• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I'm not sold on DLC besides Mewtwo of any kind. As far as Geno goes, he may always be an Ensemble Darkhorse.

I think the best thing to do is spread the word. Not exactly for Smash, but for a return of any kind, like what Somic fans are doing with Mighty.

Steelia

Smash Champion
This is the real Sakurai, https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/ but whether he will be able to understand your messages towards him or not is something I won't know.
Might be a little late to respond with this, but Sakurai noted in an interview that he'd rather passionate English Smash supporters send him English Tweets instead of "broken Japanese translations" from like Google Translate... Those are really hard for him to read :p

Geno Boost

Smash Master
if Geno reuterned in a game do you think he will be very close to look like this japaness released Geno that was made by nintendo and square in 1996 or he will get a new modren design?

also i found a 3D forest maze that only can be seen on nintendo power

Attachments

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
if Geno reuterned in a game do you think he will be very close to look like this japaness released Geno that was made by nintendo and square in 1996 or he will get a new modren design?

On my personal opinion, I hope Geno will have a New modern outfit look like this:
Geno_New_Outfit_by_Kevichan.jpg

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
As much as I HIGHLY doubt that Geno will ever be in smash in any way, shape, or form, I have a legitimate question.

Was Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars re-ported for Virtual Console? Nothing personal, I just thought I might give it a shot.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
As much as I HIGHLY doubt that Geno will ever be in smash in any way, shape, or form, I have a legitimate question.

Was Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars re-ported for Virtual Console? Nothing personal, I just thought I might give it a shot.
Actually, when there's a will, there's a way always for Geno's inclusion to Smash DLC in T-I-M-E! By, keep sending message to Square-Enix on Twitter and even Nintendo perhaps things will get better itself, if we do something quickly! P.S:https://twitter.com/SquareEnix

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Actually, when there's a will, there's a way always for Geno's inclusion to Smash DLC in T-I-M-E! By, keep sending message to Square-Enix on Twitter and even Nintendo perhaps things will get better itself, if we do something quickly! P.S:https://twitter.com/SquareEnix
It's actually not just that I don't think he will ever get his chance, it's because I don't think he deserves it at all.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
It's actually not just that I don't think he will ever get his chance, it's because I don't think he deserves it at all.
Seriously, cuz DLC is Geno's only chance to make major breakthrough all the barriers of Square-Enix and between haters who don't like Geno at all, but there's always hope that Geno can somehow make the cut for DLC roster slot in T-I-M-E with this:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno-as-DLC-playable-character-requested-in-Smash-4-3DSWii-U-verisons/1722501687975421

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Seriously, cuz DLC is Geno's only chance to make major breakthrough all the barriers of Square-Enix and between haters who don't like Geno at all, but there's always hope that Geno can somehow make the cut for DLC roster slot in T-I-M-E with this:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno-as-DLC-playable-character-requested-in-Smash-4-3DSWii-U-verisons/1722501687975421
If this is not false, hopefully, then this should be glimmering light in fans eyes against possible despair.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
If this is not false, hopefully, then this should be glimmering light in fans eyes against possible despair.
Well, I'm actually the boss & running up for the Geno for DLC as a playable character in SMASH4! So, please spread the word of the Facebook of Geno to be this glimmering light in fans eyes against possible despair in T-I-M-E, which I'll swear for Geno's sakes to be in Super Smash Bros 4 DLC 3DS/Wii U versions and please all my Geno's supporters, united as one to Square-Enix & Nintendo to respond for Geno's inclusion for SMASH DLC, LET'S GO!!!!!
The_Window_of_Wishes_by_ArcZero Geno!.jpg

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well, I'm actually the boss & running up for the Geno for DLC as a playable character in SMASH4! So, please spread the word of the Facebook of Geno to be this glimmering light in fans eyes against possible despair in T-I-M-E, which I'll swear for Geno's sakes to be in Super Smash Bros 4 DLC 3DS/Wii U versions and please all my Geno's supporters, united as one to Square-Enix & Nintendo to respond for Geno's inclusion for SMASH DLC, LET'S GO!!!!!View attachment 39503
I will try whenever I see the opportunity arise, but in this battle for Geno, remember this:

Both Nintendo and Square Enix need to agree to this, unless Nintendo buys the rights to Geno. Hopefully, Alpha Dream's desire for Geno persuades Nintendo to get a licensing deal with Square Enix to use him and/or buy the rights to the character.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I will try whenever I see the opportunity arise, but in this battle for Geno, remember this:

Both Nintendo and Square Enix need to agree to this, unless Nintendo buys the rights to Geno. Hopefully, Alpha Dream's desire for Geno persuades Nintendo to get a licensing deal with Square Enix to use him and/or buy the rights to the character.
Thx, very much for your major support, but watch out for haters who don't like Geno period and keep moving forward to sites of social society for our lifetimes sakes about Geno's inclusion for Smash DLC! P.S: @ Geno Boost Geno Boost and especially anybody in this thread, please support and spread the #GenoforSmashBros4DLC! Good-Luck, y'all!
-.jpg

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Thx, very much for your major support, but watch out for haters who don't like Geno period and keep moving forward to sites of social society for our lifetimes sakes about Geno's inclusion for Smash DLC! P.S: @ Geno Boost Geno Boost and especially anybody in this thread, please support and spread the #GenoforSmashBros4DLC! Good-Luck, y'all!
View attachment 39504
No problem. I did not grow with Geno as a character, but I do understand wanting a unique awesome character when I see one.

