• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I go about adding a logo in the CSS on 3.6?

SyMag

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKThunda
3DS FC
1805-2965-9302
So my school is having a fairly large regional tourney this coming weekend, and we've been trying to figure out a way to insert a custom logo in the background of the CSS. Does anyone know offhand what I need to do to add it? I've tried in the past with 3.5/3.6b but when I turned the game on nothing appeared in the background. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

In case it matters, I currently have BrawlBox v0.71 on my computer.

sporksparks

Smash Cadet
Open /projectm/pf/menu/sc_selcharacter.pac in BrawlBox, expand MiscData[30] and expand the Textures folder, should be the first one, named "CustomCSSIcon"

You can do the same for SSS using pf/menu/mu_menumain.pac and expanding MiscData[0]

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Using an older version of BrawlBox can also be an issue. Make sure to grab v0.76b from BrawlVault if the above post doesn't work, then try again.

SyMag

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKThunda
3DS FC
1805-2965-9302
Alright, I got it to work, but now the image appears to be too small. Any attempts I make at making it bigger results in the image being unrecognizable; it almost appears as if the left-hand side keeps repeating itself. Any idea why this is and how I can fix it?

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Hard to offer a solution when I can't see what you're working with, but I would suggest finding someone else's build with a custom CSS logo. Download their's and see if there are any major differences in the image size/resolution, how the logo is positioned in the image, the image settings (on the right side of the BrawlBox window), etc.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
What's the dimensions of your image, they're probably incorrect.
If it becomes an issue of size, you can always just modify the animation data to accommodate your image.

SyMag

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKThunda
3DS FC
1805-2965-9302
Well the drawing itself is about 144x121, but the overall dimensions of the Icon image are 256x128 because I thought that was as high as I could go.

This is the logo in question; it's in the 256x128 rectangle at the moment, which is (I'm assuming) why it's smaller than I'd like it to be.

Attachments

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Well the drawing itself is about 144x121, but the overall dimensions of the Icon image are 256x128 because I thought that was as high as I could go.

This is the logo in question; it's in the 256x128 rectangle at the moment, which is (I'm assuming) why it's smaller than I'd like it to be.
Ok, so to resize it, you'd open menu2.pac in brawlbox and expand "MiscData[30]." Under that, scroll and find the "AnmChr(NW4R)" and expand that to find all the animation data. You want to select and expand MenSelchrBg_TopN__0 and find "Icon" as highlighted in the image.
Select that node and animation values should appear on the right side. You can then modify the "Scale" to increase the size as you see fit.

Last edited:

souphard

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to add multiple icons (like 4 or 5)? Also what's the max size they can be? :chuckle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom