• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Going to the EB Games Expo this weekend! Ask questions about featured Nintendo games and more here.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So on the Nintendo subreddit, I noticed there was a thread that would basically let people ask questions about different Nintendo games at EGX 2015 and OP would answer questions about those games they played

So since the EB Games Expo is coming up for me in Australia, I decided to make a thread with a similar purpose to the one described above.

The list of games that are going to be there and I can probably play:
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Splatoon
  • Star Fox Zero
  • Zelda Triforce Heroes
  • Yo-Kai Watch
  • Star Wars: Battlefront 3
  • Skylanders Superchargers
  • Battle Born
  • Just Cause 3
  • Tom Clancy's: The Division
  • Tom Clancy's: Rainbow Six Siege
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
  • Adventure Time Finn and Jake Investigations
  • Dark Souls III
  • FIFA 16
  • Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
  • Need for Speed
  • NBA 2K16
  • Forza Motorsport 6
  • Disney Infinity 3.0
  • Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
  • Halo 5
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
  • Street Fighter V
  • PlayStation VR
  • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel with Project Cars.
Note that I might not be able to get around to every single game that is there.

Also fyi, there are probably more games that will be there, Shovel Knight was unlisted for last year's Expo and it was there and Hyrule Warriors was as well iirc. If there are more that were more unlisted games on the Expo page at the Nintendo area specifically, I will add it to the list in the OP and update via posts on here.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd request you to look at ...

• Star Fox Zero
  • The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Trackers
  • Uncharted Collection
  • Battlefront 3

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Anything specific you want me to look out for in each game?
For the collection, I was wondering if you could tell if it plays like the originals. I haven't played the series but I plan on picking it up for my PS4 soon.

For Star Fox, I'd like you to see how the graphics are and how the motion controls work. Perhaps compare them to normal controls.

Is Triforce Trackers actually fun? Is it just Four Swords 3?

And is Battlefront 3 like the other two or has it changed considerably?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Since you guys didn't ask questions, I assume you just want first impressions like graphics, controls, things like that?
The basic feel of Dark Souls 3 and how it feels in comparison to other 2 Dark Souls games as well as Bloodborne.
Basically just a look at how halo 5 has changed since the beta, armour customisations and the general feel of some weapons like the Railgun, Plasma Caster and Forerunner weaponry.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
The basic feel of Dark Souls 3 and how it feels in comparison to other 2 Dark Souls games as well as Bloodborne.
Basically just a look at how halo 5 has changed since the beta, armour customisations and the general feel of some weapons like the Railgun, Plasma Caster and Forerunner weaponry.
No worries.
I haven't played Bloodborne, so most of my impressions will be in comparison to Dark Souls 2 :p

And on the Halo 5 part, I'm not sure if this is just the beta version or if this is a different version, I'll have to see what I can find out before the event :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And on the Halo 5 part, I'm not sure if this is just the beta version or if this is a different version, I'll have to see what I can find out before the event :p
According to some YouTubers the build is different to the beta with weapon tweaks and the like.
Plus the event build has WarZone.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This.
Also some observations about the level design would be nice. Looking for alternate paths, enemy placement, etc. Both Dark Souls 1 & 2 have hit-or-miss level design - so hoping that third time's the charm.
Also share anything that hasn't been in the other demos, like armor sets, weapons, and classes if applicable.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
According to some YouTubers the build is different to the beta with weapon tweaks and the like.
Plus the event build has WarZone.
Wait for real? :4link:? First time hearing this :p

This.
Also some observations about the level design would be nice. Looking for alternate paths, enemy placement, etc. Both Dark Souls 1 & 2 have hit-or-miss level design - so hoping that third time's the charm.
Also share anything that hasn't been in the other demos, like armor sets, weapons, and classes if applicable.
Was there anything in regards to Armour sets, weapons and classes that were in Dark Souls 1 but not in Dark Souls 2? I haven't played the first one, so it would be nice to know what I might need to immediately look for.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Was there anything in regards to Armour sets, weapons and classes that were in Dark Souls 1 but not in Dark Souls 2? I haven't played the first one, so it would be nice to know what I might need to immediately look for.
The demos I saw just had the default set on the default Knight, so anything you find besides that would be awesome.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Since Super Mario Maker, Splatoon, Infinity 3.0, NBA2K16, and I think Skylanders are out already, it seems kinda pointless to test them.

