• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help a new fox?

Mario Blanchard

Smash Rookie
i have been playing project M for a while now with lucario and i want to pick up a new character with a similar fast play style.I think fox is a good fit. What is some stuff I should learn first before learning the harder stuff.

Blade-Fox

Smash Apprentice
Get a good feel for the character. For many people, his "heaviness" throws them off. Once you got his movement down, I'd say move on to understanding his moveset. Get a good feel for each move, and then start moving on to things like SHFFLing and shine shenanigans.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Run around in training mode and know what you can do and when you can do it. Then you can start with combos and setups and everything else. Up throw up air is a good finisher and Usmash is your best friend on killing

xSTx

Smash Cadet
Just practice the basics to a point where it's muscle memory and you don't have trouble doing it.

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
Learning D-air shine into followups is key for mixing up your opponent, also learn movement options, since it's more than likely that Fox is faster than your opponent.

Last edited:

Boomhound

Smash Apprentice
Fox's biggest strength is his speed- learn all the advanced movement techniques such as short-hopping, L-cancelling, wave-dashing, dash-dancing, wall-jumping and wave-landing.
Without movement proficiency Fox is a useless character that gets combo'd and edge-guarded by the cast.

Cunning Kitsune's Fox guide on the melee forums is a great place to start as it goes into detail about Fox's basics along with the advanced techniques.

Top Bottom