of "speed".
I thought this was an obvious conclusion considering the context/original discussion was specifically about move execution.

M

MysteryTigerTeen

^ and shaya says it all ^_^'

he's not fast. He's just patient and executes well.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Lol I have known you since I entered the scene, well than again... you were inactive for the longest time for your rap career. I'm not the only one who thinks you're slow. Your matches take forever @.@'. If you wish, I could compose a video showing all your best "slowest" moments ;D. K thank you and good night

Also sorry for being real and not **** riding you like the rest. I'm going to be honest and not be a neo fan girl. You want me to think you're fast, prove it to me at apex. I'll be waiting.
I'm sure the other people who think "I'm slow" also don't know how to avoid a hit? Like I said you're not being real you're just pretending you know me, when you don't. "The NEO I know times people out." Yeah, no. That pretty much never happens when I play Marth (MK is an exception). That statement alone shows there isn't a NEO that you actually know at all, you just repeated what Seagull (inaccurately) stated.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
CRUSHING EGOS (3D)

Anyone posting without anything worthwhile to say (and I'm a biased guy who thinks nearly every post is worthless) from NOW will feel the WRATH OF INFRACTIONS.

(nice of some of you guys to come visit!)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'm sure the other people who think "I'm slow" also don't know how to avoid a hit? Like I said you're not being real you're just pretending you know me, when you don't. "The NEO I know times people out." Yeah, no. That pretty much never happens when I play Marth (MK is an exception). That statement alone shows there isn't a NEO that you actually know at all, you just repeated what Seagull (inaccurately) stated.
What'd I say? I basically said what Shaya said in the simplest way possible. As someone who has watched you play for the longest time, I don't see you time out anyone for the most part other then :popo: (Which is necessary). I was more or less implying that you utilize all the time in the world. All 8 minutes. You're patient, but you punish really hard because you have good execution. You know specific scenarios and how to punish appropriately. You wait for those exact moments for opponents to put themselves in punishable situations and then you execute. And you don't approach when you have the percent lead, but that's the nature of brawl. Just because you use all the time you have possible, doesn't mean that the end result will be a time out.

:018:

Top Bottom