• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I will literally **** a brick man.

I've been reading up on the relations between square and Nintendo.. and yeah it doesn't seem so rocky anymore eh?

I just know the one thing that will deter Nintendo is Square asking too much money. Considering Square's track record. I wouldn't put it past them to ask too much money.

And yes, I think Geno's moveset would be so easy to create, not to mention how unique he'd feel.

I hope Square is more mature than that. I know Capcom hasn't exactly been showing favor to Mega Man, I wonder if they tried reasoning with Sakurai about putting some other Capcom rep in. I wouldn't be too surprised if Square asked if someone else could show up. But that's a whole other can of worms. Since Geno is like, 2 1/2 Party, belonging in the Mario Universe but being owned by a 3rd party. I don't count him as 3rd party, so I don't think he'd fill a "3rd party slot."

I think his chances of showing up in some way are high :)

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I hope Square is more mature than that. I know Capcom hasn't exactly been showing favor to Mega Man, I wonder if they tried reasoning with Sakurai about putting some other Capcom rep in. I wouldn't be too surprised if Square asked if someone else could show up. But that's a whole other can of worms. Since Geno is like, 2 1/2 Party, belonging in the Mario Universe but being owned by a 3rd party. I don't count him as 3rd party, so I don't think he'd fill a "3rd party slot."

I think his chances of showing up in some way are high :)
It's simply a matter of what way he will make an appearance in.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
BTW, what happened to all the crazy amount of support Geno had when Brawl was coming out. Seems like there's a lot of other "realistic" options as everyone is telling me.
geno haters and that fake geno article wich is said sakurai will delay the game started to appears in SSB4 they wants to make people loose their hopes for geno this is 1 of the reason why he isn't high request in SSB4 but we are getting close from square enix charcter to appear in SSB4 so I hope sakurai add him before SSB5. if he didn't we will wait more 7 years for SSB5 and he will be very unlucky charcter because geno is going to be 25 year old!!!

CF711

Smash Apprentice
Well today we finally got some for the Mario RPG series of games in the form of a Paper Mario stage. This is going to be a really interesting couple of months as information continues to trickle in.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Well today we finally got some for the Mario RPG series of games in the form of a Paper Mario stage. This is going to be a really interesting couple of months as information continues to trickle in.
Yeah, 2 pretty good updates this week so far!

D

Deleted member

Ugh, I would KILL for Geno to be in this game, but I feel like it will never happen unfortunately. I can still dream :sadeyes:

Neosquid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Slowest_Of_Bros
Ugh, I would KILL for Geno to be in this game, but I feel like it will never happen unfortunately. I can still dream :sadeyes:
Well Geno is the man to go to about wishes and dreams.... it seems like he helped a certain Fitness instructor out with her wish to be in as well!

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Well Geno is the man to go to about wishes and dreams.... it seems like he helped a certain Fitness instructor out with her wish to be in as well!
That could make for an interesting trailer :p

He was on Star Road when he saw Villager's wish to be in Smash, so he made it happen and he got the invitation, same for WFT, and a few others. Then joins the fight himself as Rosalina's subordinate :D

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Mallow is usually left out of the SMRPG love. My brother loved Mallow, and my cousin loved Geno. I would love for these two characters to be brought back into Nintendo.

Anyway, the Paper Mario level is very interesting, showing two different Paper Mario games within the same stage. I really hope to see a "RPG" logo with the stage as opposed to the Mushroom. It would give me even more hope.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Mallow is usually left out of the SMRPG love. My brother loved Mallow, and my cousin loved Geno. I would love for these two characters to be brought back into Nintendo.

Anyway, the Paper Mario level is very interesting, showing two different Paper Mario games within the same stage. I really hope to see a "RPG" logo with the stage as opposed to the Mushroom. It would give me even more hope.
M&L, Paper Mario and SMRPG will probably all retain the Mushroom logo since, even though they're a spin off from the main games, they still feature Mario as the main character. But, if they did use RPG as a logo, that'd be super cool.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
M&L, Paper Mario and SMRPG will probably all retain the Mushroom logo since, even though they're a spin off from the main games, they still feature Mario as the main character. But, if they did use RPG as a logo, that'd be super cool.
I assume that they will use a Mushroom logo. However, if a RPG logo appeared, then I would be super excited for Geno/any Mario RPG character.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
When's the next Nintendo direct? Do you guys think there'll be any Mario RPG reveals then or would that be too much to hope for in your opinions?

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
When's the next Nintendo direct? Do you guys think there'll be any Mario RPG reveals then or would that be too much to hope for in your opinions?
Too much, if we're surprised with Geno I have a feeling they wouldn't unveil him now, so close to release while tensions and hype are high. They'd do better to announce someone really popular, like Ridley, or say.. Shulk (although I'm not really a fan of Shulk).

Or maybe it's just me trying to keep my expectations low, and my hope for Geno alive, but I think he'd be a character discovered after release that didn't get a trailer. :x

Although, Sakurai is slowly showing us "older" stuff. We saw the ship from Thousand Year Door in one level, and now a stage from Pokemon Black. Games that aren't exactly new.. This might be the beginning of him reaching back and showing us the older-newer things :) I hope he goes back to the SNES glory days or Mario RPG, DKC (K. Rool) and more ^_^

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Too much, if we're surprised with Geno I have a feeling they wouldn't unveil him now, so close to release while tensions and hype are high. They'd do better to announce someone really popular, like Ridley, or say.. Shulk (although I'm not really a fan of Shulk).

