• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do combo (git gud)

Level One

Smash Rookie
HOPEFULLY I'm in the right topic, but it's something I can't quite seem to dig up answers for and labbing hasn't really gotten me anywhere in regards to this;
Like, half of captain falcon is comboing into knee, so how exactly do you do it??
There are some of the cool tricks, like down throwing into one on a dropzone or reading a tech with knee, stomp knee, the easy stuff; but I'm struggling WAY harder than I should be connecting aerials into knees, despite SHFFL and running after the player. Is there a certain part of up air, nair, back air I should be connecting with? Or is it just a really tight % range?

Thanks for reading my overly long ass post(s) because I'd feel just as bad writing one sentence for an entirely new thread.

Pisces

Smash Rookie
Follow ups can be di dependent but it also depends on which part of the move you're hitting with. Hitting with the tips of Falcon's toes with up air make it harder to follow up due to it sending at more horizontal rather than diagonal angles. Beyond that get your SHFFLs as fast as possible and try to cross them up so their di is messed up.

Bozy

Smash Rookie
You need to land your aerials when as close to the ground as possible and then get your dash on the earliest possible frame. Doing your up air right as you hit the ground will give you a ton of extra time. Practice combos on marth on FD as they are some of the most straight forward punishes. Once you get used to it things like nair to knee is are very easy conversions.

F!R3

Smash Rookie
You need to land your aerials when as close to the ground as possible and then get your dash on the earliest possible frame. Doing your up air right as you hit the ground will give you a ton of extra time. Practice combos on marth on FD as they are some of the most straight forward punishes. Once you get used to it things like nair to knee is are very easy conversions.
What this guy said, late up air to knee. The closer you do an aerial to the ground the more time you have to hit them while in stun. Like hitting them earlier while doing the up air you'll still be in the air when the stun starts, giving you less frames to connect a combo. Nair to knee is most just figuring out the fast fall timings. Pretty easy to do agains marth at like 34ish percent

Last edited:

Lil Bucket Hat

Smash Apprentice
Great combo food is Ganon and early percent Mario bros. Practice on those foo's and learn when and when not to fast fall or full drift in combos

Top Bottom