• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Get a score too high in a single player mode, it'll get deleted upon going online

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Apparently I got a score so high in All-Star with Ness, it broke the GSP, as its GSP was ranked at 0, despite being well beyond my other scores. So I go online to update the GSP, to see if that would fix the 0 GSP ranking. Instead, I got a message stating I had "irregular save data" and was then kicked off. After being kicked off, I try going online again, this time successfully. However, when I go check back on my high All-Star score with Ness after going online, it was apparently erased, with Ness now having a score of 0 (but still listed as my high score).

Here's a screenshot of it before I went online:

And here's a screenshot of it after going online:

Robin is highlighted to show how the broken score compared to my highest score after it.

So has this happened to anyone else, or am I the first one this has happened to?

Last edited:

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
perhaps its a glitch that has yet to be fixed? But that is quite odd regardless.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Might be some kind of anti-cheating system that decided the score was too good?

There was the bug with Peach where you'd get kicked and banned for using Down B and getting a turnip.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
That is such ****, lol. Good job breaking the GSP though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is there any reliable place to report bugs like this? This honestly a pretty terrible bug that should be fixed ASAP.

I know a lot of people don't care about GSP and high scores and stuff but honestly, it would be awfully ****ty if someone legitimately tried to get a really good score on a mode, and through great practice they achieve it, only to have the online mode assume they were cheating.

The glitch might have something to do with the game giving you a GSP greater than than the actual number of registered players, hence, it thought your data was irregular.

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
Yikes, that's brutal. I would be so ticked off if that happens to me. Somehow I doubt there's a way for them to somehow give it back to you too. At least you have photo evidence of it, though.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I think now you get to brag about being so good at Smash that you got banned from playing online.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Omega Tyrant OP PLZ NERF says online.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
Didn't you hear? If you buy a physical copy of SSB43DS in Ireland, in the instruction manual it says that the game dosen't save any of your single player scores unless you played as Wiggler from the Mario Series. Quite a shame, I know, but Wiggler is cool.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Didn't you hear? If you buy a physical copy of SSB43DS in Ireland, in the instruction manual it says that the game dosen't save any of your single player scores unless you played as Wiggler from the Mario Series. Quite a shame, I know, but Wiggler is cool.
can confirm this, even though I bought the digital copy :p
maybe that's why physical copies are so stupidly overpriced here?

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Well, at least this confirms they have a countermeasure of sorts against those morons who try to edit their scores to have a higher GSP, though it's evidently flawed if it does it to legit scores.

Doubt it can do anything about the people who use hacked equipment in Classic and Smash Run, though...

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
That moment when you're soo good that the score breaks; do you remember your GSP before the glitch? Maybe one of the numbers was so high that the system rolled back to zero. Anyway, I hope there's a patch for this, seeing a good score deleted and your data marked as "irregular" feels awful

Last edited:

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
How do you even get a score that high? Lol, but it's stupid that your score was reset for doing too good.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Just out of curiosity, why do you have a screenshot of your record high before it got formatted? You didn't know it would get formatted, right?

EDIT: nvm, it was probably for your GSP, huh.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
How do you even get a score that high? Lol, but it's stupid that your score was reset for doing too good.
Exploiting the fact that your damage bonus can still exceed how much points you get from your time bonus, so I spent each round just damaging an opponent without KOing them until the final second, racking up as much damage as possible, to see how high of a score and GSP I could get.

Just out of curiosity, why do you have a screenshot of your record high before it got formatted? You didn't know it would get formatted, right?

EDIT: nvm, it was probably for your GSP, huh.
Yes, it was for the GSP, I was going to show off to my Region's facebook group "hey, I broke the GSP", but decided to see if going online would fix the 0 GSP, and instead, it gave me something even more interesting to show off.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Exploiting the fact that your damage bonus can still exceed how much points you get from your time bonus, so I spent each round just damaging an opponent without KOing them until the final second, racking up as much damage as possible, to see how high of a score and GSP I could get.

Yes, it was for the GSP, I was going to show off to my Region's facebook group "hey, I broke the GSP", but decided to see if going online would fix the 0 GSP, and instead, it gave me something even more interesting to show off.
I didn't know that's how points worked...
Today you've taught me both how to get a high score in All-Star and why I shouldn't bother to in the first place.
thx a bundle

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Today you've taught me both how to get a high score in All-Star and why I shouldn't bother to in the first place.
thx a bundle
Yes, the Classic/All-Star scoring is pretty dumb and just encourages gaming the system rather than actually playing skillfully. They should have brought back those Melee point bonuses (why were they ever cut in the first place?), and cut the damage bonus out altogether (it's not an actual indicator of how well you played and just encourages the aforementioned abuse).

