• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble with DJCWT

dodo828

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I'm trying to pick Bayo up and I am having difficulty with performing the DJCWT (Double jump cancel witch twist).

I am able to do it about 10-25% of the time but only in the air when it whiffs, and not when it actually hits something.

How are you guys knowing when to tap the jump button at the end of the first witch twist? Is there a specific timeframe I should aiming for to buffer the double jump?
What is the best control scheme for this? X or Y for the jump then back to B? Sometimes it feels too slow.
When you double jump, are you holding up or holding right to chase the DI away from the first WT?

Answers or encouragement appreciated - it seems difficult to pull off consistently.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Map jump to a shoulder button and make sure your opponent is above you far enough to connect.
Too close? Go for a Uair.

pancakemix31

Smash Rookie
NNID
pancakemix31
I'd say the easiest controller mapping for this tech is having jump on a shoulder button, but if that doesn't work for you then I'd try claw gripping your controller (middle finger of right hand on r, pointer finger for pressing x&y, and thumb for A and B.)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I was having trouble with this too so thanks for bringing it up

Top Bottom