• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting owned like a noob when trying to own them noobs with the Mega Buster!

1FC0

Smash Lord
How do you use Mega Mans Jab and Ftilt without getting owned like a noob? I consider picking Mega Man as a secondary because after R.O.B. he is quite awesome but whenever I use his Jab or Ftilt the opponent just walks to me and proceeds to own me like I am a noob even though I hit them because the cooldown lag is longer than their hitstun!

Whenever I lurk here everyone is like Megamans "lemons r best" it is like all you guys ever say I bet that if Smashboards would get hacked and the hacker would change all the topic titles here to "mega lemons r best" and all posts to "i luv mega lemons" then you guys would not even notice because it would hardly make any difference with how the Mega Man boards are now.

But if mega lemons are so great then how do I use them?
Especially his Ftilt looks useless to me because every time I use that I just walk to the opponent with a move that has the hitstun of Fox Laser and the cooldown lag of Rest ready to get get owned as punishment for my fait in Ftilt.

Also I have another question why does Mega Man only fire 3 shots in his Jab, Ftilt, and Nair?

Last edited:

MegaBlaster1234

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Srib64
Mega Buster is his best tool because you can move and JUMP whenever you shoot. Mega Buster is for racking up damage and interrupting the opponent, but if you never jump away after shooting you'll suffer lag every time.
You're supposed to jump and stay mobile whenever you shoot.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Indeed. With much of Mega Man's arsenal you need to be careful when you use his attacks, unfortunately. Use gorilla warfare, attack and jump away waiting for an opportunity to strike back hard.

Like his games, using Mega Man is difficult and takes practice. He was made with that fact in mind. Every aspect of him draws influence from his games, including his three lemon bursts. In his games he can only shoot three lemons at a time unless he is near the edge of a screen or if a lemon hits an enemy. In both of these cases he can keep shooting rapid fire without end until those conditions change.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Thanks guys that sounds like solid advice !
Also I never knew Mega Man only had 3 Mega Lemons I wish that R.O.B. had 3 Gyro's though or 4 I think that 4 would have been better like Diddy's bananas if there are 2 Diddies in SSBB !

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
you will have struggle with mega man because landing a killing blow against a pro player is very very hard. I'm still working on my killing moves, maybe someone can give me advices besides the angled diagonal metal blade > utilt, because every pro player knows how to evade that.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
You either have to get a hard read and punish (preferably with dsmash or fsmash). Either that or kill them off stage. Do not let them return.

Top Bottom