• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Hype Monthly #7 - March 16th, 2013 - Albany, Louisiana

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Tournament Details:
***I (Bomber) will most likely be out of town this weekend (the weekend of the 16th) and won't be able to attend, but my co-TOs are more than capable of running the Brawl tournament. If anything, all they will need help with is seeding which I know you guys will be more than happy to help out. Feel free to ask me any questions prior to the tournament day, otherwise, I won't be answering texts regarding the tournament that day***

28550 LA Hwy 43
Albany, Louisiana 70711
Doors open: 11 am
Tournament starts: 12:00, no later than 12:30
Venue fee: $1
Tournament Fee: $5 per tournament
Payouts: 70-20-10, unless there is a tournament with less than 12 people then it will become 70/30 (also assuming a bracket can be made). The Smash tournaments will be the only exception to this rule. Smash will remain at 70-20-10.

*PAY-OUTS*
I'm challenging everyone in the Louisiana Smash community to make it to this event. I want to see no less than a decent turnout for Get Hype. So here's that is going to happen. Whichever event gets the most people will get the most people payed out:

****IF WE GET 15+ PEOPLE FOR AT LEAST TWO EVENTS****
Most contestants:
1st=50%
2nd=25%
3rd=15%
4th=10%

2ndd most contestants:
1st=70%
2nd=20%
3rd=10%

Everyone else:
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

This is a Smashcon sponsored event. As such, the top placers will earn points that go toward their credit for the convention hosted in winter for the Brawl tournament.

1st- 6 pts
2nd- 3 pts
3rd- 1 pts

Tournament Organizer Notes:
-We will not accept any bills larger than $10 and nothing less than $1.
-No alcoholic drinks or illegal substances allowed.
-If you are late for the tournament we will not add you once we close registration. The only exception is if you call ahead and inform a TO that you will be reasonably* late. *reasonably: 10-15 minutes, no more than that. If 10-15 minutes goes by and you still aren't around and your match is called, after 5 minutes you are DQ'd.
-The TO has the right to disqualify someone from a tournament; like if someone is causing too much trouble or other forms of nonsense, will result in a disqualification.
-The TO's have made the rules and they won't change*. If they bother you that much, simply do not attend the tournament. *Rules will only be changed if something was mistakenly left out, they will not be changed because of personal preference.
-Please bring set-ups for anything you can. We (the TO's) will be able to supply for one or two tournaments, so please contribute and help make this tournament run smoothly.

TO Contact info:
If you call or text us, tell us who you are and how long you will be, and for which tournament you will be entering.
Jarious Holiday: Cell- 985-634-2360

Super Smash Brothers Melee
- Items are set to off.
- Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
- Double Blind*: If elected.
- Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
- Neutral Start*: If elected.
- Standard DSR*
- Gentleman’s Clause*
- Forced Character Selection*: Off
- Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.
Stage list:
Neutral: Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story
Counter pick: Pokemon Stadium
Extra Rules
- Wobbling IS allowed, but it must not go beyond 200% to prevent excessive stalling.
- Kirbycides count towards the Kirby winning the match.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Normal Match: best 2/3 games; Grande Finals: best 3/5 sets of best 2/3 games*
*If there is a time constraint, we will cut the sets down to best 2/3.
3 stocks, 8 minutes time limit
Meta-Hybrid Rule: Metaknight is banned unless agreed upon by both players
Items turned off
In the event of a tie in stock, the person with the higher percent loses
Stage list:
Neutral- Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 1
Counterpick- Castle Siege, Lylat Cruise, Battleship Halberd, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon,

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)
Double Elimination Tournament
Best 3 out of 5. (Finals Best 4 out of 7)
Loser may switch teams. Winner may not.
No Simple Mode. 99 seconds.

Top Bottom