• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gingpot, Dingpot By The Bench, Who Is The Best Fighting Wench? Gruntilda Flies Into Battle!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Gruntilda the Witch, who can forget this old cow, I'm sure all players who played the n64 banjo-kazooie games remember her now. The Witch who was obssessed as being a beauty only to discover Banjo's little sister Tootie. She then kidnapped her which you then had to save her before she used her machine to suck her good looks into her. Grunty taunted Banjo and Kazooie with mean but amusing poems of scrutiny as they wandered around her lair collecting jigsaw pieces. She put up an epic fight at the end of the game and boy will you always remember her name, that old cow would not go down easily but once you beat her you could celebrate peacefully.

Gruntilda_(Banjo_Kazooie).png

Then came the sequel Banjo Tooie which she was now a skeleton after being stuck under a rock for 2 years, oh phooie. Now she wanted her true form back but also threatened to destroy jinjo village, that old hag. She zombified king jingaling with her Big'O Blaster oh what a terrible thing. She was out for vengeance no doubt and this time Banjo and Kazooie would really have to master their skills if they wanted to prevent more kills.

Skeleton_Grunty.png

So why would she be a good addition to Smash? well if her moves and spells aren't enough then Phil Spencer is to ask, after he mentioned Banjo-Kazooie's inclusion wouldn't be so bad. So if the Bear and Bird are able to make it then why not their main villain Gruntilda the Witch?

P.S. Did I mention she's one of the few memorable female villains in gaming? Just saying.

Just in case let's see what she offers for movesets

regular B can be one her regular green spells that hits her opponent
Side B she throws a super Golden spell which knock out multiple opponents
down B she can take out her Vulture like in banjo-tooie and use it as a gun that fires eggs
Up B she uses her Broomstick to fly and hit opponents nearby

Her Hag 1 can be a Final Smash where she gets into her vehicle and has lasers , bombs, and the drill going all over the place taking out every character in sight.

Here are clips of her in the game to show what I mean:

Grunty battle 1 in Banjo-Kazooie:

Grunty battle 2 from Banjo-Tooie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWwmUvUPCv0

Grunty in the minigame shootouts:

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Not really interested in the character, but that is a grim title.

I love it! <3

Last edited:
the rhyming. it's great.

don't forget she was in nuts and bolts as well, which i found swell. Although she wasn't villanous she was still ridiculous.

but yeah, assist trophy or boss would be more likely. . .at least if banjo had a chance

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
the rhyming. it's great.

don't forget she was in nuts and bolts as well, which i found swell. Although she wasn't villanous she was still ridiculous.

but yeah, assist trophy or boss would be more likely. . .at least if banjo had a chance
I don't count Nuts' N Bolts as a real Banjo-Game being how it was'nt anything like the last 2 or 3.

Maybe I need to add to my post, I think I'll do just that.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
You can't have the villain without the hero -
the number of times that's happened is zero!
Yea i agree, this thread is like...

"HURRAY lets get the bad guy from golden sun in this game"
-isaac isn't playable yet...

All posts in this thread must rhyme!
anything else would be a crime!

Banjo may not be smashing,
But gruntilda still wants to give a thrashing

The bear and bird are nice
but only them would not suffice.

They also do need a stage.
an abscence would make me rage.

magic is what she could toss,
at fighters because she is the stage boss!

But if you want more
well i have some in store

she could fight alone
many faces would she "pwn"

Banjo is a great game
and only one newcomer would be lame

So bring on the witch
She'll kick everyone into a big ditch

A combo pack of three
the bear, bird, and her all as dlc!

Wow i really have to much time.
I cant believe i made this rhyme.

I need to make a moveset for wonder red.
Unlike banjo his chance isnt entirely dead

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You can't have the villain without the hero -
the number of times that's happened is zero!
I could argue Donkey Kong was the villain in Super Smash Bros. 64 but he's considered a good guy now to many despite the contrary.
Yea i agree, this thread is like...

