• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with starting off Grab combos

WooICYU

Smash Journeyman
Im running out of creative ideas, i usually try, to CG
Or De-sync nana blizz cg, or finish with d-throw- fsmash,

Some others ones i use but above are the most common, can anyone give me, any other ideas, that start off combo's?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I had an idea recently; it's a variation on platform chaingrabbing.

The original idea is that you down-throw them onto a platform--works best on floaties--and then waveland onto it to follow them. Follow their tech with another grab and get some extra damage before you do a grab-smash. However... I have another idea although I'm not sure if it will work.

The idea is that you do a d-throw d-smash for added damage, much like when CG'ing a Sheik. You proceed with the platform tech-chase as normal afterwards.

So the process is:

Down-throw d-smash--time the d-smash right so they don't actually take knockback, just extra damage.

Chase them onto a platform and waveland on it, tech chase with another grab. Charge up a smash, down-throw and release for a good amount of damage. Sometimes you can repeat the first step up to the top platform. If this is the case, you might just fully charge an up-smash and maybe get an early KO.

That's my contribution.

Binx

Smash Master
I had an idea recently; it's a variation on platform chaingrabbing.

The original idea is that you down-throw them onto a platform--works best on floaties--and then waveland onto it to follow them. Follow their tech with another grab and get some extra damage before you do a grab-smash. However... I have another idea although I'm not sure if it will work.

The idea is that you do a d-throw d-smash for added damage, much like when CG'ing a Sheik. You proceed with the platform tech-chase as normal afterwards.

So the process is:

Down-throw d-smash--time the d-smash right so they don't actually take knockback, just extra damage.

Chase them onto a platform and waveland on it, tech chase with another grab. Charge up a smash, down-throw and release for a good amount of damage. Sometimes you can repeat the first step up to the top platform. If this is the case, you might just fully charge an up-smash and maybe get an early KO.

That's my contribution.
That's hot wobbles. Do you think its any better than just upsmashing them onto the platorm? or are we talking about a mid percentage on a floatier character?

Top Bottom