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
Why don't you think he deserves to be in? This is a Geno thread after all, so why are you here if you don't think he deserves it? :L

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

It was ported on the Wii Virtual Console, and I bought it (it was the first time the game was released in Europe, it arrived during an hanabi festival). I don't know if it's on WiiU's VC, I haven't checked, I'm not interested in buying the same game multiple times, unless it's a remake with more content.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
2 of those are clones.
The toon style games are very big.
Wii fit is also a huge series and sure is unique.
Isn't 1 link enough we don't need another. tingle and ganon and skull kid will be better choices
Wii fit trainer in a fighting game is not a good idea also you can't play as him/her in the wii fit games

Originality

Smash Journeyman
You can't play as Zelda in canon Zelda games.
I'm not arguing against Geno, just that your logic is flawed.

Last edited:
Isn't 1 link enough we don't need another. tingle and ganon and skull kid will be better choices
Wii fit trainer in a fighting game is not a good idea also you can't play as him/her in the wii fit games
Tingle and skull kid werent the main character of 3 games, one of which was absurdley popular.
If not being in fighting is a problem than falcon would have a word with you rob as well. And s/he has a moveset that is vrry unique so it worked anyway.
What does being playable have to do with it.

More importantly, one character not being "deserving" doesnt automatically make your character deserving.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Tingle and skull kid werent the main character of 3 games, one of which was absurdley popular.
If not being in fighting is a problem than falcon would have a word with you rob as well. And s/he has a moveset that is vrry unique so it worked anyway.
What does being playable have to do with it.

More importantly, one character not being "deserving" doesnt automatically make your character deserving.
tingle was the main character in 3 games
but thats just my opinion everybody have his own opinion

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So why we did get :4drmario::4tlink::4darkpit::4wiifit:? Do they deserve to be in? No.
I can understand your defense tactics to support Geno against opposition, but it does not help when you attack other characters that people support.

This type of action scares some people off from the Geno support group.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
but that was just my opinion
Still, that type of action runs people off from the Geno support group because it paints the Geno supporters in an aggressive light.

You could have opened up your side of the argument stating facts as to why Geno deserves to be in.

My reasoning for wanting Geno is this:

• An original Concept of a character that would have a moveset that no one else could borrow.
  • Comes from one of, if not the first, Nintendo's classic RPGs before Paper Mario existed. The game is also acclaimed as a favorite.
  • Alpha Dream has used Geno in Mario & Luigi in Super Star Saga, as a mini game prop but it still shows interest in the character.
  • Would be the representative of the Mario RPG titles, seeing as how he was the first (besides Mallow).

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Haha, I only skimmed the first couple pages and this last one. I will read some more later, but i want to say this.

I bet Geno could be a "Ace-the-Hole" for Nintendo. Nintendo is just waiting for a rainy day to play the "Geno-Card" is all.

I will even go as far to say that Brawl & Sm4sh are even tied together with Geno in the story-line--cross-up. (Banjo & Kazooie had a stop and swap feature, and I believe SSB series has a similar feature too.)

Haha, I only skimmed the first couple pages and this last one. I will read some more later, but i want to say this.

I bet Geno could be a "Ace-the-Hole" for Nintendo. Nintendo is just waiting for a rainy day to play the "Geno-Card" is all.

I will even go as far to say that Brawl & Sm4sh are even tied together with Geno in the story-line--cross-up. (Banjo & Kazooie had a stop and swap feature, and I believe SSB series has a similar feature too.)
Am I reading this correctly?
Geno has been planned since brawl and brawl and smash 4 have parts meant to be tied with Geno?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

The only real obstacle to getting Geno is Square Enix's willingness to let Nintendo use him or let him go.

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Am I reading this correctly?
Geno has been planned since brawl and brawl and smash 4 have parts meant to be tied with Geno?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epKRb6dDEXE
I can't find the original source, mostly just rumors. I heard that they(game hackors or something like so) found a song of his in brawl.

The only real obstacle to getting Geno is Square Enix's willingness to let Nintendo use him or let him go.
You never know if they ever had a private settlement or something courty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epKRb6dDEXE
I can't find the original source, mostly just rumors. I heard that they(game hackors or something like so) found a song of his in brawl.

You never know if they ever had a private settlement or something courty.
Funny I am talking about this very same thing in another thread. I have not gotten a reply but it seems that it was actually a Partners in Time song. so RIP theory unless he has a refutaion

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Funny I am talking about this very same thing in another thread. I have not gotten a reply but it seems that it was actually a Partners in Time song. so RIP theory unless he has a refutaion
Link plz, i feel i may make comments :)

Link plz, i feel i may make comments :)
https://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl
he name translates to "Forest Mushrooms". Although the most popular theory is that this was "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" from Super Mario RPG,
promising but
its position in the list—which follows a general chronological trend—reveals that it was most likely the theme for Toadwood Forest, from Partners in Time. It would have been yet another theme for the underground version of the Mushroomy Kingdom stage.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman

WHERE CAN I GET THAT KEYCHAIN? I must have it.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I have 3 words. GENO OR RITO
The word is spelled:
O.jpg

P.S: If, Square-Enix are actually giving us Geno's fanbase the middle finger again for The 3rd time, then R-I-O-T it is, cuz seriously we've been very extremely patient of waiting for getting through the Copyrights of issues Geno to give Nintendo The rights to add him in as a New DLC playable character in Super Smash Bros Franchise to like: $5Bucks to play Geno to main him as my personal favorite character in Legendary history of Smash Bros Library in T-I-M-E to come!

Top Bottom