• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guaranteed Reflect Edgeguard

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention in case it isn't known yet:

Poor video for demonstration purposes by courtesy of @Yikarur.

Yesterday I started wondering how Little Mac's side b fares against reflect, and it seems like reflect beats it consistently. He just doesn't penetrate the "wall" it creates.

Surprisingly to me, it turns out that reflect stops AT LEAST certain characters' Up Bs from sweetspotting the edge when timed correctly.

It just depends on how much control the characters have after their up b to move back to the edge after they've been affected by the weird momentum "boost" reflect creates.

So far Little Mac, Ike (Up B) and Mii Brawler (Up B 3) are confirmed to die to this. It does not work against Captain Falcon for example, he has too much air control after Up B.
I don't have my Wii U with me for 2 weeks to try it against the rest, but maybe someone here wants to check it out themselves.

This is all based on what Yikarur told me, he played around with it for a bit for me.

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
It's been known that Palutena's side B can kill like this, but I didn't really know that she could guard like this against other characters' up B. I've only done this to Little Mac's trying to do side B's back to stage.

I should try to do this more if people try to get back to stage with up B's.

Thanks!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yea I got my friend pretty mad with this the other day. Works with other characters when they don't sweetspot. Hilarious gimps.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Thanks for this :)

I remember when I first played Smash 4, I trashed a Marth by using her Fsmash's windbox when he missed the ledge.

Top Bottom