• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do yall fare against tier-toppers?

c3gill

Smash Ace
Hey yall- I am relatively new to this site, but not new to the ssb universe. I am a pretty proficient with Lucas, he is my main. I started this because i am curious how other people who main Lucas are doing against top tier competition?

I have played up through "regional" tournaments (East coast, mostly VA and MD) and i have come to the conclusion that my Lucas playstyle is pretty even with most of the tier toppers in 1 one 1 action. here is my breakdown:

Meta-Knight- I generally dominate him, as long as i can keep my space. lots of PK Fires and PKT2s, keeping the basics makes fighting MK easy. Most people who play him try to be too flashy :)

Snake- I cant touch him. dont really understand why, but i will lose to someone who has never played the game if they play with him. he just slaughters me.

DDD- Easy cakes. I love this match up, and the more I play him the easier it gets.

diddy kong and marth- generally a toss up, these matchups always seem to go to whoever has the greater skill. I really enjoy them, because i see it as a true test of ability for lucas.

falco, wario- same as snake, falco seems to just never get hit, and wario always beats me in the air(his aerials are insane.)

G&W- Just as bad as Wario, except not only aerials- he is just fast and many of his moves have priority over Lucas', and he outmanuvers and edgeguards too well :( This is without a doubt my worst match up, that bucket pisses me off.

Thats my input on the people i see as "top tier" characters, what about yall? im really interested in your input, if you main Lucas please drop it here!

Irsic

Smash Ace
Marth - I have this match-up down, but that does not mean it is a cake-walk for Lucas. I can generally win Marth matches, but I still seem to lose quite once and a while, just don't let Marth space.

Snake - Another match-up I have down. Snake never really seems to give me trouble and I think he gets harassed pretty hard by Lucas off stage and in the air.

MK - I can't win these as much as I lose them, as I'm still getting used to fighting him with Lucas. It can get pretty frustrating.

Falco - I fail hard at this match-up. I don't remember the last time I won against Falco, it's been a while.

Wario - I don't normally lose these. Wario is tough when you let him punish you, so you have to play extra careful, and that's what I do in this matchup.

G&W - Getting a lot better at this match-up, and I've been winning these lately as well. Still the most difficult match-up for Lucas in my eyes though.

D3 - A stupid match-up, easily won IMO if you don't get impatient. I don't believe D3 deserves his tier list rating.

Diddy Kong - I play Diddy Kong as well, so this match generally goes 50/50 for me. I wouldn't normally play Lucas against him anyway.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Lets just say that we do bad against a lot of top tier characters, G&W in particular.

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
yeaaa... I train against lv9 top tiers (especially MK,Snake, Marth).. not like the real players but it'll still help....

I dun have any trouble w/ G&W
when I face him 3 stocks.. I only give up around 50 dmg% in the match

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
I switch to Ganon for them :p

Sorry lol. I just picked up Lucas. He's really fun and his playstyle is great for me but I have much more experiance with my Ganon agaisnt Tops but I'm working on them now as a Lucas player too :)

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
why lv4s..
lv4s are wayy too slow and I get so lazy w/ 'em..

real players are fast right?
so are lv9s..
lv9s actually can dodge my PkFreezes from 100m away lol ;D

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
no
real players dont play like level 9's.
level 9's will just attack and attack and constanly roll.
real players wont jump at you when their percentages are like 200.
most real players camp

level 4's allow you to work on your combo's and technical skill.
you'll notice a huge improvement in your game

and Welcome Sgt. Baker =]
enjoy your stay and hav an Omelet while you're here ;]

As for Top Tiers.....we're working on that right now too.
:094:

Top Bottom