Aurafox1

Smash Cadet
It could possibly be an anti-cheating measure designed to keep the GSP balanced and protect from hackers? There might be a certain point at which they didn't expect players to be able to legitimately reach and deletes the score if it's above that?

fehector

Smash Cadet
Hi Guys. I played classic for days, only to get a score about 1,102,000 Points. Then i started online and the system told me i have irregular datas )::::: and when i went beack to classic it was deleted but the charakter still appeared as place 1. Btw after i finished my highscore walkthrough the gsp was somehow 0, but at the moment i found that funny. It appears later, it broke somehow the gsp.

How can they not expect, that someone gets this few points.Hell in theory u can even have much more. maybe the 1,100,000 is the trigger where it gets automatically banned, but that is stupid. And my example shows that this thing not only is happening in allstar, maybe overall.

What was i playing for? ):::: I am going to sell this beloved game with a mode i had so much fun, because my work for nothing.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
Hi Guys. I played classic for days, only to get a score about 1,102,000 Points. Then i started online and the system told me i have irregular datas )::::: and when i went beack to classic it was deleted but the charakter still appeared as place 1. Btw after i finished my highscore walkthrough the gsp was somehow 0, but at the moment i found that funny. It appears later, it broke somehow the gsp.

How can they not expect, that someone gets this few points.Hell in theory u can even have much more. maybe the 1,100,000 is the trigger where it gets automatically banned, but that is stupid. And my example shows that this thing not only is happening in allstar, maybe overall.

What was i playing for? ):::: I am going to sell this beloved game with a mode i had so much fun, because my work for nothing.
You're selling it because a score got reset? You bought the game to play Classic mode? It's just a score that nobody is going to see except for you.

fehector

Smash Cadet
So everytime i get a score in classic over 1,100,000 and a score in all-star about 5,000,000 in allstar ( my highscore is very close), it is getting automatically deleted? Tell me is this suppossed to be fun? And you are right i am playing to see it myself, but how if there is 0 written now. How i am going to see it?

It is not only the classic mode, as u can see by the example of the threadmaker. Same goes for possibly all disciplines. You are being punished for playing good.

You can only understand it, if u did a amazing score yourself, otherwise u will think, it isnt important

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
So everytime i get a score in classic over 1,100,000 and a score in all-star about 5,000,000 in allstar ( my highscore is very close), it is getting automatically deleted? Tell me is this suppossed to be fun? And you are right i am playing to see it myself, but how if there is 0 written now. How i am going to see it?

It is not only the classic mode, as u can see by the example of the threadmaker. Same goes for possibly all disciplines. You are being punished for playing good.

You can only understand it, if u did a amazing score yourself, otherwise u will think, it isnt important
I feel bad for those who are getting their scores reset, really I do. And to be honest, no, I haven't gotten any amazing scores because I typically don't try to go for one. I play classic mode, finish it, and move on to the next character, I haven't played classic since I finished it with the last fighter. (I really don't even like the classic mode in this game, I prefer Melee's classic mode above all.) Even if I had my score reset, I wouldn't go as far as to sell the game.

fehector

Smash Cadet
yes its a ton **** of grinding. still u need good equipment, experience and a bunch of luck. The melee messure of skill was better, only the final boss became boring after a time, because it is easy.

I dont want to sell it, i fell in love with this game, all modes and the online 1 vs 1 glory experience. But i dont have a other choice. the allstar , smash run and the classic mode are the main part of the offline experience and the trigger for cheaters is set to low, honestly. a cheater would just write 99,000,000 or something or with less help like tools getting far higher scores. i wanna be repayed for being good, not marked as a cheater. My Goal to get over 1,100,000 with several charakters became at that point useless. Same goes for allstar.

So guys, if some1 had the same issue as we both, pls report and tell your score and the mode u played.

If u get this high:

over 1,100,000 classic
over 5,200,000 all-star

U are detected as cheater and even oflline the gsp shows you 0. The first time u join online your score is gonna be eliminated, so avoid it.

Aurafox1

Smash Cadet
I imagine this is an issue that will be patched eventually. I can't imagine Nintendo ignoring such a huge flaw.

CharZane

Smash Apprentice
Is there any reliable place to report bugs like this? This honestly a pretty terrible bug that should be fixed ASAP.

I know a lot of people don't care about GSP and high scores and stuff but honestly, it would be awfully ****ty if someone legitimately tried to get a really good score on a mode, and through great practice they achieve it, only to have the online mode assume they were cheating.

