• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting more than one hit with the Dsmash

Tnova

Smash Rookie
Is there some sort of trick to doing this? It seems like whenever I use it I usually only get one or two hits before they go flying.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
There's is no trick... your opponent has to hold down to get caught in it.

There's also cases where you might get 2-3 hits, like when you dsmash on slanted ground, or when you dsmash on a platform and your opponent jumps into it from under.

I see you're tryin to **** ppl... good luck with these tips

Angry Scot

Smash Rookie
I agree with BigRick, since only n00bs will be holding down to rack up damage on themselves. Dsmash is great for giving you space though, as it takes just one hit at mid-percentage to send the opponent flying.

TBag

Smash Rookie
If you throw a turnip in the air and time the d smash right they will get hit by the turnip in the middle of the smash and get caught in it longer.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Also the fast fallers get hit by it twice in their lower percents. Falco pretty much gets ***** by it.

The turnip throw is pretty much only for Shield break punishments though.

TBag

Smash Rookie
Ya i use it after the mr. saturn ***** their sheild, If smash throw the turnip up then wait a littl ebit, you can make them get caught in a fully charged d smash

Top Bottom