• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's messy mafia madness | Day 3

Maven89

Smash Master
Spak is overeager and talking too much, seems like he's trying really hard to be seen as contributing

Moosy I don't like so far. Nothing but shoutouts to other players with some fluff.

Vult is good and I liked his post to show that I agreed with it.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Spak is overeager and talking too much, seems like he's trying really hard to be seen as contributing
I'm just excited to be playing Mafia again. I waited about two months for this game to start, and am chiming in where I think it's appropriate.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Shocklingly enough, I actually agree with Maven's most recent post as my thoughts towards the game so far. Sparky is a little too post heavy with not much coming about from his posts, but I can believe his reasoning as to him just being excited for the game to start since he was the liaison to get this game on the road.

I like Vult's posts because they are logical. With what I remember of Vult, this is pretty null for his posting style. I am okay with him for now and don't see very many things to discuss regarding his slot.

Though, there is not much to comment on things yet besides Sparky and Vult's mutual dislike of Moosy, but I am honestly more just reading it as them trying to move the game forward by using the first instance of something anti-town happening to try and net a read on Moosy or other players yet something seems off here for me because I do not see Moosy's actions as scummy, but as just plain anti-town.

That's what I have garnered from the beginning of the game. I don't have many questions as of the events that have transpired.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Why are you dodging all of the questions people are asking you?
Please cut the sarcasm and answer the questions.
i like you

I like Vult's posts because they are logical. With what I remember of Vult, this is pretty null for his posting style. I am okay with him for now and don't see very many things to discuss regarding his slot.
okay so... does this mean if darkpit59 flops and changes his vote, you have my back?

are you voting rn?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm on Orbo. (heh)

Well that's a hypothetical situation if I am reading what you are saying on Darkpit is correct. That would depend on where his vote would go/why. Yet, if you did say for someone to vote Darkpit (I believe, Sparky?) and therefore you find him to be towny if at all a little bit.

So his vote changing would equate to your opinion of him changing drastically or are you asking for me for backing you up on something else?

My apologies, a bit of wine tonight at my welcome home dinner if this is making my thought process a little hard to follow.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
My thoughts were actually pretty easy to follow.

We can still treat the voting system like RVS but we just have to be more careful with how many votes we lay down. I wanted to see what reads people would give to my suggestion that we vote for those we found we could trust.

My suggestion was also a bit of a trap. I wanted to see how easily people would follow with my plan and based on what reasoning. When I said I had some town reads, those were for people that reacted to my suggestion with suspicion. In this set-up, it's advantageous for Mafia to follow my plan and lay down a vote immediately for the most towny looking player. This lets them tie down their vote immediately and have to avoid being forced into a position where they have to vote for a teammate later down the line.

Out of the reactions, the only person to actively follow my suggestion was Vult, who was the read that dropped redder for me. Unfortunately, during the time that I was trolling he seems to have followed my line of reasoning on his own pretty well. Aka telling Spak to treat the voting system like RVS and finding Mafia by letting them vote for each other.

I'm just a bit ticked off that people are saying his thoughts are logical when I already said these things in my posts earlier on but \o/ whatever.

As for actual reads, I'm not gonna give any out yet lolol.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
!! There's a role called Guardian Angel folks !!

:o could I be it??
please dont do this
My thoughts were actually pretty easy to follow.

We can still treat the voting system like RVS but we just have to be more careful with how many votes we lay down. I wanted to see what reads people would give to my suggestion that we vote for those we found we could trust.

My suggestion was also a bit of a trap. I wanted to see how easily people would follow with my plan and based on what reasoning. When I said I had some town reads, those were for people that reacted to my suggestion with suspicion. In this set-up, it's advantageous for Mafia to follow my plan and lay down a vote immediately for the most towny looking player. This lets them tie down their vote immediately and have to avoid being forced into a position where they have to vote for a teammate later down the line.

Out of the reactions, the only person to actively follow my suggestion was Vult, who was the read that dropped redder for me. Unfortunately, during the time that I was trolling he seems to have followed my line of reasoning on his own pretty well. Aka telling Spak to treat the voting system like RVS and finding Mafia by letting them vote for each other.

I'm just a bit ticked off that people are saying his thoughts are logical when I already said these things in my posts earlier on but \o/ whatever.

As for actual reads, I'm not gonna give any out yet lolol.
maybe because he didnt try to layer it under three kinds pf cryptography and bait seven kinds of cray cray? Simplicity has its advantages

Maven89

Smash Master
You're posting as if you're still in it, though, and it's troubling. I don't remember you posting like that in the previous games

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Safe: Maven [Moosy], Spak [Vult Redux], Vult Redux [Darkpit54], Orboknown [#HBC | J], Darkpit54 [Spak]
Not Safe: Moosy, Red Ryu, #HBC | J, Rake

Not Voting: Rake, Red Ryu, Maven, Orboknown

:059:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't think I can really trust anyone, yet
I guess that I'll

Vote: Vult Redux

He voted for the person who was "obviously town"

(Although I'm not a very trusting person, they could both be mafia for all I know)

Has this changed from recent posts or is it more of less the same?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Also, the only reason I voted earlier was because I forgot this game had the alternative voting system. If I remembered that from the start, I woulda never voted.
Something seems off on this but I can't put my finger on what about it makes it bother me.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
1.)Rake
2.) Orbo
3.) Spak
4.) Maven
5.) Red Ryu :4charizard:
6.) J
7.) Moosy Doosy
8.) Vult Redux
9.) DarkPit

Green = town
Light green = town lean
white = null
Orange = mafia lean
Red = Mafia

Reads atm.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm on Orbo. (heh)

Well that's a hypothetical situation if I am reading what you are saying on Darkpit is correct. That would depend on where his vote would go/why. Yet, if you did say for someone to vote Darkpit (I believe, Sparky?) and therefore you find him to be towny if at all a little bit.

So his vote changing would equate to your opinion of him changing drastically or are you asking for me for backing you up on something else?

My apologies, a bit of wine tonight at my welcome home dinner if this is making my thought process a little hard to follow.

Hi J, lets chat!

Do you think Maven is ok right now? Anything in particular you think sticks out about him?

What about Spak?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Has this changed from recent posts or is it more of less the same?
Pretty much the same.

I trust Vult a little
I don't trust Moosy
No-one else has given me enough to go off of, yet...

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I am NOT used to not being able to edit my posts.:ohwell:

I really wish I could go back and put spaces between the lines (It's stupid, I know)

Oh well. I'll get used to it eventually...

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
aw crap I thought that role in the OP was an example. :V now people will be mad if I vehemently defend darkpit's innocence.

i kind of like Moosy now because of #215 but I'm not really sure whom we should target alternatively.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
aw crap I thought that role in the OP was an example. :V now people will be mad if I vehemently defend darkpit's innocence.

i kind of like Moosy now because of #215 but I'm not really sure whom we should target alternatively.
Honestly, I'm still a bit concerned about Moosy. He's been joke-posting pretty much the entire game (even after the "lol b8ted" post,) and I don't remember Moosy joking about the possibility of being scum every other post last time I played with him.

Top Bottom