The glitch might have something to do with the game giving you a GSP greater than than the actual number of registered players, hence, it thought your data was irregular.
That's false, I believe. I've got a 100-man melee score of under 2 minutes 20 with several characters who all display the same GSP-- even the ones under 2 minutes. If a gap of 30 seconds without a single digit of changed GSP doesn't mean I've run out of people, I don't know what could... Though, perhaps it could be confined to All Stars mode somehow? Or perhaps multi man melee is capped, but not All Stars, meaning it hit some sot of score overflow error that, irrelevant to GSP, caused some issue? Not sure...

Sorry for the poor quality, but thought adding a picture made for a good comparison, as with the OP.

Actually, in retrospect, that's actually surprisingly good quality for a phone pic... hell, if the quality's that good, I could start up a youtube channel with my little hand camera, if getting the 3ds motionless was feasible or such. Hm...

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
thx a bundle
This got a laugh and then some. Thank you both.

As for what's going on with the scores... if that's the case, that's absurd... and it's obnoxious Nintendo would make a big deal about the GSP to begin with. The way GSP works is a huge safety net for the ego of someone playing casually though and something that will rarely make anyone feel less about themselves as it's not a true ranking... So from a marketing standpoint and from the ground that you want as many people happy as possible, which is fine, it makes sense. But scores are competitive by nature... so this anti cheat idea is crazy. If that's actually what's taking place here and not a bug with your SD or cart Nintendo has some splainin.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
That's false, I believe. I've got a 100-man melee score of under 2 minutes 20 with several characters who all display the same GSP-- even the ones under 2 minutes. If a gap of 30 seconds without a single digit of changed GSP doesn't mean I've run out of people, I don't know what could... Though, perhaps it could be confined to All Stars mode somehow? Or perhaps multi man melee is capped, but not All Stars, meaning it hit some sot of score overflow error that, irrelevant to GSP, caused some issue? Not sure...

Sorry for the poor quality, but thought adding a picture made for a good comparison, as with the OP.

Actually, in retrospect, that's actually surprisingly good quality for a phone pic... hell, if the quality's that good, I could start up a youtube channel with my little hand camera, if getting the 3ds motionless was feasible or such. Hm...
This is happening with me too, now I see it is indeed a GSP error (and that I don't actually have the 100 Man world record), rather than somehow me having having multiple times faster than the next person's fastest. Before a time of up to 2:21 would display the same GSP as lower times, though now 2:19 seems to be the "minimum" time, so it's making "progress" I suppose.

fehector

Smash Cadet

Same here. My best is also Lucina, but with a different colour and a time about 1:47. So actually u deserve to be better ranked then me, but that is not happening. Not only that, you are even ranked as high as a medium score, as your example shows perfectly. Absolutly not fair. Same goes for the 10er version. under 8 seconds and over 1 second better then my last time...then i looked at the gsp...it didnt changed a bit. And i am not a fool beleaving i am the worlds champ with under 9 seconds.

To be honest, i like the idea of gsp much more the the outdated onesided ranking, where u somehow never feel any kind of pleasure. There is always some ranks more you could possibly get and even if u arrive at rank 1 it aint satisfieng you. Still, the gsp comes with his own serious problems, and Nintendo needs really somehow to overcome them. Or otherwise one day alot of people will spam the same gsp score with gaps about minutes.

I have an update on the classic mode too. Thx to the guy that wrote me back i didnt give up on this game trying classic again and got this time 1,076,000 points and the system dont accepted it either. So the trigger might be actually at 1,050,000. So when i made my score legaly i were tenthousend points away from the "green zone" ....hahaha how bad am i suppsed to play? After that i made 1,017,000 and lived ever happily after. No more trys for now, till this hole is patched or the maximum set higher.

Last edited:

CharZane

Smash Apprentice
Same here. My best is also Lucina, but with a different colour and a time about 1:47. So actually u deserve to be better ranked then me, but that is not happening. Not only that, you are even ranked as high as a medium score, as your example shows perfectly. Absolutly not fair. Same goes for the 10er version. under 8 seconds and over 1 second better then my last time...then i looked at the gsp...it didnt changed a bit. And i am not a fool beleaving i am the worlds champ with under 9 seconds.

To be honest, i like the idea of gsp much more the the outdated onesided ranking, where u somehow never feel any kind of pleasure. There is always some ranks more you could possibly get and even if u arrive at rank 1 it aint satisfieng you. Still, the gsp comes with his own serious problems, and Nintendo needs really somehow to overcome them. Or otherwise one day alot of people will spam the same gsp score with gaps about minutes.

