• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Aftermath enter 0C3!!!

Aftermath

Smash Champion
So yeah, I had been planning on coming to 0C3, but within the last couple weeks, I've had car troubles (and DEQ testing fees), costs from trying to move to another city, and most recently, and the thing that really screwed me over, I was applying for a government job and they charged my bank account for way more than I thought for the application, so I now am out of the money I was going to use to go. It sort of came up all of a sudden so I couldn't really cover all the costs, so I'm asking you SWFers if you could help me enter 0C3.

I think I can secure a ride down there, but once I'm there, I have no money. I know with the whole donation thing that ken and mana are asking for, people probably don't have/don't want to put out much more money for others, but I'm Aftermath, and you want me to be there, or something not self-centered :p. So I'm pretty much going to be accepting any amount of money, even change and stuff. If enough people give even a dollar or so, I'll be able to enter and be ever grateful.

Since I hope that like I'm not totally unknown and such, hopefully people want me there and want to play. I want to do as many friendlies as possible, but those who donate will get like super-special reservations for playing me and I'll play them infinite matches.

Pledges so far: $40.00 - $50.00

As a last beg thing, I've been looking forward to this all year, and it'd suck if a few last minute unexpected things ruined my chances of being able to attend the best smash tournament of this year.

Edit: If you do want to give me money, just post and I can take it at the door, although you don't have. My goal is the entrance fee, although as it gets closer I'll know exactly how much I'll have and how much I'll need (I'll update this post).

Also, Mana/ken, hopefully you guys don't see this as me trying to take away from donations to you guys, it's not really meant as that.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
hey, I was actually talking to T!mmy about helping you go yesterday, maybe, if Cmin is kind enough, he could drive you to socal, since T!mmy and T0mmy are going with him. I could house you so you dont have to worry about motel costs. talk to me and/or T!mmy on AIM (T!mmy preferred, he could help you more than I can)

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I wonder if there's any more room in cmin's car besides you, timmy and tommy?
If I can get down there, I probably would.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
There's always the trunk, Josh. There's always the trunk.

cmin

Smash Ace
by the looks of it binx is not going... so since my car can hold 5 including myself... theres
1 . me
2. timmy
2.5 tommy
4 marth/falco pro
so theres still a slot left for aftermathrar

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Simna, I'm not driving anymore, so I don't think we can pick you up. However, if we can do 4 inthe backseat from M/F's -> 0C3 venue then yeah, we should be able to. I'll talk to smin and try to weasel you in.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
<-- Aftermath

Well, it was for some job application for some reason, and once like I realized that they were taking out $80, I tried to call back and get them to cancel, but it was already done and like I have to wait 2 weeks to get something in the mail, mail it back to cancel it, then wait for it to be processed.

So I guess it wasn't like a mysterious way or anything, just like a huge fee that they didn't want to rescind for whatever reason.

Hugs, ok.

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
Yo James, I your back, $10-20 sound good? Of course you've gotta do one thing for me, stop saying like so much, being a valley girl isn't a good thing, (or is it?). Anywho hit me up in portland some time, just PM me ahead of time and perhaps we could smash it up while you're down here. Me going to 0C3 is very pointless, I wouldn't consider it unless I stood a chance of beating you, though i have gotten a bit better since the last time you came, and I'd like to get even better...

"Sigh", i would've gone to 0C3 anyway just for the experience, but since my birthday's one day after the end of 0C3 i won't have the money to make it.... oh wells, cya at SF:E people

joshisrad

Smash Lord
VG - I forget your name - going to big tournaments like OC3 are beneficial even if you aren't as good as James. You get way better just from participating in them, it seems.

a-mar

Smash Cadet
mr. aftermath, sir

i main as samus and from all that i have learned from your video
i feel that it would be an honour to contribute $15 to your predicamante

if you need more just let me know.

P.S. how do i get the $$$ to you??

T0MMY

Smash Master
I was just going to give you $75 and drive you down there myself, but it looks like I don't have to do that since you've got donations going >:^D

haha, I call shotgun? Aftermath, I hope you can somehow make it :)
M/F Pro, I think the OC3 staff will have a rented car, so they might be able to drive you there, but I don't know where exactly you are coming from so you'd have to see about details with Arash or someone. I don't know if that'd be easier for you, but it'd free up a seat for someone who might have to come from far away.

i need a ride...gimme a ride and i've got $40 for u james
Simna, you'd better be at OC3. I'll kick J-rad out of the trunk to get you there (nothing personal Josh, but Ness is better than Mewtwo, you know, lolz).

I am posting in this thread uselessly.
No johns, get to OC3.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
T0mmy, yesterday Cmin had told me his plan. he said we wants to make 2 trips to the venue. one trip driving all the oregonians and then one trip driving me and a friend. So either way, there will be a free seat for another person from far away to be driven to the venue since he's making 2 trips.

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
If there's such a serious competition for rides, why don't we just do a mini tourney to decide who deserves a ride, unless they're bribed with money, and it couldn't hurt getting some practice in before hand

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
well, I dont see the point in a tournament. I'm paying/helping out with Cmin's gas money and I want a ride for sure. I say th people Cmin is giving a ride for should give him gas money. That could help him enter 0C3 too.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
This isn't a thread for posting about rides. Oregon people, wtf, post in OSM.

Josh - You'll just sleep through the entire tournament.

Simna - I think Bart is coming, so idk about your ride situation. I'll talk to you in the hub or on AIM later.

Regardless though, this isn't the thread to talk about who cmin is giving a ride to and who he isn't. Do that in the OSM thread or something.

A-mar: If you're going to 0C3, you can just give me the money at the door. If you can't go then I'm not sure how you'd get the money to me. PM me or AIM (my AIM is 'Aftermath rar') about it though and we can work something out.

a-mar

Smash Cadet
allright i will meet you at the door!!

also i would love the opportunity to play a match with you and hopefully get some pointers???

good luck at oc3, a-mar

Aftermath

Smash Champion
allright i will meet you at the door!!

also i would love the opportunity to play a match with you and hopefully get some pointers???

good luck at oc3, a-mar
Sounds good. And yeah, I'll definitely play you as much as you want and give you any advice I can.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Aftermath, I'll definitely spot you $10 or so. If I can, I'll try to donate more, but my money's real tight... I just want a few matches in return. I want to learn a few Samus tricksies from you.

Sorry you had to go through all this trouble.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Thanks Po Pimpus. That means I'm only $15 or so off of the entrance, which I might be able to cover myself, depending on how many more times I have to travel to where I'm moving. But yeah, hopefully you don't put yourself in a financial jam helping me out >_>

And I'll definitely play a bunch of matches with you and teach you whatever you want to know.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
James I'll make you a deal

I'm now in Oregon City and I'm stuck here for a while, so the only way for me to get you the money is to get to me. So..

If you come up here and play some friendlies with me and what not (Anyone else who wants to come is invited), I'll toss you 20$ instead, the extra 10 for gas money.

Sound good?

Top Bottom