Or maybe it's just me trying to keep my expectations low, and my hope for Geno alive, but I think he'd be a character discovered after release that didn't get a trailer. :x

Although, Sakurai is slowly showing us "older" stuff. We saw the ship from Thousand Year Door in one level, and now a stage from Pokemon Black. Games that aren't exactly new.. This might be the beginning of him reaching back and showing us the older-newer things :) I hope he goes back to the SNES glory days or Mario RPG, DKC (K. Rool) and more ^_^
The problem I have is that I see that stage reveal more as something that hurts his chance quite hard.

Because I looked closely at the captions and I can tell you that it was a hidden tease on Paper Mario. Might seems not obvious, but that's why it's hidden, it;s made to not be obvious and even maybe misleads to deny it (there's even a case that exactly happened like this and it was Greninja).

However, there some things I found quite sad about this game not having the minimum of recognition (I know that feel, that was me before that stage reveal). There's one music I want in particular mainly because of how it pumped me every single time I heard it: Armed boss theme. It;s so sad to loose such a good music along with forest maze.

Tbh, even tough I'm neutral on Geno, it;s quite unfortunate to not get anything from that game. There's just so much to do here and yet, seems to be a far dream. Just remembering stuff like seeing the text "Monster's FP is gone" and get the most powerful feel I felt or how every boss fight was so long that it became intense and so hard that it was enjoyable.

But the most thing that imo would automatically deserves the minimum is being the foundation of the Paper Mario series.

You quite have to realise that I wouldn't even care for TTYD if it wasn't for smrpg. If that partnership would've stayed, I may have gotten a different RPG, but in a very interesting style. It turned out that history decided otherwise which turned out to be good for me, but at the same time, not getting recognition from the foundation of my second favourite game of all time seems kinda lame.

I will be honest, I would like any rep on this game. Just for the sake of this getting recognised because I think it should be in any way. Even if it's just a trophy, it would be welcome for me.

So, with all the pessimism I have, I hope you'll stay optimism to get anything and good luck.

Staarih

Smash Master
I feel like all I do is like the posts in this thread haha. But yeah, I'm still in the boat of thinking of Geno being perfect as one of the last secret characters, him not necessarily being a hype-builder pre-release (compared to the likes of Ridley, K. Rool and Mewtwo at least), but still quite the shocker in a positive way once he would be unlocked. As much as I say to myself "I'd be fine with a trophy" (of which, btw, I'm quite confident after Rayman), I'd kill for him to be playable haha.

Also, the artwork above is amazing. Geno's model in Smash should definitely look like that.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I honestly get myself all nervous and worked up about this. It's not worth the stress T_T

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I honestly get myself all nervous and worked up about this. It's not worth the stress T_T
Haha I know! I had given up on Geno too, but that Rayman thing gave me hope. But hope deferred makes the heart sick.

Sakurai is a cruel man. But I love him.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I would be very happy if Geno makes it in. He's perfectly represents Super Mario RPG, which is a fantastic game, one of those great games from my childhood that made my imagination soar.

Super Mario RPG definitely needs some love. I hope Sakurai pays homage to the game in Smash 4, somehow... a character or stage would be a dream come true. :love:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
As I said before, I don't think it's about Sakurai wanting him to join or not. I'm sure he does want Geno to be a playable character. It's how willing Square is cooperate with him.

Sakurai has good perspective, and considering how much Geno was clamored for in Brawl, he knows we still want him.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think Geno could of at least cameoed in some way, for one I think he'd fit perfectly being a part of Rosalina's moveset, kind of like Zelda's Phantom, Geno would step in.

I can't really see him playable, but at least cameo him some how, however it would be nice to have a 6th Mario character playable, I'm really hoping the 666 big three rep comes to fruition, I want two more characters for both Zelda and Pokémon.

I don't see why not just put him in, who cares what Square thinks because it doesn't matter what Square thinks, c'mon Sakurai, you know you want him in, we could use a 6th Mario character.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Why does Square even own Geno? It's not like they plan on putting him in a game anytime soon. They might as well just sell him to Nintendo and profit a couple thousand dollars. Then he could easily be in smash 5!

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I'm assuming because square came up with the original characters in Mario RPG, including Mallow, Smithy... among the other cast of characters. :(

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Why does Square even own Geno? It's not like they plan on putting him in a game anytime soon. They might as well just sell him to Nintendo and profit a couple thousand dollars. Then he could easily be in smash 5!
Nintendo said create a game for us and they did. Unfortunately it was all their ideas that Nintendo allowed them to keep, rather than buying the IP outright. SMRPG is a FF clone or a standard Square game. Culex is even a nod to the series. How I wish nintendo would have kept those rights like they did with other games like DKC, Star Fox Adventures et cetera

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Nintendo said create a game for us and they did. Unfortunately it was all their ideas that Nintendo allowed them to keep, rather than buying the IP outright. SMRPG is a FF clone or a standard Square game. Culex is even a nod to the series. How I wish nintendo would have kept those rights like they did with other games like DKC, Star Fox Adventures et cetera
Yeah, they learned I guess. Other companies did too. Like how Sora, Riku, and other Kingdom Hearts Characters all belong to Disney even though Squenix makes the games.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I would laugh hysterically if the rights to any SMRPG character was something like $~250. May seem a bit much but come on, like one person couldn't afford it to save us all the heartache. Geno would be pricier but who wouldn't want Jonathon Jones instead lol

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Buy the rights to Geno and the SMRPG cast? I'm in.

I find myself daydreaming at work about how Geno, Ridley, and K. Rool getting the last trailer because of their popularity pre-Brawl. One can hope for a trailer with all three to hype the game before release.

Top Bottom