• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween

MarioAnIke

Smash Cadet
NNID
LuigiCheezburger
Ah, Halloween. What more perfect time to spend it than talk about creepy things in non-horror games. So, let's get started.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah.... This should be somewhere else...

D

Deleted member

Yeah... this thread might get locked since it doesn't relate to anything about SSB4. It should probably be in a different section of SmashBoards.

Before it gets locked though...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I am 100% positive K. Rool will be revealed on Halloween because of his costume-donning tendencies. :awesome:

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
We could make this topic smash related by naming creepy/scary things in Smash Bros or other Nintendo games.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The first time I saw Redeads was in Melee rather than a Zelda game, and I couldn't tell what the heck they were. I wasn't scared of them though, and immediately recognized them when I first saw them in Ocarina of Time.

Though, the first time I saw Wind Waker's version of Redeads I was quite startled.

Morbi

Scavenger
Jigglypuff is the scariest Pokemon. She has a costume fetish too. Halloween spirit is always prevalent with Dr. Jiggly Wiggly.

Morbi

Scavenger
Agreed.

And as long as we're talking about the Jiggs-
Those are really impressive. They might actually inspire me to attempt and do the same. I am not too artistic, but Jigglypuff isn't the most difficult creature to replicate. I did spend 2 years in art class, so that might be enough. Or... my sister can do it for me. She is actually an art major. This Halloween is going to be the BEST!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wish I had carved those Jack-O-Lanterns.

I might do a Jack-O-Lantern for King Boo this year though.

Which reminds me, I'm hoping the Animal Crossing stage will appear different based on the month, and the Villagers may be able to appear different as well! That would be awesome!

And perhaps DLC palette swaps and/or menu designs for different holidays, that would be cool too.

Morbi

Scavenger
I wish I had carved those Jack-O-Lanterns.

I might do a Jack-O-Lantern for King Boo this year though.

Which reminds me, I'm hoping the Animal Crossing stage will appear different based on the month, and the Villagers may be able to appear different as well! That would be awesome!

And perhaps DLC palette swaps and/or menu designs for different holidays, that would be cool too.
I always like it when games incorporate Holidays. So I would love that too. The Animal Crossing stage would look so cool if all of the Villagers were wearing Halloween Costumes. Christmas could have a Santa cameo. That would be so sick. Like a Jigglypuff that just inhaled anthrax.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
When was 10 years old i was scared of giga bowser i couldn't go to sleep that day. I thought he was looking at me in dark with that face.

D

Deleted member

Wallmasters and Floormasters from Ocarina of Time scared the crap out of me when I was first playing it. I lost my cool when I entered the Shadow Temple... and I was in that room FULL of Floormasters! I was scared with how they looked... how they moved... how they attacked. Just... UGH! Creepy!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wasn't scared of the Wallmasters or Floormasters Ocarina of Time, (though, I admit I was startled the first time a Wallmaster attacked me) but that Dead Hand mini-boss....urgh.....

D

Deleted member

I wasn't scared of the Wallmasters or Floormasters Ocarina of Time, (though, I admit I was startled the first time a Wallmaster attacked me) but that Dead Hand mini-boss....urgh.....
Oddly enough, I wasn't scared of Dead Hand. It didn't scare me at all.

finalark

SNORLAX
Let's get the generic stuff out of the way:

- Bottom of the Well/Shadow Temple in OoT
- Karazhan Crypts in WoW
- All of Majora's Mask
- Lavender Town
- Misc. Kirby final bosses

Now that that's out of the way, does any have anything new to add to that list?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Can you imagine a Slender stage in Smash?

Or, what about a stage from Amnesia: The Dark Descent?

(I'm not saying these are good ideas, I'm asking if you can imagine such things happening)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I watched a playthrough of a dream village from Animal Crossing: New Leaf called "Aika Village" the other day...

Anyone else know about it?

Top Bottom