• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Going to Apex need some serious advice

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I've been playing Smash Brothers since the 64. But its only more recently that I've been wanting to join the tournament scene.

A friend going to the next Apex event said it would be a great start but I'm kinda nervous, I mean I play well in local job corps tournaments I host and play against quite a number of people but they aren't pros..

I'm nervous about even the silly things like stage striking and banning and messing up. But I want to join the scene and do it at least decently.. Even if I have no chance.

I've been working on quite a few advanced techinques.. Learned wavedashing in Melee and PM. Been watching videos of previous tournaments and characters and such.

In 64 I main Mario, with Ness and Kirby as back ups
In Melee, I main Link, with Marth and Peach as back ups
In Brawl, I main Marth, with Ike and Lucario as back ups
In Project M, I main Link with Marth, Roy, Ike Zelda, Mario and many many others as back ups

I use all sorts of characters beyond those but I feel those are my best.. So if you could impart some wisdom onto someone who is curious about joining the tourney scene but has little to no means to do local tournaments.. (Job Corps is kinda restrictive and I have to take Leave days just to get to Apex)

Top Bottom