• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my peach?

Ba1100n_Drag0n

Smash Apprentice
Watched the vs. Fox, Fountain of Dreams video only (didn't have time to look at rest, I'll check'em out later).

My one and only suggestion: Stop being so predictable. Obviously when you're in the air, charging at someone, especially with your rear facing, you're gonna Bair them or Nair them. DSmash is used too much, IMO. I didn't see a lot of USmashes... my only suggestion is use the arensal of attacks you have; don't just stick with some of them.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Your Pretty good for a Peach player, but what my friend said above is true you are a bit too predictable. You need to move around more. When playing against Fox players you don't want to stay in the air too long. Fox's Uair is murder on Peach So watch for that, aslo don't get grabbed by him. He'll kust toss you in the air and use his Uair. I haven't watched the other videos yet so I may have more useful info later.

I just watched your match with samus and noticed Something that you kept doing in your Fox Match. YOU HANG IN THE AIR TOO LONG!! Stop staying in the air all the time. Your making it obvious to your opponent on what your going to do. You need to set up up some mind games, also use Some more turnips. They help with the mind games. You also need WD (Wave Dash) More This also Helps with Mind games, and also Distance you self from your opponent (If used correctly). Sheild grabbing Will also help.

CF: I don't see Any problems with you and Cf other than the air issue. Good match.

Fox: 2nd Fox match was good. Just follow what I said above and you should be fine. If you need further help just check the peach guide.

Sepph

Smash Rookie
Vs Fox:
I saw Fox tryied to Edge-Hog you, but you didn't EH him on his second stock. Don't abuse the dsmash or you'll migth suffer shffld Dair+waveshine to upsmash <_<...death
vs Samus:
Good :) Be careful if Samus starts abusing the missiles...it's annoying XD
vs Falcon:
Nice Smashpike! You know dash dance and some wavedash...but I'm having the feeling you are replacing fair with bair... be careful using Uair! on fast fallers you may wait for them to fall a little and do Usmash
vs Fox2
Great peach overall (except for the toad incident XD)

Anyways, great peach :)

brdy_

Smash Lord
As everyone has said, way too predictable of a Peach. At one point you d-tilt 3 or 4 times and luckily he was being careless and you got him with the last one. DI more to get out of combos, it seems you rely on nair to counter them instead. Float-cancel your attacks, he punishes you a lot because you dont.
You do wavedash and DD sometimes, but it seems pointless at times and the Fox just punishes you for doing it in dangerous situations. Incorporate it into placement for doing a dsmash or fake him out with a dd to wavedash to dash attack. (I, for one, hardly ever wavedash)

I'm not a great Peach player, so wait for some more advice. These are just a few things I noticed after watching a couple of those vids.

PS: I'll try to get some vids of me up soon, so you all can critique mine and LMK what I can work on. :D ElfenLiedPeach, even you could help me with my Peach, you are quite effective.. you don't suck :p. I tried to leave a comment on Youtube, but it didn't work I don't think.

--The first you vs. Fox video---

Specifically in this video, at

0:51 you dtilt 3 or 4 times. predictability issue

0:58 you could have edgehogged easily but instead you throw a turnip, allowing him to come back on stage.

good fc fair at 1:27

at 1:37ish the stitchface could have been caught then thrown again. I'm not sure if you accidentally held forward or accidentally didn't float cancel your fair, but it cost you one stock basically.

I agree that the second Fox match is a lot better than the first.

MuseLives

Smash Journeyman
Enjoying some leisurely chaos...in New Jersey
I've noticed by both watching your vids/comparing to old ones, and just by playing you at that smashfest that your peach skill has been going backwards as of late. Not much I can say that hasn't been said, the peach is growing bland by the looks of it. In addition to what people are advising here, I'd think your past self (the vids anyway) would be quite a useful tool to get better.

-You used to be much more spontaneous/unpredictable. Go back to that, you were much harder to punish and scarier to see coming.
-You used to chaingrab the rear ends off of any fast faller that got near you. Go back to that; make fox pay for even the smallest miscalculation.
-You used to use like seven different moves to edgeguard, pretty much all I see in these vids is dsmash. When they know it's coming, it doesn't really work. (Unpredictability wins again)
-Your once beastly spacing has been drastically impaired. Watch your old vids and observe. You'll find a lot of things you can do to create the space you need to take advantage of your foe. Sometimes i felt like your peach had more range than my marth when you spaced it right.
-idk, but those turnips don't look like their being used to their potential.
-remember that aerials, dsmash, and grabs are not the only moves you have.

I hope you get to work on that sometime soon, the next bracket we play in wont be nearly as fun if you let this decline continue. Not to mention that our doubles team would suffer a fatal blow :(

Edit: if you do review old vids, don't go too far back, lol. I'd suggest starting with late october and moving on until the end of 2006. Before that, you weren't near the levels you've been capable of playing at. After that, you started dumbing down your play.

Top Bottom