"HURRAY lets get the bad guy from golden sun in this game"
-isaac isn't playable yet...
Of course, every franchise needs a bad guy in it
-clearly you did'nt read what I mentioned in this. "Banjo's inclusin would'nt be so bad" That's if Banjo makes it then this villain should be had.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I could argue Donkey Kong was the villain in Super Smash Bros. 64 but he's considered a good guy now to many despite the contrary.

Of course, every franchise needs a bad guy in it
-clearly you did'nt read what I mentioned in this. "Banjo's inclusin would'nt be so bad" That's if Banjo makes it then this villain should be had.
Indeed I stand corrected! For my arguments can now be rejected.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Grunty's Lair would probably be a good stage choice as well, maybe a moving stage where you fight through different rooms before you reach the top.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
Grunty's Lair would probably be a good stage choice as well, maybe a moving stage where you fight through different rooms before you reach the top.
It would be hard to choose just one stage for banjo kazooie. I don't like too much changing and movement, and god forbid stagehazards which have been done to death.

I'd love to see , perhaps a click clock wood stage. Fight infront of Nabnutt's house. It would look pretty cool. And ofcourse change the seasons instead of the physical map itself.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Of course you could always put it on final destination mode if you don't want the movement or stage hazards.

But yeah, more than one BK stage would be nice and Click Clock Wood would be a good one too. Maybe Grunty Industries or Bubblegloop Swamp would be interesting too.

Last edited:

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
I feel like any stages discussed here could be copy pasted into the Banjo-Threadie. :p

I know Spiral Mountain is the obvious choice, and I would support it... But spiral mountain is never even a hub world, it's a map that you have to exit in order to get to the map that links all the levels together. It's simply Banjo's home. Nothing more.

You're probably going to shoot me for this, but I would like to see Banjoland as a stage.
Think about it, that is a level that does nothing but to pay homage to the N64. And it has massive areas and objects representing Mumbo's Mountain, Gobi's Desert, Freezeezy Peak, Click Clock Wood, Witchyworld, Clanker's Cavern, Cloud Cuckooland, and even the Jinjo statues from the end of the first game!

Freezeezy Peak snowman/scarf/hat, Witchyworld test of strength cacti, Castle Trove Cove palm trees, Cheato replica, picture of Lord Woo Fak Fak, Murals for Cloud Cuckooland, Click Clock Wood, and Monster Manor

Rusty Bucket Bay's S.S. Rustbucket & parts of the crane

Gobi Desert sand, several parts of Clanker from Clanker's cavern (tail, body, head, teeth), Hailfire Peaks Mildred the Ice Cube

I feel like any stages discussed here could be copy pasted into the Banjo-Threadie. :p

I know Spiral Mountain is the obvious choice, and I would support it... But spiral mountain is never even a hub world, it's a map that you have to exit in order to get to the map that links all the levels together. It's simply Banjo's home. Nothing more.

You're probably going to shoot me for this, but I would like to see Banjoland as a stage.
Think about it, that is a level that does nothing but to pay homage to the N64. And it has massive areas and objects representing Mumbo's Mountain, Gobi's Desert, Freezeezy Peak, Click Clock Wood, Witchyworld, Clanker's Cavern, Cloud Cuckooland, and even the Jinjo statues from the end of the first game!

Freezeezy Peak snowman/scarf/hat, Witchyworld test of strength cacti, Castle Trove Cove palm trees, Cheato replica, picture of Lord Woo Fak Fak, Murals for Cloud Cuckooland, Click Clock Wood, and Monster Manor

Gobi Desert sand, several parts of Clanker from Clanker's cavern (tail, body, head, teeth), Hailfire Peaks Mildred the Ice Cube
Im actually with you on this one.
in nuts and bolts banjoland was pretty fun

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

I'll admit the ideas not so bad but I think Grunty's Lair would make me more glad. IT could be a moving stage where it brings you to all the level areas in the game. monsters could attack you as stage hazards which would cause opponents more of a disaster. Still, I won't leave your suggestion out of the question.

Top Bottom