• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Hype Monthly #6

How would you rate your overall experience at Get Hype #6? 1 being the worst, 10 being the best

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bomber7

Smash Hero
This was the best Get Hype I've ever had the pleasure of running! Thank you so much to everyone that came out to participate. I was really surprised to find out we had people from Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida come out for Melee. Brawl had a fantastic turnout and I hope to see the same kind of turn out in the future. Great job guys! I made a poll to get your feedback on how well you enjoyed the tournament. Rate us with a number and list any comments you have please.

Shout-outs to Gunner because he had all the intense matches and I feel bad for all you guys who couldn't see them.

Anyway, here's the results:

Brawl: (15 entrants)
1. Jnig ($37.50)
2. Brawlman1000 ($18.75)
3. MAR the Best Diddy ($11.25)
4. Gunner ($7.50)
5. Ragnarok
5. Juggolo
7. Phil
7. Andrew
9. Adam
9. Troy
9. Holden
9. Bomber
13. Bryan
13. Jerome
13. Andy

Melee Doubles: (4 teams)
1. EggRolls in my Watermelon ($24.00)
2. Red Team ($12.00)
3. One Unit ($4.00)
4. Zack and Andy

Melee Singles:
1. Ragnarok ($24.00)
2. Roboturner ($12.00)
3. Zone ($4.00)
4. Andy
5. Arzak
5. TrillPillz
7. Mark
7. The Boss

HoldeN HoT FiyA

Smash Apprentice
It was a ton of fun! Very good experience for my first tournament (besides getting rocked my brawlman, pretty sure his Sonic's on some type of steroids)

MountainGoat

Smash Journeyman
I'm Mark from melee singles and doubles (One Unit). Gonna do some shoutouts

1. Ragnarok- Your mario was freaking sick man. Never seen a fireball snipe like yours against zone. Wish we had gotten to play you seemed cool.
2. Roboturner- Wish we had played more you had a sweet Fox.
3. Zone- Really enjoyed our doubles friendlies. Sorry I was such a feeble challenge in singles lol. I completely fell apart in the second game. You had a pretty sweet edgeguard on me in that game though some kind of crazy nair offstage into even further offstage shine. Your Zelda is pretty cool
4. Andy- Nice job on getting number one from NOLA crew. I'm still gonna falco ditto you next time lol
5. Arzak- I feel like I didn't really play you much. Your Ganon was looking strong but interested to see if you stick with him or not.
5. TrillPillz- Ma boi. Let's continue to get better at doubles together. Nice job on the doc money match lol
7. Mark- I suck
7. The Boss- Had some fun doubles with you man. Don't see many pikachu players so that was cool

All in all somewhat disappointed by turnout but it was a good time. Also this is the first time I've won money so that was kinda cool even if it was two dollars..

Griffard

Smash Ace
This tournament was very fun. Little disappointed by turnout but not too surprised considering SWF was down. Think the venue would have been way too small for a larger turnout though. Lost to the players who were the top 2 - Ragnarok sorta blew me up, Roboturner, really enjoyed our set, I'm going to get you next time! Shoutouts to those I played friendlies with, Zone, thanks for the MM despite you not playing Doc lolz. All in all, glad I came, feel like I improved, and minimal salt! Small but good event.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i think he went zelda for 2 games, I ended up winning that set 3-1, and in winners he 4 and 3 stocked me with zelda. It took me completely by surprise.

Once again it was nice playing with the New Orleans crew. If any of you guys are Every Time I Die fans I'll be in new orleans this saturday.

D

Deleted member

Yeah i think he went zelda for 2 games, I ended up winning that set 3-1, and in winners he 4 and 3 stocked me with zelda. It took me completely by surprise.

Once again it was nice playing with the New Orleans crew. If any of you guys are Every Time I Die fans I'll be in new orleans this saturday.
yolo

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Glad to see so many people from just about everywhere show up, both new and old people, for both Brawl and Melee. I hope you new guys come to many more tournies in the future! Definitely a step in the right direction.

Shoutouts to Ragnarok for giving me a legit scare in tourney, holy crap I was not ready for your Diddy, sooooooo aggressive! And to Brawlman for defeating me in a MM, though good luck beating me again.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to freaking 5. Juggolo's rob. Scared the **** out of me....
JNig trying to fuel the hype fire, and doing a damn good job. Can't wait for our next sets.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
SHOUTOUTS!!!

JNig: GGs man. Stay on yo game cuz I'm coming for u!:smirk:

Bman: Good **** son!

MAR: GGs. Pretty sure u would still body my Sonic tho lol. Our LFs set was so hype 10/10 can't wait to play u again.

Gunner: This man bringing sooooo much hype to this tourney. I was on the edge of my sit during all of your matches especially game 3 with Juggolo to good man ggs.

Juggolo, Phil, Jerome: Had fun playing with u guys after the tourney can't wait to see y'all again.

Bomber: Awesome tourney bro!

Holden: Yeah my Sonic is pretty crazy haha.

Closing statements: My Falcon is godlike, Phil is to good at spiking ppl, had lots of fun, best Get Hype ever, looking forward to the next one I'm out.

Top Bottom