• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Must Play Games to Play Before Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I finally have money I will be spending towards some gaming, and boy will I be spending it.
I will likely be going a bit insane to catch up on a ton of games I have wanted for some time- this includes the obvious one Mario Kart 8, but the other ones that I will definitely be getting, such as Super Mario 3D world, and DK Country Tropical Freeze.

Yet as I was scouring the shelves at many other likely buys, and it has been a while for me since I've bought a game as I've not even been traveling with my systems since I left NYC last year, I have many vibrant options of story, aesthetic, character, ways to bond with people in real life or play alone to have a truly artistic experience. I reminded myself that gaming is awesome.

Now that I quickly got that backstory out of the way, I also realized, Smash comes out soon, and there
are plenty of characters I could get a bit more time getting to know! I did this with Play Station All Stars Battle Royale (though post game, and it did make the experience much more fun) and I must say, I am a bit lost.
I am far behind in some regards- I still have yet to play some classic games, and even DKCR, Yarn Kirby, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Yoshi's New Island, are cheap enough to buy. There are of course games such as Wonderful 101 and Rhythm Heaven Fever which look delightful and could offer insight to new characters, who likely are not in the game (who knows until confirmed; I think I will stay away from that route, not getting into speculation here or what a trophy potd mans)... and I have not even commented on having never played a Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, nor Kid Icarus game.
Sometimes I feel as though I understand the mythos of Zelda and Metroid more so than the actual games themselves, to which I've only played a handful,

I do not mean to make this all about me, but for any person- what games, both before launch, and in general even if the game were already out, would you recommend another play to better enjoy smash bros? You can explain as if the person has never played any Nintendo game (then explain why they are on this forum), or just from Brawl to this game. You can list series specific, overall, for a specific character- really in any niche of answering the question, "WHAT NEEDS TO BE PLAYED TO LOVE SMASH BROS?"
It is a very open ended question

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Well... I think at least Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing (any) should be played.
Also, I think some recent games are better because is easier to find them...
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 (1 is better if you want to know more about Rosalina)
Zelda Wind Waker
Metroid Prime Trilogy (not a easy one to find)
Metroid Other M (it's not soooooo bad)
Pokémon XY
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Zelda Skyward Sword
Zelda Twilight Princess

Some retros I could suggest?
Super Metroid
Earthbound
Donkey Kong Country 1,2,3
Mega Man 7
Mega Man X
Yoshi's Island

Not so retro...
Paper Mario
Paper Mario TTYD (thinking on Paper Mario as a newcomer here LOL)
Super Mario 64
Yoshi's Story
Donkey Kong 64
Zelda Ocarina of Time (almost essential)

But for me the most essential is Super Smash Bros. 64

And... I will be playing Bayonetta 2 a lot until the Wii U version releases

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well, I did in fact just buy the first two games of my spree.
The first is (rather irrelevant, but always important to have) Mario Party 9.

And the second was Super Mario 3d world.
Well, the third then would be Rayman Legends.

So, this is the first hub to understand more characters, though honestly it's just a game rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom