• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Assuming no Monolith Soft retweet, Shulk.
I would like if they showed off more X, or some new modes in the Wii U version of Smash. Hyrule Warriors might get some time in the sun.
Don't think they are going to show anything X related, since it's focused on 3DS titles I believe. There may not be anything Wii U related at all.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What do you guys think we'll see in the Nintendo Direct in 10 hours?
Is it still Japan-only? That doesn't fill me with confidence that we'll see anything noteworthy. Stranger things have happened though.

It's shocking though, since you'd think they want one last Smash 3DS hurrah before the game releases in 2 weeks.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Is it still Japan-only? That doesn't fill me with confidence that we'll see anything noteworthy. Stranger things have happened though.

It's shocking though, since you'd think they want one last Smash 3DS hurrah before the game releases in 2 weeks.
Still is Japan only, unfortunately. Usually Sakurai also mentions a direct too if there's something big smash related, don't think he has though just like the one in July.

Last edited:

rogue_shade

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rogue_Shade
3DS FC
4210-4476-8602
I still have some confidence that a reveal trailer can happen tomorrow. We know we have at least another reveal trailer or two, based on how Sakurai worded it the last time we had a trailer. With 2 week until release, they don't have much time to show them off. Not to mention SSB3DS is one of the most anticipated 3DS titles for the rest of the year, so it'd be so strange not to include details.
With Nintendo being at PAX currently, maybe they'll showcase an english trailer then.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
It's not the game's fault that people were feeling "OCD". And I ignored the quest markers just fine in my first playthrough. :b
Yeah. I tried to explain to people that it wasn't the game's fault, but they weren't convinced. For the sake of the game's reputation—which Xenoblade had suffered the most—I'm glad they're improving the quest system so that other people won't be bothered by it.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I still have some confidence that a reveal trailer can happen tomorrow. We know we have at least another reveal trailer or two, based on how Sakurai worded it the last time we had a trailer. With 2 week until release, they don't have much time to show them off. Not to mention SSB3DS is one of the most anticipated 3DS titles for the rest of the year, so it'd be so strange not to include details.
With Nintendo being at PAX currently, maybe they'll showcase an english trailer then.
It would be a helluva
move to give one certain country a big reveal trailer first, I'd be so pissed if that happened.

rogue_shade

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rogue_Shade
3DS FC
4210-4476-8602
I could be wrong, but didn't E3 give the U.S. all those character trailers first?

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
It would be a helluva
move to give one certain country a big reveal trailer first, I'd be so pissed if that happened.
If you're worried, you can watch it I guess. I'm assuming it will all be in Japanese, but you could understand the images at least.
Although, the most I would expect from the direct is a reveal of a trailer date.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x17E0PCsrns

edit: Actually, with the amount of characters that need revealing I'm expecting a Smash direct >.>

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I could be wrong, but didn't E3 give the U.S. all those character trailers first?
Well that's unfair, if true.
If you're worried, you can watch it I guess. I'm assuming it will all be in Japanese, but you could understand the images at least.
Although, the most I would expect from the direct is a reveal of a trailer date.

edit: Actually, with the amount of characters that need revealing I'm expecting a Smash direct >.>
Oh hell no, not worth it. No way am I getting up at 6 AM to watch something in a language I can't understand.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Or we're just not getting every character revealed before release. That's actually the most logical explanation. Maybe 1-3 characters this weekend and another character or two in a Smash Direct, with the rest secrets in the main game.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Yeah maybe they'll talk Japan 3DS games during the direct and then show some smash, and then the smash part will be all translated and shown at PAX. Although Sakurai hasn't stated anything about it so who knows. Maybe he knows people expect reveals out of directs at this point.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah maybe they'll talk Japan 3DS games during the direct and then show some smash, and then the smash part will be all translated and shown at PAX. Although Sakurai hasn't stated anything about it so who knows. Maybe he knows people expect reveals out of directs at this point.
Well, there's a good chance we'll know about that with tonight's picture, anyway. (Although he hasn't been 100% on commenting about them beforehand, so...hmm.)

Well, at the very least, if they're doing a big behind-closed-doors build showoff at PAX, maybe we'll get something then.

It's just eerily close to the game's launch to not get at least one more reveal. Y'know?

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Or we're just not getting every character revealed before release. That's actually the most logical explanation. Maybe 1-3 characters this weekend and another character or two in a Smash Direct, with the rest secrets in the main game.
Nah, I argue it is most logical for there to be no hidden characters due to this:
http://kotaku.com/the-next-super-smash-bros-wont-have-a-story-mode-or-c-906856304

However, even if there are to be secret characters, I disagree with the amount of them that you are expecting. According to the leak, we still have 11 characters that are unrevealed. You expect 1-3 to be revealed and then the rest secret, making 8-10 secret characters (assuming leak is final roster). I'm thinking that if we were to have secret characters that the amount of them would be 5. My opinion on the matter is based from comparing the amount of characters in brawl, 35 or 39, to the amount of characters in ssb4, 48. Brawl was supposed to have 4 secret characters. I kind of unconsciously do this (although I never really consciously thought about it until now):
35/4=48/x makes x=5.49 or
39/4=48/x makes x=4.92
5 seems good.
In that case, 6 characters would still need to be revealed in these next 15-16 days. That could still be a direct, or it could be two newcomer trailers. Who knows...

