• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's an idea! Valerie the Gym Leader for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

Valerie is the sixth Gym Leader of the Kalos region of the Pokémon X and Y games. She uses the new Fairy type, and I see an interesting way of combining her with a stale veteran that has recently received the transfer to Fairy:

That's right, Jigglypuff. Now, you may say that this should be lumped into the Jigglypuff discussion, but Valerie actually functions like the Pokémon Trainer, utilizing three Fairy-type Pokémon in Smash. These are the other two:

Azumarill, the Water-Fairy type who is also infamous for being 'Pikablu', and:

Flabebe, the pure Fairy type and representative of the sixth gen.

They are swapped with the Down B, and this is a rudimentary moveset I made(specials only):

Jigglypuff:
B is now Sing, Side B is now Rollout, and Up B is the new Play Rough, in which Jigglypuff will launch herself upwards, and if she makes contact with an enemy, she enters a cartoony dust cloud of chubby, pink limbs. Because isn't that the most adorable thing?

Azumarill:
B is Bubble, which functions similarly if not the same as Squirtle's Project M Bubble. The Side B is Tail Whip, where Azumarill will slap it's tail in a rapid succession, similar to Marth's Dolphin Blade. Up B is Bounce, where Azumarill will simply use her bubble tail to bounce into the sky.

Flabebe:
B is Dazzling Gleam, which surrounds Flabebe in sparkles, which are released after the B button is released. Charging it allows for a greater effect, and it has defensive properties as well, acting as a Reflector at max charge. Side B is Petal Blizzard, where Flabebe runs forward, enveloped in petals. Sucks opponents in, and deals multi-damage. Up B is Vine Whip, which is a straight clone of Ivysaur's Vine Whip.

Final Smash:
All three Pokémon are released, and they preform a consecutive Moonblast, which can be aimed, but moves twice as fast as Lucario's Aura Storm. They are invincible during this time, and the beam lasts for 12 seconds.

Critique the moveset if you have the time and let me know what you think of Valerie!

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
She's no more important than he other gym leaders. Clemont is the only one who can be said to be more important because of the anime.

That said, this is a very intersting idea.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Not as important as Korrina or Clemont, but she has Fairy types going for her. It'd be interesting for her to act like the Pokemon Trainer, but with Togepi, Jigglypuff, and Sylveon. I feel that the three Fairy types I just mentioned are the most iconic in the series.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just... don't really care for those Pokemon. Two are great reps for Pokemon as a franchise, not Nintendo, and one isnt even a good rep for Pokemon at the current stage (I only say Azumarill is for its amazing attributes in Competitive tier).
I appreciate the thought behind this, though, as it is not just your favorite person whom you decided would be good for Smash and then hope for it; but it certainly is not that big of a deal in a time where Pokemon Trainer may not even return/ with the same Pokemon. I cannot see a game with Azumarill and Flabebe getting in over my Squirtle.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
This would be interesting, but I think instead of Jigglypuff, she should have Mr. Mime or something. Jigglypuff's been in all three games mostly unchanged, and I doubt they would change her now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom