• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you escape the ICs dair handoff?

JRDusty

Smash Rookie
I read there is a way to escape it but I have no idea how.

Last edited:

IC-Rambler

Smash Cadet
You can SDI Nana's dair to escape Popo's grab. I've see Chillindude SDI down/away and buffer a spotdodge to evade the grab, then punish with shine.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Depends what character you are using.

Fox: ASDI some combination of down and away. If you ASDI away, I believe you'll be out of range of Popo's immediate dash grab, and you can easily u-smash or shine him (or buffer a roll, jump, or spotdodge if you don't trust yourself to time it correctly).

Falco: SDI down and away

Sheik: ASDI away or up (I believe you can jump out if you ASDI up, but haven't tested in a while)

Falcon: SDI up or towards (assuming reverse d-air), I believe down also works

Ganon: SDI up or towards (assuming reverse d-air)

Peach: SDI up or away (not sure if ASDI works at all); up is probably best because they can also reverse d-air you

Samus/Doc: N-air or jump out for virtually any direction you happen to DI

Jiggs: Jump, could probably sneak in a rest, but it's unlikely they'll attempt this on you

ASDI is automatic smash DI, which is what happens when you hold the control stick or c-stick in a direction before getting hit. The c-stick takes priority for ASDI, so you can actually DI in one direction using the control stick (i.e., survival DI by holding up) and ASDI in another direction using the c-stick (i.e. escape DI by holding away).

SDI is smash DI, which is what happens when you input the control stick in some direction during hitlag. It moves you further than ASDI and can easily get you out of grab range. Typically executed by quickly "rotating" the control stick back and forth over a notch in the direction that you want to move, which can result in multiple inputs if you perform it quickly enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom