• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting onto the stage from the ledge

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Some of this might be common knowledge but I figured I'd put it on just in case people don't know about it.

When you press jump while hanging on the ledge you jump up and get a few invincibility frames. If you press jump twice in rapid succesion you can execute attacks out of this and keep those few invincibility frames. In general I find this to be more useful than Lucas's ledgehop because of the way a few of his moves work.

If you press jump twice and as soon as you begin the second jump use Lucas's dair you can very easily hit people who are close to the edge and almost always hit with every hit of it including the spike at the end. Because of the very few invincibity frames you get it's hard for them to hit you before you hit them with this.

If you do the same thing but instead of using dair use Lucas's down B, you will pop onto the ledge and can hit enemies with the hit box of the magnet. Just be careful of spacing. The invincibility frames are really obvious for this one. Some attacks will just go right through you. You can do the same thing with PK Thunder as well but it's kind of hard to make use of this. They really need to be pretty much right on top of you for it to hit them before they can hit you and if you're in that position you're probably better off with a dair.

Turns out Lucas has a strong ledge game.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
yeah it's really useful. Works great with Lucas's nair too.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Check the Ness board every once in a while. It's a lot better maintained and a lot of stuff carries over to Lucas. And actually really just check other character specific boards in general because a lot of character specific techniques can be used or modified for other characters. Figured out how to do this from a thread on the fox board which talks about the same thing only using the shine.

Manu

Smash Cadet
Lucas as a character is so interesting. I'm learning something new everyday I come onto the forums. My ledgegame is pretty weak, and I play a Snake who loves to study PsychoMidget so as a Lucas I feel like I'm play an imitation of a pro while using a noob character. I love it when people contribute like this because on average Lucas doesn't have a pro which people can study.

Top Bottom