I echo Swamp's statements about Uncharted, as well as Star Fox Zero. Also, if you could compare Syndicate to another game in the AC franchise, would you say it's at least a step up from Unity? That's something I'm interested in.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Update: Street Fighter 5 playable at the EB Expo

Logitech also has a booth with the G29 Racing wheel, playable with Project Cars.
I don't care what you have to do, whom you need to kidnap or how you kill those in your way.

PLAY ZANGEIF!

Or ya know... R.Mika....

BUT ZANGEIF!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, will you be able to check if there's an option turn off the motion controls on the Star Fox demo? Also, please tell us how the new gamepad-with-TV targeting works. Thanks!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh yeah. Tell us how that hover thing vehicle works in Star Fox.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Dark Souls 3: Getting reports of some new stance (ready stance iirc). Basically gets you into a stance and you do flashy moves and stuff.
Source says that the straight sword's ready stance attacks are reminiscent of Dark Souls Straight Sword's special moves.

Gonna see how much of this is actually in the game and more tomorrow and such.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Didn't play Battlefront 3 or Halo 5 because lol 3 hour waiting lines.

Star Fox Zero's graphics seemed to get a bit of an upgrade compared to the E3 gameplay from what I can tell.
At little bit, not alot.

Motion controls seemed slightly awkward to use since they were on at the same time as the normal controls. They got a bit to get used too. They honestly feel like the Splatoon motion controls, feels smooth to use.

Motion controls can be disabled if wanted. Gamepad targeting seems unnecessary and forced in the boss fight of the Corneria stage.

Like idek why you can't just do the normal targeting without the gamepad targeting.

The Uncharted collection basically has all 3 games at 60 fps with every little frame drops in every game. Inverted controls not in the demo kinda bugged me since I play with the Y-axis on inverted. Anti-aliasing makes the games (first one especially) look sooo much more better overall. Plus iirc you can mess around with anti-aliasing and what not.

Will post more later.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Gonna double post since no one else replied and I want to type some more.

Since LoZ TH is having its online demos an what not, I'll start with this.

Single player is kind of meh, I'll be honest.

But with multiple people?

Bruh. I definitely went in skeptical because of some rumblings before the Expo, but damn you guys have to trust me when I say they have no idea what they are talking about. This game is insane and I love it XD :p

The game's controls were smooth, which really allowed me and the other 3 people not get our asses beat at the first boss since we had no clue what we were doing :laugh:

But once we did, we felt so accomplished, something we worked hard for. We were literally cheering when we beat the first boss :awesome:

Yo-Kai Watch I spent alot more than I thought I would've initially, the overworld controls were smooth, the battle system just... clicked for me as soon as I started my first battle. I really like the Soultimates thing they have where you have to traces different symbols or spin a wheel during battle. Really the one big thing that stands out from the "Pokemon and Yo-Kai Watch" comparison.

Both of the above game's graphics were fine imo, they looked pretty good.

Street Fighter 5 was great as expected :)

Now Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

This game Opossum Opossum definitely felt like a step up compared to Unity. Everything felt smooth and streamlined, especially the combat system after coming off from AC: Unity, 3 and 4. Graphically looks better based off of what I played. The only real complaint is how when sometimes the mc (forgot his name :p) would really take his time beating up thugs. Like, he would take 5 seconds beating up on this one guy... I'm not too sure how to describe it tbh :p
The demo also had inverted controls I could choose from, so that was a plus in my book.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This all sounds good.

Top Bottom