• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goku for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Sakurai in the past has made it very clear that Smash will not have anime/manga of any kind appearing. It's true that Namco Bandai has made countless DBZ games in the past but they are not the CREATORS of Dragon Ball franchise: Akira Toriayama is.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
*sigh* we gotta have one of those don't we. Oh well Wario Bros already said what should be said. It wont happen. Sorry.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just like Goku vs Superman, it won't ever happen but a man can dream...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My favorite characters are Piccolo, Fat Buu, and Kid Buu.

Piccolo is the one that should get into smash

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
As much as I love DBZ, unfortunately there is a zero percent that this will ever happen.

R.I.P Goku and the rest of the Z Fighters.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
While Goku has been involved with Nintendo with the Jump games. His game rights are with Bandai Namco and he is fourth party. Sorry I see Popeye with more chances and rights than Goku.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
While Goku has been involved with Nintendo with the Jump games. His game rights are with Bandai Namco and he is fourth party. Sorry I see Popeye with more chances and rights than Goku.
Did you know Namco Bandai are making Smash Bros 4?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, Popeye was supposed to be Nintendo's flagship character before they lost their rights to him, thus making Mario Popeye's replacement. Now that Popeye has become public domain, technically, Nintendo can throw in Popeye... if they really wanted to.

That said, I don't see Goku in Smash 4. I mean, it would be cool and all, and I can see his Super Saiyan form being his Final Smash, but I'm just not seeing it there.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Sakurai in the past has made it very clear that Smash will not have anime/manga of any kind appearing.
I shall now use your quote out of context to state that the reason we didn't end up with Bulbasaur or Charmander as the pokemon reps in the original smash is due to Jigglypuff and Pikachu's fame from the anime.

I can't think of anyway to make Goku still retain demi god status while balancing him out with the other fighters in the game.
If by some miracle a DBZ stage or Character managed to sneak into the smash bros. roster I hope it would be Piccolo or at least have a reference to him somewhere. But just cause he's mah favorite doesn't mean he's a good rep for the whole DBZ series. That's Goku hands down. (Maybe Kid Goku?)

In many popular fangames of smash bros. Goku has a spot in the roster...but then again so does Ichigo and Naruto...

D

Deleted member

Great, thanks to MasterWarlord, I want Nappa in Smash.
Thanks for making me wish for something that will never happen, MasterWarlord...-_-

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I shall now use your quote out of context to state that the reason we didn't end up with Bulbasaur or Charmander as the pokemon reps in the original smash is due to Jigglypuff and Pikachu's fame from the anime.
Did you really just compare an anime that couldn't have existed thanks to the games and that is also pretty much advertising the games with an anime that existed before it got any games?

The thing is Dragon Ball Z did not originate from a videogame. The Pokemon anime is really not doing much else but advertising the games (probably originally it didn't but nowadays that's what it's pretty much doing) and yes while It is true that Pikachu and Jigglypuff gained their fame from the anime, their still videogame characters because they appeared first in the GameBoy games before they hit the tv. Heck I'm willing to bet that even if someone like Psyduck became hugely popular from the anime it could have still become a playable character in smash bros because he still originated from a videogame. So long as the videogame character is popular or wanted, it doesn't matter how or what made him/her popular.

Even Inazuma Eleven characters have higher chances of getting a playable rep over Dragon Ball Z despite that their largely known from the anime, the fact that they originated from a videogame beforehand gives Mark Evans a higher chance then Goku. (But I'd rather have Professor Layton repping Level-5 who for your information, does not have an anime. Except for a movie but that came after the games)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Did you really just compare an anime that couldn't have existed thanks to the games and that is also a pretty much advertising the games with an anime that existed before it got any games.

The thing is Dragon Ball Z did not originate from a videogame. The Pokemon anime is really not doing much else but advertising the games (probably originally it didn't but nowadays that's what it's pretty much doing) and yes while It is true that Pikachu and Jigglypuff gained their fame from the anime, their still videogame characters because they appeared first in the GameBoy games before they hit the tv. Heck I'm willing to bet that even if someone like Psyduck became hugely popular from the anime it could have still become a playable character in smash bros because he still originated from a videogame. So long as the videogame character is popular or wanted, it doesn't matter how or what made him/her popular.

Even Inazuma Eleven characters have higher chances of getting a playable rep over Dragon Ball Z despite that their largely known from the anime, the fact that they originated from a videogame beforehand gives Mark Evans a higher chance then Goku. (But I'd rather have Professor Layton repping Level-5 who for your information, does not have an anime. Except for a movie but that came after the games)
^ This OVER 9000!!!

all right, lame joking aside, this pretty much explains why Goku or any other anime character will not make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom