• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
From looking at some vids. I already see like 5 tournament legal stages. very very good sign. i remember in brawl so many people were scared that there wouldnt be any good stages.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
While the footage shown is still beta, don't expect many changes. Remember how the Brawl demos during E3 were before the game came out.

There were very minor changes.

This will be Brawl HD with DLC characters patch.

Xyro77

While the footage shown is still beta, don't expect many changes. Remember how the Brawl demos during E3 were before the game came out.

There were very minor changes.

This will be Brawl HD with DLC characters patch.
but the melee demo has MAJOR changes when compared to the final melee game. so it could go either way

Xyro77

Just realized something.

There is a boxing ring level in ssb4. with humans as the audience. Little mac confirmed?

Zori

Smash Champion
I do remember the brawl demo and I remember they changed a lot about the engine till release especially with fox

Gea

Smash Master
but the melee demo has MAJOR changes when compared to the final melee game. so it could go either way
That came from a different time. I wouldn't expect major changes except to stuff like %, knockback, etc. I'd be very, very surprised if the engine changed at all. Thanks for the video, by the way. Very interesting.

Not sure why everyone is *****ing when 95% of you will play this game wiether it's **** or not. If you were waiting for a "real fighter" you would of left this site a long time ago

Anyways I love the even more cartoon graphics then brawl it allows more wacky chars like will fit girl to exists. I hope then roster is 50 plus really. On top of that I don't think I need to say how excited I am for megaman I wanted him for a long time.

This is just a rough draft of what the game will be like, don't over analyze because things can change. Just accept that we got a smash game on the way
I'm not sad that it isn't a real fighter or anything, I'm sad that they were so lazy making this new title. Look at the progression of every game before it. Even Brawl currently gets more credit with me because they took a risk at doing a lot of new stuff, even if it was worse. Unless this is significantly more polished than Brawl it just seems like they are content to not mix it up at all. And don't hold your breath for a roster of 50, isn't he on record saying the cast wasn't going to be much larger than Brawl? I would expect more cuts than anything else. Which, if that does happen, is even more silly because of how many Brawl assets are being used/converted.

You know what I'd be impressed with? Good netcode. I'd be super impressed. No matter how bad the game was otherwise I'd have to give it props for proper online. You know what I'm not holding my breath for? Good netcode.

Edit: Zori did you even play the Brawl demo? Because I did. The engine was the same.

Xyro77

gea, i thought you said something about fox shine/peach Dsmash. Like it was weaker in the real game but stronger in the demo.

Gea

Smash Master
Those aren't changes in the game's engine though, and it's really hard to give accurate character differences in moveset because everyone was forced to play with sideways wiimotes in 2 minute matches with items and chaos. It's entirely possible that shine and dsmash were drastically different in power. That isn't the point. No one is saying, "Wow look at all that % Megaman did, he'll be so good!" It's more like the physics of the game aren't going to be changing from what we see right now. It won't suddenly have directional airdodging or anything.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'll probably enjoy the new smash, but I was hoping for it to be a lot more different. The videos I'm seeing kinda seem like just another Brawl Hack.

I hope WiiFit Girl is top tier.

Also I do like the changes I've seen to Bowser. Really upset that Mario is basically the exact same though, to the point of still having FLUDD. Though maybe that'll change I dunno. I know Kirby's Side B was changed before the final version came out for brawl.

:059:

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I've noticed Mario's fireballs are buffed, seem to be fast and travel farther, also DK's wind up punch seems slower.

Wii Fit Trainer looks pretty fast and looks like she has the same Dair as Falcon.

Upon further inspection, Megaman will be gdlk.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
MH3 stuff must be done after a couple months, right?

Beautiful. If only it looked like his Up B actually went somewhere, though his grounded Up B seems like it doesn't need to be charged to do a lot of damage.

Xyro77

I really don't think MEGAMAN will be super good. I didn't get that "holy F" feeling like I did when I saw mk the first time.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Link's new Final Smash is Iron Boots.

He falls faster than N64 recovery speed.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I really don't think MEGAMAN will be super good. I didn't get that "holy F" feeling like I did when I saw mk the first time.
Allan... Shut up. You didn't know **** from the trailer, Roy R pointed out he had a fast Uair and his speed would be good. Nobody knew from the trailer that MK would be the best or as broken as he is.

Tesh

Smash Hero
A flying swordsman would logically be better than anything else. There is even a "joke" melee video from 2007 before brawl came out with a flying marth as metaknight.

Obv from a developer's point of view with stage hazards and items, a lightwieght thats slow in the air probably wouldn't seem so strong. Big hitboxes can even be a liability with explosives.

Megaman does look crazy though. Sakurai said he is turning out to be the most unique. Now the most unique character in brawl i think is ICs so...

He has like a dozen projectiles and if u look at the mario vs megaman video with the hilarious commentary, his dsmash (that giant flame attack) did about 45% damage to mario. Even if its just a result of awful SDI, he is looking pretty good.

Although Bowser and Pit look better, maybe they did do what i said and just made everyone stronger offensively. Link sure as hell doesn't look like it, but recoveries don't look buffed and moves were doing some serious damage from what I saw.

Xyro77

Me and Roy literally looked at each other and knew that he would be the best. We just didnt know HOW AMAZING he would be. The reason why we knew this is because his uair/ftilt/fair was fast as or faster than l-canceled melee moves.

I didn't get that feeling from anything in the ssb4 trailer. That's really good.

Xyro77

Don't worry about the dsmash. Peach dsmash in melee sucked you in and did crazy damage (especially if u crouch canceled).

I can be wrong but I don't think it's something to worry about.

Tesh

Smash Hero
for some reason every time i have a long response in this thread, i cant post it...

edit:it looks like lucas dsmash pointed in both directions

only time will tell if its easy to get out of or super laggy like lucas upsmash so u wont be able to just throw it out.

breaking down the video a bit, megaman had a projectile that flew pretty fast and did 14% at the start, it looked a bit laggy though but i have to wonder if such a hard hitting projectile would be safe via shieldstun and shieldpush anyway

the mario rolled into that flaming attack and it might be the type of thing where avoiding the first hit totally screws you (like sheik's dsmash)

mario's fair clashed with megaman's fire uppercut (perhaps this is megaman's side b)

megaman's throwable shield only does 4 damage apparently

mario lands a nair into the fiery dsmash we saw earlier so despite the animation i guess its vulnerable from above.

megaman died at 79 for a reason i dont understand, either mario has some absurdly powerful and fast move or megaman has some absurd risk associated with the dashing slide attack he was using.

intro and outro looks awful wtf

perhaps they have done away with a dedicated results screen to further cripple competitive play, i wouldnt be surprised if it was announced to have no replay support

edit2: well lol i can post a short message and then edit it... how crude

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Don't worry about the dsmash. Peach dsmash in melee sucked you in and did crazy damage (especially if u crouch canceled).

I can be wrong but I don't think it's something to worry about.
You're assuming you can't SDI it, which casual players don't know how to do.

If it's Brawl 2.0, then you will be able to SDI it on the first hit anyways.

Xyro77

I'm not assuming u can't DI it.

I was just saying yea MM dsmash looks scary and yea it does crazy damage, so did peach in melee but we ended up not worrying about it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom