• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with matchups

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
Luigi all the way! just because he is a low tear, doesnt mean he sucks, look at ka-master, Rofl, Ultraluigi and other great luigis, if u main him i suggest u stick with him!

now since i convinced u to stay with luigi ;D here is some help:

samus: you can Ftilt or tornado h-e-r missles very easily, i prefer tornado cuz not only do you disrupt the missles but you also can get very close to h-e-r that way, and when ur in close range, samus has nothin on u, just get h-e-r off the stage with whatever means necessary, and edgeguardin samus is pretty easy

shiek: if she spams needles, just WD -> shield, and when u get close to her, up throw or up smash and when she is in the air she is pretty easy to combo, play a bit more defensive tho because shiek can get nasty if you let her

marth: you can look up "ROFL tells you how to beat marth. " and it tells u all the details, however if u dont feel like searchin for it, just upthrow at low percentage -> into an aerial, and at mid percentage downthrow into an aerial, do lots of Ftilts, and if he is fast/tries to be fast, just kinda shield, or play defensive and punish him when he makes a mistake

EDIT: thx Binx

Binx

Smash Master
Samus is a her, If your skills are fairly even with Marth as they are Luigi I am fairly confident that it is easier to beat samus with Marth than it is for Luigi, Marth can swipe her missles away very easily and you can counter(down b) her Beam, watch out for crouch cancels and spot dodges, play carefully and tricky a forward throw will almost always let you get in some kind of hit. Pikachu is horrible vs all of the above characters.

Shiek rages Marth so if that shiek uses grabs at all I would avoid picking Marth against them. Luigi will most definately do better than Pikachu, as far as Luigi vs Shiek goes though, cant help ya.

EDIT: Ppao has some sexy taste in Music and some pretty fantastic combos.

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
i suggest you only use Luigi
if you stick with Luigi you won't need to practice with other characters just to counter pick
Luigi is a very sick character if you know how to use him
I've beaten Marths Samus Peaches Sheiks
just keep it all Luigi and you'll be spittin game on everyone

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
if thats ur main stick with him man, but, if its by rounds, and u lost 1 or two figts with luigi, try to using marth, u can beat him, no because ur preeetty good with him, because is marth and well, almost top

Top Bottom