• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble against Yoshi

dlen06

Smash Apprentice
In all my years of smashing, the character i've had the most trouble against is yoshi. I don't know what it is, but for some reason i just can't catch on to yoshi's moves and figure out how to beat them. Can anyone give me some tips on how to beat a decent yoshi?

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
umm...do you know advanced techs lol?

Yoshi generally shouldn't be too hard.

What are some of the problems you have when facing him? we need some more details.

dlen06

Smash Apprentice
I wavedash, but that's about the only technique i use frequently.

The main problem i have with yoshi is getting close and staying there long enough to get a combo in.
It could just be that the yoshi i play is just plain better than me, but i don't think so. I've been able to figure out most people i play and ways to beat them, but only people who play yoshi have ever managed to keep me guessing this long.

Gea

Smash Master
Let's see.... nair nair nair nair nair nair nair utilt nair nair nair dair.

There you go.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Yes, Nair does work quite efficiently on Yoshi.

If the Yoshi is CC happy, be very careful at low percents. Damage with SHFFL'd aerials into Nair if you nothing else. Try to be creative though. You MUST be cautious! At high percents, Yoshi is easy peasy. Keep 'em in the air. Nair, anyone? Gea basically got it right on.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
Nair be killerin' on Yoshi.
Also, stay the eff away from trying to beat Yoshi from a distance. That equals tongue assault.

The best way to dispatch any sort of Yoshi is to take the fight to the air. Like everyone said, Nair is death, and in my opinon Yoshi has one of the easiest jumps to edgeguard.

dlen06

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the help guys, i'll try these out next time i play.

Top Bottom