I have an update on the classic mode too. Thx to the guy that wrote me back i didnt give up on this game trying classic again and got this time 1,076,000 points and the system dont accepted it either. So the trigger might be actually at 1,050,000. So when i made my score legaly i were tenthousend points away from the "green zone" ....hahaha how bad am i suppsed to play? After that i made 1,017,000 and lived ever happily after. No more trys for now, till this hole is patched or the maximum set higher.
Getting a high score in Multiman Melee (I refuse to call it 'smash'-- that just sounds silly) is honestly more luck with their spawns and /not/ using the wastes-an-hour-multihit-combo (damn brawlers) than anything. Though, Lucina's Utilt so guuuud~ ♥. But yeah, I've noticed that the threshold and the GSP I have both keep rising (I decided in the 'beat MMM with every character thing to make each below the 3:00 mark, for fun, so I have a good few benchmarks to view as the GSP sloooooowly creeps along). It might be that GSP is an estimation, I suppose, but I don't really see the point of that...

Tendoh

Smash Rookie
I'm replying a bit a late, but I've literally had EXACTLY the same problem as you. I was just trying to get a high score in All Star and got my GPS to get to 0, then the ban from online, and the score being cancelled.
The funny part, which you didn't mention, is that if you manage to beat this 0 score (shouldn't be too hard, eh?), the game will STILL consider it's your personal best, no matter how high it is. Basically, your only way to get rid if this weirdness is to beat your absolute personal best in All star with this character WITHOUT exceeding the critical score which makes the game glitch...
I took a screenshot of it after having beaten my 0 score with Bowser, which is still considered my best, while Lucario is obviously better: imgur.com/76AteQQ (I don't know how to directly upload the picture here, sorry...)
I've been adviced to report it to Nintendo, but I mean, come on, will Nintendo really listen to the voices of two or three random persons in the world?... :c

fehector

Smash Cadet
And the answer is...i am not sure. It is possible to reach the forbidden goal in allstar with allmost every charakter, i mean i get till 1 million points per stage, even with low tier's or low damage charakters without splash attacks. So for this mode it is very important. And i can say for sure next to the red zone are a few 10000 players, possible more, and for some of its the second personal best, because the best was deleted. I managed to get 4,700,000 with Pikachu, but that wasnt my real score, i could have gone further. Before the end i stopped at a certain point, and i am not regreting it. Better i have something very very good, then something legendary and zero written.

If it comes to classic its a big difference because only a few chosen ones can break the gsp more or less easy, same goes with smash run and other modes like trophy rush or home run. Why is that? Because u have in allstar allmost no limit. the enemies are not only very stupid, even on hard, but also the damage they make is reduced so much, that i can toying against ganondor till i have 200 %. So u can grind till death.

Even if i am a victim of this mess, i will admit its a good idea, but with some wrong placed restrictions, especially for allstar. Nintendo, make it atleast 6 mio or 7 mio.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
THAT IS COOL AS HELL!
You should be proud, you have proof that this is real and when you show people how awesome your score was you'll look like a badass :p
But seriously good luck in fixing this.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64

Pretty much hit the nail on the head for me. I'm trying to do stuff like get over 400,000 on Trophy Rush and other goals similar to that; I'd be pretty pissed when I eventually get a high score that in turn ****s up everything else

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pretty much hit the nail on the head for me. I'm trying to do stuff like get over 400,000 on Trophy Rush and other goals similar to that; I'd be pretty pissed when I eventually get a high score that in turn ****s up everything else
Getting over 400,000 won't hurt your data. My high score in Trophy Rush is 581,570 (GSP: 1,624,479) with Rosalina. I've gotten close scores with other characters too, I think.

fehector

Smash Cadet
Dont worry, i already got 570 000 there and nothing crushhed me. Its allmost impossible to happen. I dont think we will ever see someone here with that issue.

Slightly off-topic, but...

Do you remember getting any powerful equipment or rare hats from doing this?
It could be random but when i made my highscore over 1,100, 000 i got the first time a rare 6x x-attack boster for my pokemons. But that is the only item i researched in the menu, it is possible there were few more. But i beleave its determined by the difficulty you chose at the begin, and not the points.

And from your Picture, i understand where you are coming from. Best game ever with better itemgrind then diablo 3 for me personally. I hope sakurai continues on the kid icarus legend. I miss my good stuff and my bow.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I got 660K in Trophy Rush using Fox, so I don't think you can realistically get a score that would get deleted.

Still, it's a bit of oversight that they didn't consider that you can just grind Classic and All-Star scores by building tons of damage without KOing anyone in each round.

Top Bottom