Anyways, I know it seems like Sakurai doesn't intend to reveal all of the characters due to how slow things have been going, but these reveals aren't always spread out evenly. Sometimes the amount of reveals can be very concentrated in a short amount of time.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
So tomorrow should be interesting. We got a Direct tomorrow, but it's Japan only. We also got Nintendo holding a behind closed doors event for press only at Pax. They'll probably show the final build (but probably not the starting roster since Brawl's starting roster wasn't revealed until the day before release). So, will Nintendo show anything else? Hard to say. I doubt they'll show a newcomer in a Japanese only livestream, but could we get a newcomer at the behind closed doors event? There is precedent since that's how they revealed Pac-Man, of course it's best to go in expecting nothing, but with this week's potds being...lackluster (what's worse, menus or Smash Run?) and if that keeps up tonight, then I feel like something is going to happen soon.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
So tomorrow should be interesting. We got a Direct tomorrow, but it's Japan only. We also got Nintendo holding a behind closed doors event for press only at Pax. They'll probably show the final build (but probably not the starting roster since Brawl's starting roster wasn't revealed until the day before release). So, will Nintendo show anything else? Hard to say. I doubt they'll show a newcomer in a Japanese only livestream, but could we get a newcomer at the behind closed doors event? There is precedent since that's how they revealed Pac-Man, of course it's best to go in expecting nothing, but with this week's potds being...lackluster (what's worse, menus or Smash Run?) and if that keeps up tonight, then I feel like something is going to happen soon.
Yeah, I'm really interested in what is going to happen tomorrow. I was originally wondering if it would really be tomorrow or on Monday since the event runs from Friday to Monady and the GameXplain guy we got the info from said he didn't know when the closed door event would be.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127455146&postcount=4800

However, according to an article on Nintendo's site, the big smash bros #smashbash thing is going on Friday and Saturday
http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/YnL_BIVlm5OAPKrbcF1TaCJr72vc0fO6

So that narrows it down to Friday or Saturday. Friday seems the more likely, however, if it's anything like E3 was. Though, it still could be Saturday I guess :S

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Pic of the day showed nothing too new, and Sakurai doesn't hint at anything involving a characters reveal. The wait continues...

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping with all the mii costumes, we get shulk's hoodie as a costume.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
I'm hoping with all the mii costumes, we get shulk's hoodie as a costume.
Riki hat plz

Also, WEE WOO WEE WOO, Sakurai re-tweeted the Direct on twitter. Smash Bros. something now imminent, and I'll if I recall, there's never been a Direct with Smash in it that wasn't a reveal trailer :)

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Riki hat plz

Also, WEE WOO WEE WOO, Sakurai re-tweeted the Direct on twitter. Smash Bros. something now imminent, and I'll if I recall, there's never been a Direct with Smash in it that wasn't a reveal trailer :)
Well that certainly makes things a bit more...interesting!

Has Sakurai RT'd a direct that hasn't had Smash stuff? (Since the announcement, obviously)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm just going to go to sleep normally and assume there's no character announcement.

I just hope I don't miss all the hype if there is!

So, in case of Shulk reveal, save me some hype!

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Of all the playable characters left to be revealed before the Japanese launch, Shulk is the most logical conclusion to draw, especially when such an event occurs during a Japanese-based Nintendo Direct. The sooner the better - I just want to see more of Shulk's play-style and move-set potential (besides what was already shown in the ESRB leak).

Our journey has almost reached the end of its long-awaited destination.

Ragingtsunami726

Smash Cadet
So Monado Monday will be a real thing after all...

Wild yo.

EDIT: Ohmygod it's Friday and I'm sleep deprived. IGNORE ME.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
HOLY HELL WHAT. I really must've gathered a ****ton of good karma somehow, my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles just arrived... 8 days too early! WHOOP! Now I just have to find out whether or not I'll be at home the weekend and if so... then let's get the party started!

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
I'm expecting a Character reveal in the direct to be honest, and I think it's Shulk. Yes all characters have been in global directs, but this is the FIRST Japanese-Only General direct(Unless you count the third party publishers one) since Smash 4 was announced, all the other ones were themed. I think this is even the first Japanese general direct we've had as well.
Note:I count the 3DS direct as a General direct.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I don't think there's any definitive way to know for sure, so I'm trying not to raise my hopes too high. I wonder WHY exactly this is a Japan direct anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom