• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey does anyone else up-b off an edge? Also wat do yu do off an edge? (wit Luigi Duh)

gogogobaby

Smash Rookie
Hey does anyone else up-b off an edge? I've been experimenting with it and found that if you randomly throw an up-b in instead of just attacking of an edge you can actually K-O people sometimes, I mean not often but occasionaly. Also wat do yu do off an edge? (wit Luigi Duh)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
The only time this could ever work is if someone with a very laggy Up-B (Sheik, Ganon, Falcon) Up-B's directly onto the stage when you're edgeguarding.

Otherwise, don't ever do this.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
...You mean like...as a ledgegaurd attack? Do your up-B off of the edge? Uhh...err...mmm...<_<

Uhh, yeah, that would probably result in you dieing. Annnd the other person NOT dieing. Sooo...yeah. You can probably figure it out.

gogogobaby

Smash Rookie
No. What I mean is that I grab onto the ledge, then I press DOWN making Luigi let go of the ledge, finally I double jump and instead of attacking I up-b, sometimes hitting and at high percentages K-O ing. As you can read this doesn't involve edgeguarding with up-b at ALL. Edgeguarding with up-b would suck. Duh.

OOPS

The title should be what you off a ledge, as in you are hanging on a ledge and the opponent is racing towards you, intent on pwning you.

TobiasXK

Smash Ace
Anyone who has fought a Luigi before does not rush the edge, because they expect to be chopped or whatever. If they happen to be that close, sure, it'd work, but I rarely fight people that would come stand right next to the edge when I was on it.

Adversely, if you can edgehog and force people with laggy third jumps to overshoot the ledge and land on the stage, it's an easy ping, definitely.

calmchaos

Smash Apprentice
I've done it to a really good sheik player who was edgehogging me.
He was hanging there, and I air sweet spotted him and he blasted of and died and I caught the edge.

It was a total accident, but i guess if I were better it would catch people a bit off guard.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Yeah...This move is WAY too risky to even think about...If u miss slightly and dont get the powerful hit...they grab the edge and...u know the rest...=.=...
"Luigis die more then 5 MILLION times each year from stupid attacks. Dont be # 5million and one. Thank you." :D

SlashMolder

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying this and it doesn't work too well, maybe just use it a few times when they are very high percent, and you actually are in a good position to do so.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Lol I've never tryed it, dont think I ever will, lmao. Most of my enemies as ka said respects my Ledge manuevers and give me plenty of space. Besides, Id rather stick to my signature Ledgehopped Double Uair. << Its just so sexy.

Top Bottom